The MiniMins WW Food Diary

Sparkle

Gold Member
As I'm sure those of you on diets will agree, when you're watching what you eat you either 1) have the same thing all the time, or when you do try to think of something new you 2) struggle to come up with any ideas.

I'm definately guilty of doing both - I've been known to have the same lunch 5 or 6 times a week, for over a month! Just ask my mum, it drives her mad! Just as my parents get used to what I'm eating, it comes on special offer so they buy loads - and I get sick and tired of it and can't eat it for months... and have no idea what to have instead!

So, Busy and I came up with the idea of everyone on WW posting what they eat each day. That way it gives everyone a chance to 1) track their points and 2) see what everyone else is eating. I'm sure there are going to be lots of different interesting breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks.

My food for Sunday 8th October!

Here's what I ate yesterday - I'll post todays 'menu' later... but I haven't finished stuffing my face yet! ;)

Breakfast
45g Shreddies - 2.5 points
Small glass of Orange Juice - 1 point
Milk for the day - 2 points

Lunch
Small Scone - 2 points
1 serving of butter - 1 point
1 small complimentary biscuit - 1 point (went out for lunch)

Dinner
45g Chicken - 1.5 points
100g roast pots (minimal oil) - 1 point
Lots of cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts and green beans - 0 points
Bread sauce - 1 point
Gravy - 0.5 points

Supper
Hot chocolate - 1 point
WW Bakewell Tart - 2.5 points

Snacks throughout day
1 Rich Tea Biscuit - 0.5 points
Small 2 finger KitKat - 2.5 points.

Total Points - 20 (out of my 22)

Food diary for Monday 9th october 2006.

Breakfast

2 x crumpets + nutella = 3

Lunch

Chicken salad sandwich on granary = 4
i ww yoghurt = 0.5
1 bag crisps (morrisons low fat snacks) = 0.5 (so yummy and only 0.5 point)
apple = 0.5

Total so far = 8.5

Dinner
ww fresh pasta and sauce = 6
salad
bns chips
ww no point mayo
skinny cow lolly = 1.5

total = 16

banana = 1.5
hot chocolate = 0.5
ww choc bar 1.5

Milk = 1

Total = 20.5

my points allowance per day is 21.

I usually plan my day ahead so i know exactely what i am having although sometimes i might change little things along the way.

Monday 9th October

Breakfast
Small glass of Orange Juice - 1 point

Lunch
Tomato Soup - 2.5 points
Roll - 2 points
1tsp I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - 1 point
Small 2 finger KitKat - 2.5 points

Dinner
Homemade Cottage Pie - 5 points
Lots of broccoli, cauliflower and green beans - 0 points

Supper
Hot Chocolate - 1 point
WW Bakewell Tart - 2.5 points

Total points - 22 out of 22

I usually plan as well Busy (I know every dinner I'm having this week). But I always seem to change lunch, or have an extra snack or something! :D

Fabulous idea Sparkle, well done.

I love actual food diaries myself as they are always full of good ideas and as you say we do all tend to eat the same thing a lot of the time.

When you are doing the cooking all the time for your family... I know I do tend to run out of ideas and I would say to them what would you like for dinner? and the answer is always... whatever you think:mad: :eek:

Tuesday 10th October

Thanks for that Mini :D

I really need to come up with something new for breakfast, but I can't really think of anything that's filling but low in points. I'm not a fan of crumpets or Nutella so can't try that! lol - I'm far too fussy! :eek:

I haven't had a brilliant day today - stayed within my points, but have been snacking a lot.

Breakfast
Small Glass of Orange Juice - 1 point

Mid Morning Snack
2 Rich Tea Biscuits - 1 point

Lunch
Roll - 2 points
WW Tuna in Coronation Sauce - 2 points
2 Finger KitKat - 2.5 points

Mid Afternoon Snack
2 Milk Chocolate Digestives - 3 points

Dinner
30g Chicken - 0.5 points
100g Chips - 2.5 points
100g Beans - 1 point

Supper
Hot Chocolate - 1 point

Total - 22 out of 22 points for the day

How about a nice mushroom omelette for breakfast with some tinned tomatoes... yummy!!! salivating here!!!

Just a thought, i have just had fruit toast for my brekkie and it was lovely, or how about oat so simple they are low in points, or scotch pancakes with honey, or turkey rashers with lettuce and tomatoes in a bagel, or toasted ham and cheese sandwich or scrambled egg ( you can bulk this out with egg whites cos they are free). I am sure there are lots of thing you can think of for breakfast, i am trying to vary things as well or i think you get stuck in a ww rut and the weight loss will slow.

Hope this helps hun.

Just planned my menu for today so here it goes:

Breakfast

2xfruit toast - 3
spread - 0.5
hot choc - 0.5

Lunch

1 large bap - 3.5
chicken - 1
salad - 0
low fat crisps - 1.5
ww yoghurt - 0.5

Dinner

WW chilli beef and potato crush - 4
medium sweet potato - 2
veg - 0

snacks

milk - 1
snack a jacks salted popcorn - 0.5
low fat choc mousse - 1
hot choc - 0.5
ww toffee bar - 1.5

total - 21​

How about a nice mushroom omelette for breakfast with some tinned tomatoes... yummy!!! salivating here!!!

Just a thought, i have just had fruit toast for my brekkie and it was lovely, or how about oat so simple they are low in points, or scotch pancakes with honey, or turkey rashers with lettuce and tomatoes in a bagel, or toasted ham and cheese sandwich or scrambled egg ( you can bulk this out with egg whites cos they are free). I am sure there are lots of thing you can think of for breakfast, i am trying to vary things as well or i think you get stuck in a ww rut and the weight loss will slow.

Hope this helps hun.

Thank you both for your suggestions! It all sounds lovely! Think I am best trying the cooked breakfasts at the weekend - I struggle getting to work on time as it is ;)

I never thought of bulking scrambled egg (or even omlette) out with egg whites Busy, so that's a fantastic idea!

Karen, tinned tomatoes... yum, don't remember the last time I had some! :eek:

Am definately writing a little list here of things to try! Fruit toast sounds delicious... oh and turkey rashers - I completely forgot about those.

Blimey at this rate I'm going to be getting up early of a morning and having incredible cooked breakfasts! (And it takes a lot to get me out of bed early ;) ). Will definately fill me up for the morning though!

Thank you again! :D

What a brill idea!
My fav breakfast to fill me up is
Half cup of oats 1.5 pts
1 chopped apple .5p
mixed spice or cinnemon
cup of hot water mixed with a bit of milk from allowance
sweetner
I cook it in the microwave for a couple of mins (ish!!! sometimes have boil overs!)
2 points and full till lunch! Yum

Today for lunch
Pitta 2.5
chopped peppers 0
WW cheese spread 1
Shape yogurt 1
Apple .5
Total points 5

When I got in I had some free veg chilli.
Not sure what to have yet for tea!

Last night I had my low point saviour
Jacket potato 2.5
filled with cooked mushrooms with herbs and garlic -yum yum!

Wednesday 11th October

Had another snacky day today.. Although all the Milk Chocolate Digestives are gone from work now, so things should improve... Having said that our area manager and his manager are visiting us on Monday so no doubt more biscuits will be bought then to [STRIKE]suck up to them[/STRIKE] cheer them up. At least this time they should actually turn up to eat them though.

Anyway, I'm still staying within my points, although not the healthiest. Can't try the new breakfasts until the weekend as my parents don't go food shopping until Friday. Not sure what I fancy for lunch tomorrow... Might see if we have any chicken left and have a chicken pitta - I'll raid the freezer and see what I can find, something different tomorrow though, I don't want to get back into the rut of 'Tuna Rolls'.

Breakfast
Milk - 2 points

Mid Morning Snack
Milk Chocolate Digestive - 1.5 points

Lunch
Roll - 2 points
WW Coronation Tuna - 2 points

Mid Afternoon Snack
Milk Chocolate Digestive - 1.5 points

Dinner
Home Made Toad in the Hole - 5 points
100g Potato - 1 point
Cabbage and Green Beans - 0 points
Peas - 0.5 points
Gravy - 0..5 points

Supper
Hot Chocolate - 1 point
3 Rich Tea Biscuits - 1.5 points.

Total points - 22 out of 22

Hope you don't mind me joining in, I need all the help I can to stay focussed and on track at the moment. Perhaps writing it here will keep me on the straight and narrow.

B: apple (½); porridge with maple syrup, banana, seeds, rice milk (6)

L: salad with avocado, houmous and seeds (5); mango (1)

D: pot barley risotto, hemp oil (4½); baked figs (2)

S: will try not to snack today as I want to save some points for a party tomorrow but there is fruit in the office if desperation strikes!

Wishing everyone a good WWing day :)

I took the plunge last night and went to a ww meeting so great to see what kind of things you can eat as it will take a bit of time to get through books.

I will keep it simple for a week or so but have been to the gym today so 4 extra points :D

Hi Virgogirl, like sparkle said the more the merrier.

and welcome lardass lovely to have you here as well, and well done on joining ww i am sure you will love it.

Just wanted to say that yes it really does help to post on here every day with your menus and it gives you an idea of what others are eating. Also just started a weigh in result thread so feel free to post on there when you weigh in good or bad because its nice to get encouragement and support when youneed it and also praise etc.

Sparkle, just wanted to say that i was browsing the ww site this morning and someone on there had semolina for her brekkie, made it with milk in the microwave bought it in the supermarket where the rice is etc and said its about 1.5-2 points a serving, i am deffo going to try it and thought you might like it as another idea for breakfast.

lots of love Busy XX

Sparkle, just wanted to say that i was browsing the ww site this morning and someone on there had semolina for her brekkie, made it with milk in the microwave bought it in the supermarket where the rice is etc and said its about 1.5-2 points a serving, i am deffo going to try it and thought you might like it as another idea for breakfast.

lots of love Busy XX

Lardass... cool name... and nice to have you here! Well done for taking the plunge and joining WW. I love the plan - hope that you do too!

Busy, the sounds like an option. I've never had semolina before, will see how it goes for you, and then maybe try it next week - I've already got so much to try this week!! :)

Thursday 12th October

Breakfast
Orange Juice - 1 point

Lunch
2 small pittas - 2 points
40g Chicken - 0.5 points
Pickle & Mayo (don't ask why both) - 1 point
KitKat - 2.5 points

Dinner
Plain Omlette - 3 points