The New Cinderellas

People are saying to me it's pointless trying to diet over Xmas, but I know that if I don't have at least half the month even on shakes with the parties in between, then I can easily put on a stone over the festivities! So even staying the same over the next month would be great!!
Here's hoping!
Keep going everyone :) xxx

Lea,its not pointless trying to diet over Xmas and good on you for having the intention cos , its not easy with all the parties and eating and just food everywhere and everyone encouraging everyone to eat.And its a healthy attitude to want to diet a bit so that you do not put on as much as might.

You are not crap at the program because at least you keep on trying. The only crap thing to do would be to give up on yourself cos there is never a need to do that, no matter how many times we have to keep getting up and starting again. Thats courage, not crap.

Last edited:
Hey Cinderellas, did you know that

asian_girl.jpg

''Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

(A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Harper Collins, 1992. From Chapter 7, Section 3])

Well so far, Decembers going GREAT!! :)
Haven't eaten, just stuck to my shakes but maybe that's cos I'm snowed in n we have no food in the house...aw well :) xx

Well done on the new committments, everyone!

My goal for December is 14lbs or a stone, which would bring me down to 162lbs......wow!!

START: December 1, 2010: 176lbs / 12st 8lbs / 79.9kg
GOAL : December 31, 2010: 162lbs / 11st 8lbs / 73.5kg

2 more pounds to hit the 2 stone mark! This is taking tooooo longggg!!

Hi Cinderellas, how are you planing to get through the Hols?

as Dr Phil would say, will power is good, strategy is better.

dr_phil-319x350.png

I hope I'll still be able to get out of london,in a few weeks...why does so much grind to a halt with a bit of snow.

Cinderellas, something from Geneen Roth

"The real miracle wasn't that I lost weight or that the biggest problem of my life was no longer a problem, it was that all this time, my longing -- which expressed itself in distorted eating -- was for the right thing but I didn't know how to listen, to be attentive."

Feeding-the-Hungry-Heart.jpg

" All this time, my self -- destructive eating was a valiant though misguided attempt at being fully alive. Like a plant naturally curves to the light, I could trust the curves of my heart. I could trust that what I wanted most was to be whole."

Hi everyone,

its cold and that is always a trigger to over eat if one is not careful. I ate a large salad and hot chicken yesterday, my stomach felt fine and happy and I felt alive, but today I am perked up and ready again. However if I had drank more and yet more hot water yesterday, I might not have needed that hot meal.

keep on keeping on folks, its not over till its over.

Last edited:
Bellefrogette....
Love your words of inspiration on a morning :) just what we all need to hear to start our day!
I'm day 3 of completely ss :) I'm even going to a party tomorrow and while my OH was buying crates of beer for it I bought a nice big bottle of soda water! That's a start cos normally the very mention of a party is enough to have me making excuses for a night off!

Have a good day everyone :) xx

Bellefrogette....
Love your words of inspiration on a morning :) just what we all need to hear to start our day!
I'm day 3 of completely ss :) I'm even going to a party tomorrow and while my OH was buying crates of beer for it I bought a nice big bottle of soda water! That's a start cos normally the very mention of a party is enough to have me making excuses for a night off!

Have a good day everyone :) xx

You go girl! And good on you for prepping ahead..though my recall of soad water is that its pretty tasteless...one thing your post reminded me of is that this program does not mean we have to forget about the fun and joy of life, we can take a big bottle of some low cal or no cal drink and party away like everyone else so long as we watch out for the temptation to nibble.

Hi Cinderellas,

I sometimes find listening to audio books help me alot..this is one I bought ages ago and its been sitting on my ipod cos I found it hard to listen to. But now I am looking deeper at my stuff I can hear her story. Its pretty raw.

Losing it and find my life 1lb at a time by Valarie Bertenelli

She brings up multiple issues with self-esteem, as characterized by her infidelity, drug use and food abuse. Whether promulgated from show-business or a deeper, more complex and personal issue, Valerie reassures us in her new book that it's normal to have unrealistic expectations about your body and shows how the Jenny Craig program taught her to reach, and even exceed, her weight loss goals.

Read more: Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It - Diet Review Valerie Bertinelli: Losing It - Diet Review

80077573.jpg

Cinderellas, I know its December,but keep an eye on focus and goals, but even if you go off and enjoy a yummy Xmas, remember to restart in January.

By the way i saw this magazine cover in smiths and thought wow I have never had that degree of balance, i mean come on how come she does not fall over?

OM7-Cover.jpg

A true Cinderella

[YOUTUBE]X8Qh_UPgulY[/YOUTUBE]

Guys can be Cinderellas too

[YOUTUBE]ACPWUWGx-CI[/YOUTUBE]

no excuses Cinderellas stay with the program, even when you don't.

Sorry, guys I've been a bit busy this past few weeks and haven't been checking in as much as I'd like! Hope you're all having a fantastic week and keeping your cravings at bay.

I find myself drinking a lot of warm/hot water is helping and having trouble getting all the water down! Onwards and downwards.

slight change folks I am going to be spliting my Cds and having them more often , I was watching a youtube clip and this woman says she has 7 protein drinks during the day a but her drinks are 100 cals each and she was saying it kept her metabolic rate up.

my CD somes in tins and its 2 scoops per serving , so I am going to have 1 scoop per serving more often say 6- 8 times aday

Ooh that sounds good. Something tasty to have more often!
I've been off the rails a little and gained 2lbs oops....but now I have nothing going on til the 18th so gonna do ss til then and get it all off :)
Decembers going to be hard for us all, I'm just planning on taking things one day at a time. Every day on CD is a day I would usually have been pigging out at this time of year so every little helps :)

Let's gooooooooo! Xx

inspirational cambridge dieters

[YOUTUBE]pmxQwSq2Oyg[/YOUTUBE]

also listen to the lady in the clip who does states a simple fact, its short haul.If we just stick with it and do everything we can do , its soon over and done

with.

[YOUTUBE]R82jSuyo480[/YOUTUBE]

No one wants to be on this longer than they have to, so for me at least I am really going to commit to no more nibbles, no more excuses cos I want this completed

[YOUTUBE]v1W21c3ch6I[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Thanks, bella. It's remaining hectic!
The weight loss is slowing down though I'm remaining more and more 100%. I think it's the fact I'm not pushing the water into me. I'm finding it increasingly harder to do because of the cold days.

Today we're having hot mince pies at work w/ cream for a person who is leaving. I am having hot water. Meh.

Back