The New Cinderellas

Hiya everyone hope you all doing well...

I keep threatening to join you al but think I will be here soon.....

Bought biggest loser shakes and they are vile, spent about £40 on them as well could kick myself... Did stick to it yesterday and exercised but to be honest if i can do 2 shakes a day of that I could do cambridge add a meal or 4 shakes a day.

I am gonna ring my CDC and see if I can see her. She does a class on a Monday but I go to college on a Monday so gonna see what time she arrive at the place because I pass it on way to college!!!! Anyway if she cant see me there is another about 15 minutes away!

I have seen them all at some point lol x

Hi Ladies -- Bad day yesterday -- hungry all day. Hoping for a better one today. I hope you ease into ketosis Bel... and the cat returns. It sounds like he is comfort.

MM

Ok folks I am offically moody again..honestly my tag should be moody cow not fabulous freak at this rate..

Mel - How come you were hungry? was it major real hunger or just a kinda hungry/boredom thing .And yep love that furball, but I am not going to over feed him this time round even if I am tempted, anyhow all he wants to go is curl up in the middle of the bed and sleep..reminding me to go slower sometimes

s-16- Hi good to see you, I know I am bit biased but all the shakes I can buy off the shelf I have tried and the worst so far was tony ferguson from boots.. vile stuff..infact just about every powdered brand except CD , to me, is just punishment and the liquids are't much better including the sports ones like myoplex..vile...sounds like with the BL shakes if you can do those CD will will be a breeze..VLCDs can be challenging enough already without having to deal with yucky shakes

Chelly - I love the porriages..way too much, I have been known to make a bowl of the stuff..so I did not bring the tins of oatmeal back with me because its unlikely I would stick to the portion size...by the way what sort of class does your CDC do. My greatest success with CD was when I was going to a CDC who rang a saturday group - saturday was also I thnk the only day you could buy the stuff from her, which worked out quite well, we would all have a good gossip and moan and drink too much black coffee and feel totally empowered to stay on course for the next week..most of us including me got to goal...

it may be wishful thinking but I wish CD would run something along the lines of the lighter life model and well as the regular way the product is sold.

Hi Vonny how you doing over there ? I am still a sucker for cookery programes, I do not watch nigella, but materchef is the business.

Ok I am off to buy some roses cos I am still moody...

and I have began my saga to beautification, I think for every 10 lbs I lose I will reward myself with something from groupon..this morning I saw a groupon for dermabrasion- 6 sessions..with any luck I shall , in time have a face as smooth as a babies bottom..and I have to stop using soap on it:p

hi ladies :)

Bella i think it was 'size 16 will do' that mentioned the classes that her CDC runs, mine comes out to my house now and my old one i went to her.

I had porridge for the first time this morning, wasnt keen tbh had the apple and cinemon one but i kinda got distracted while i was eating (kids hey!) and anyway before i knew it had all gone so cant have been that bad lol

MM i think yesterday was a bad day for a lot of people, myself included i ended up having some tuna, feel fine again today tho so maybe it was just that one off i really dont know, but i guess tuna is better than reaching for the chocolate or a packet of crisps!

Its day 8 for me today (well nearly over now) but i have got an obsession with the scales, i'm jumping on them 3 or 4 times a day at the min lol am pleased tho as they are showing a loss when i do get on them, maybe thats whats spurring me on at the min.

Have had a nice chilled out day today, spent this afternoon going through my wardrobe, got rid of a load of clothes that i havent worn in ages and i dont intend on wearing again made lots of space for all my new clothes that i will be needing :)
Do you all or did you have an item of clothing in the size you want to be in your wardrobes? am thinking of going and getting just the one top or pair of trousers in the size i am hoping for so that i can look at them and keep thinking to myself i will get in them soon but am not sure.

anyway enough rambling, am now off for a nice soak in the bath before bed.

Chell x

@Chelly --

I have a pair of jeans that I was able to wear before I started my regain that looked great -- and, get this, are an American size 18 boys' jeans! They are too small for my 19 year old son -- who is 5'10" and 10stone 3ish (quite slim). -- I think he could get them on but he won't wear clothes that tight.

So, anyway -- I want to be able to comfortably wear those jeans.

And, once I can wear them, I am going to try them on every Sunday for the rest of my life... and if they are ever feel snug again... I will IMMEDIATELY start back on CD. Otherwise, I will just let is slide until I am 2 plus stone up again.

MinnieMel

Hiya everyone

Hope you all ok this morning and being good!

I am seeing CDC tomorrow teatime for shakes, I think I have a couple in the house so am thinking of starting in the morning. It was me who mentioned a class but its not a class as such. She hires a hall and is there on a monday between 5 and 7 or smething like that. you just drop in when you want. she doesn't do a talk but at least you see others who are on the diet as well, and she is a life coach so she is really good at her job.

Anyway the question about an item of clothing, my name says it all really!! I have a dress I bought about 4 years ago its gorgeous summery a coral colour with beading on it, it is a size 16 and still has the tags on!! Never got into it yet, that is my target for my 40th in July!!

Anyway will pop in later and hope you all do fab today! We will be slim this year I have a good feeling....

See ya x x x x

Hiya everyone

Anyway the question about an item of clothing, my name says it all really!! I have a dress I bought about 4 years ago its gorgeous summery a coral colour with beading on it, it is a size 16 and still has the tags on!! Never got into it yet, that is my target for my 40th in July!!

x x x x

Sounds Lovely -- If you want to post a picture of it... it could be your avatar! You'll do this and be a Fit Fabulous Forty!

Minnie Mel

Do you all or did you have an item of clothing in the size you want to be in your wardrobes?

Chell x

a lambswool black mini ( now micro mini after an accident with the drier) Donna karen skirt. Honestly even when I get to 138 I am too old to be showing all my business in that skirt..but maybe I can wear it round the house when I am vacumming and dancing .

I am am on the look out for a lavender bikini..I have never worn a bikini in my life cos I have always had a soft belly even at my slimmest

Bella

an American size 18 boys' jeans!

So, anyway -- I want to be able to comfortably wear those jeans.

And, once I can wear them, I am going to try them on every Sunday for the rest of my life... and if they are ever feel snug again... I will IMMEDIATELY start back on CD. Otherwise, I will just let is slide until I am 2 plus stone up again.

MinnieMel

Hi Mel

what is the equivalent in uk sizes? or rather what is the waist meaurement? Sounds like those skinny drain pipe jeans that really enlongate the legs.

Bella

I am seeing CDC tomorrow teatime for shakes, I think I have a couple in the house so am thinking of starting in the morning. It was me who mentioned a class but its not a class as such. She hires a hall and is there on a monday between 5 and 7 or smething like that. you just drop in when you want. she doesn't do a talk but at least you see others who are on the diet as well, and she is a life coach so she is really good at her job.

See ya x x x x

Hi there s16,

hope it goes well with your CDC, even someone who has an open slot like that would be great, I thought you meant a class in which case I would have had a bit of the old green eyes....I probably would have done L/L because I do like the class format but the flavours seem a bit iffy....though I was tempted to go to an open day..but then I would have missed out on my fav egg nog CD . Many CDC have a bit of the life coach about them which I feel must be very helpful.

Bella

I have tried lighterlife as well and to be honest not too impressed with the class i had.

The leader wasnt that good, she was about a size 20 as well which in all honesty didnt look good for a lighterlife class!!! The shakes werent as nice as the cambridge shakes, they are definately the best ones x x

@Bella -- I think the UK eq. for boys' size 18 woudl be a UK womans' size 6.

@I did LL as my first VLCD and my cousellor was fab. She had reained some of her losses, but was very honest and shares her struggles with us. She has since relost the weight, been through therapy and divorce. However, I do think the UK CD shakes are better, and the soups similar. I liked the LL bars better than CD ones... but I have ordered in from the US some South Beach bars and
will have those instead.

Having done LL, I have all the books and materials and will work through them myself (again). I am also looking into joining WW are some other weekly meeting... because once I am off CD I will need something to keep me accountable. I do want to regain -- I gained back over half of my LL losses.

MM

bellefrogette said:
Ok folks I am offically moody again..honestly my tag should be moody cow not fabulous freak at this rate..

Mel - How come you were hungry? was it major real hunger or just a kinda hungry/boredom thing .And yep love that furball, but I am not going to over feed him this time round even if I am tempted, anyhow all he wants to go is curl up in the middle of the bed and sleep..reminding me to go slower sometimes

s-16- Hi good to see you, I know I am bit biased but all the shakes I can buy off the shelf I have tried and the worst so far was tony ferguson from boots.. vile stuff..infact just about every powdered brand except CD , to me, is just punishment and the liquids are't much better including the sports ones like myoplex..vile...sounds like with the BL shakes if you can do those CD will will be a breeze..VLCDs can be challenging enough already without having to deal with yucky shakes

Chelly - I love the porriages..way too much, I have been known to make a bowl of the stuff..so I did not bring the tins of oatmeal back with me because its unlikely I would stick to the portion size...by the way what sort of class does your CDC do. My greatest success with CD was when I was going to a CDC who rang a saturday group - saturday was also I thnk the only day you could buy the stuff from her, which worked out quite well, we would all have a good gossip and moan and drink too much black coffee and feel totally empowered to stay on course for the next week..most of us including me got to goal...

it may be wishful thinking but I wish CD would run something along the lines of the lighter life model and well as the regular way the product is sold.

Hi Vonny how you doing over there ? I am still a sucker for cookery programes, I do not watch nigella, but materchef is the business.

Ok I am off to buy some roses cos I am still moody...

and I have began my saga to beautification, I think for every 10 lbs I lose I will reward myself with something from groupon..this morning I saw a groupon for dermabrasion- 6 sessions..with any luck I shall , in time have a face as smooth as a babies bottom..and I have to stop using soap on it:p

I think having a treating yourself is a brilliant idea. When we're being deprived we need something to make up for it. I'm going to have a manicure or head massage I think. Sounds as if it's all coming together. Have a good week :)

Chelly said:

Bella i think it was 'size 16 will do' that mentioned the classes that her CDC runs, mine comes out to my house now and my old one i went to her.

I had porridge for the first time this morning, wasnt keen tbh had the apple and cinemon one but i kinda got distracted while i was eating (kids hey!) and anyway before i knew it had all gone so cant have been that bad lol

MM i think yesterday was a bad day for a lot of people, myself included i ended up having some tuna, feel fine again today tho so maybe it was just that one off i really dont know, but i guess tuna is better than reaching for the chocolate or a packet of crisps!

Its day 8 for me today (well nearly over now) but i have got an obsession with the scales, i'm jumping on them 3 or 4 times a day at the min lol am pleased tho as they are showing a loss when i do get on them, maybe thats whats spurring me on at the min.

Have had a nice chilled out day today, spent this afternoon going through my wardrobe, got rid of a load of clothes that i havent worn in ages and i dont intend on wearing again made lots of space for all my new clothes that i will be needing :)
Do you all or did you have an item of clothing in the size you want to be in your wardrobes? am thinking of going and getting just the one top or pair of trousers in the size i am hoping for so that i can look at them and keep thinking to myself i will get in them soon but am not sure.

anyway enough rambling, am now off for a nice soak in the bath before bed.

Chell x

Hi Chell,
WELL DONE! what a great weightloss. You must be so pleased. Once you've lost this sort of weight you can see how quickly you are going to get back into shape. Your hubby sounds great.
I'm weighing in tomorrow, so fingers crossed. Not expecting too much after last week.
Hunger pangs haven't been too bad. Got a party at end of month and I am determined to get into a decent LBD!! (not THAT little yet!!)
Keep up the good work :) Vonnyx

I think having a treating yourself is a brilliant idea. When we're being deprived we need something to make up for it. I'm going to have a manicure or head massage I think. Sounds as if it's all coming together. Have a good week :)

Honestly @Vonny a babes gotta do what a babes gotta do and I look out for those groupons to come through my email box cos what I want, i want, even if I can't afford it at regular price..I spent so long just feeling that I could not be arsked to take care of myself or my body , its sad , but hey I am making up for all of that now

20101123_fish-pedicure-1.jpg

see what I want next is one of those fish pedicures where the fish eat away the dead skin..except I am not sure if that is healthy for the fish or even kind cos fish should not be eating people, not even dead parts of people who are still alive?

Got a party at end of month and I am determined to get into a decent LBD!! (not THAT little yet!!)
Vonnyx

Hi Vonny , what sort of part are you going to and is there going to be lots of food and drink ..ok what type of party would it be without lots of food and drink !

Bella

@Bella -- I think the UK eq. for boys' size 18 woudl be a UK womans' size 6.

@I did LL as my first VLCD and my cousellor was fab. She had reained some of her losses, but was very honest and shares her struggles with us. She has since relost the weight, been through therapy and divorce. However, I do think the UK CD shakes are better, and the soups similar. I liked the LL bars better than CD ones... but I have ordered in from the US some South Beach bars and
will have those instead.

Having done LL, I have all the books and materials and will work through them myself (again). I am also looking into joining WW are some other weekly meeting... because once I am off CD I will need something to keep me accountable. I do want to regain -- I gained back over half of my LL losses.

MM

Mel ,SiZE 6!:eek:..that is SKINNY, no TINY..you must be petite.My goal is a Uk size 10..whch is a ways off. I have alwsy liked the chewy Cd bars but they do not give me enough of an emotional boost and they are small, so I don't bother,

I did not know LL gave the members books..just been to check and there is a complete pack of book for sale on ebay.. Having some workbook to work through I find is very useful especially since I really need to get to the bottom of my stuff. In the past I have done things to do with chop this and steam that and use portion control and mindful eating ..all which looked at food and eating directly as if that was the issue...that why I am doing The Geneen Roth workbook.

while in seattle I joined WW and there is a meeting near my gym which I'll look at today and if it works I'll just attend the talk part of the meeting..the weekly weighi n may or may not be an option but a steady 3lbs a week won't raise eyebrows ...

Although my original CDC says I can come to her to weigh and buy a few things I might like ,like water flavorings ( I have enough and I have cystal lite) or bars( I won't need them every week ) , I am just not sure cos I like my US formula and she lives in a very akward location..so I am hoping WW will be an option

Bella

I have tried lighterlife as well and to be honest not too impressed with the class i had.

The leader wasnt that good, she was about a size 20 as well which in all honesty didnt look good for a lighterlife class!!! The shakes werent as nice as the cambridge shakes, they are definately the best ones x x

S16, you know , I think it must be really difficult if a leader puts weight back on. But I think if a leader of any weight loss or weight product group or a CDC does put it back on and then takes its off they have probably gone deeper into their issues than they did the first tme round . I guess that might even make them much better at their job in the long run.

Anyhow how are you doing? what been happening.

Bella

Hey Bel --

I am only 5'4" (if I fluff my hair) and I have a small frame. I think a UK 8 is realistic and should be maintainable for me. But a UK 6 is doable and looks better.

I would love to do the "fish" pedicure thing. I think it would be interesting and effective. From what I have read the fish only eat the "dead" skin -- and that would be a lot more precise that someone (usually) me -- taking a razor to my feet.

MinnieMel

Last edited:
bellefrogette said:
Hi Vonny , what sort of part are you going to and is there going to be lots of food and drink ..ok what type of party would it be without lots of food and drink !

Bella

'Fraid so! not a shake or bar in sight, but a girls got to have fun sometime! It's only one day! Have lost 4lbs this week. Seems very little compared to last week but ateast I'm losing. Re the fish - it's not cruel to the fish - they love dead skin (yuk!!) apparently. If you do that, do tell us how you get on, it's supposed to be good!
Hope you're having a good week Vonny :) x

Back