The most horriblest thing happened..

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
Yesterday Fiance and I went up to London for a concert, It was originally supposed to be in may but was postponed. Anyway, it was at the o2indigo and we were both really looking forward to it.
Our hotel was lovely and we went for something to eat at franky and bennys, my chicken was raw and the women was so rude when i sent it back, in the end we didn't have to pay for it and i wasn't that bothered because i was excited about the concert. When we go in and find we're in the middle on a row, when we were told we'd have the end seats, not so much of a problem BUT went to sit down and didn't fit in the chair!!!!!!!!!!!! I was mortified and was almost in tears, i eventually managed to sit but cup holders either side were digging into my theighs and i have some lovely bruises, so basically spent the concert wedged into a seat, and i wasn't the only one with problems, people bigger then me were the same.

I'm only a size 22, even fiance was squished and he is a perfect weight, we worked out each chair was about 16inches from cupholder to cupholder.

So unless you're a size 10 you're not welcome at o2indigo. You think i should complain?
I feel so bad as i no fiance was worried about me all night. On a positive note i walked everywhere (although i now feel my legs may fall off any minute) and i am going to stick to the damn diet so next time i can wiggle my skinny arse in the chair with room to spare,

I know the feeling I am a size 18 and spent a flight home from south africa last month for 12 hours with my thighs being squashed and it felt like i had pins and needles in them all the time!
I think its wrong as the average size of a woman is 16!

I see your getting married too!
Where you getting married? you got your dress or seen it or anything?
x

What a horrible experience for you. It must be really upsetting when you have been so looking forward to something. I don't go the the Cinema in Bedford because the seats are so small, I travel into MK where they are a bit wider.

aw sorry to hear that, how awful! id deffo complain, hopefully if other people have complained they will take it all on board xxx

dont feel bad hun ...but your not alone ive been in a similar situation and its not good... just put it behind u and keep up with your diet... im sending u :flowers: and hugz please dont feel bad any longer xx

Aww babe, so sorry to hear that. I've been in the situation myself....... the horrible feeling just before you board a plane thinking.... am I going to have to ask for the extension belt etc, why can't they just make things bigger, it's on the news every day about obesity, so surely they'd get the picture by now.

I guess to o2... more seats = more people = more ££

xxx

Yet the o2 arena is huge and the chairs have plenty of room?

Not been to indigo room :/

Its crap - when I went to see Dirty Dancy thats in an old theatre and seats were tiny :(

Crap eh... dunno where complaining will get ya but if makes ya feel better then do it :D

xxx

aah hun just wanted to send :grouphugg:xx

Stupid bloody rich blokes, sitting in ivory towers dreaming up ways to get richer...I know, bung in as many seats as possible...doesn't matter if it's not comfy. Complain, complain, complain!!!! xxx

Oh you poor thing. I hate seats. I am a size 22 also and i cant go on rollarcoasters and some places. But thats a luxury i suppose....the thing that really upset me was not being able to sit in a seat on an East Midlands train!!!!!!!! Something i need to do for work. Virgin trains are fine but i couldnt sit down.....and there were sooo many seats spare but i stood up for 2 hours. People kept staring at me :(

I feel you pain hun. Definately....complain if youre dissappointed.

Taz x

u aint the only one..............dependin on what plane u go on...i hate the.......am i goin to be able to get the tray down.........lookin forward to goin on a plane now as i'm only a skinny size 18.......well thats how it feels.......when i think back to when i was a size 24....

aw you poor thing, def compalin hun. our last flight home from holidays i had to sit beside someone i didnt know as no seats together left n had the arm rest digging into me the whole way home. :hug99:

Omg.. thats terrible.. 16inches.. jeeez.. i have perfected the tilt and shuffle approach when it comes to little seats.. lol.. its shocking though tbh.. obv its so they can have a lot more chairs in the place.. I think you should complain.. as it really isnt fair, and it made you feel terrible..

*hugs hugs hugs*

x x

Aww thats a shame, i know how you feel and it isn't nice. I am also a size 22 and me and my oh went to the Kings in Glasgow to see Evita, the seats were so small and i was in agony all night, i was all squashed up and tense, trying not to let my legs touch the guy on the other side of me. They are all just thinking of money with more seats the get more money.

Maybe if you complain you'll get a voucher out of it, but I doubt they'll change the size of their seats.

More seats = more money, like someone already said. Boo :(

I know the feeling I am a size 18 and spent a flight home from south africa last month for 12 hours with my thighs being squashed and it felt like i had pins and needles in them all the time!
I think its wrong as the average size of a woman is 16!

I see your getting married too!
Where you getting married? you got your dress or seen it or anything?
x

I get married a year today in Southsea, hope the weathers as nice as today as its been lovely. Have seen a few dresses i like but i don't think they are 'big girl' dresses. The thought of dress shopping scares the bejesus out of me. How about you? Where are you getting married? found your dress?

Thanks everyone, i'm not going to complain, nothing will change and it won't make me feel anybetter. To be honest i'm using the horrid feeling to actually start and stick to the diet. Got some lovely bruises though and after all the walking in london i don't think my leg muscles (or my lungs) will ever be the same again.

Back