The new Katkins

katkins77

Well hello there....

I have been here before but not for some time.:sigh: I have finally taken the bull by the horns and dragged my head out of the sand after quite a few months of eating myself senseless. :cry: I had a bit of a melt down last year, i've have had a few personal problems and have basically comfort eaten since then. Unfortunately, I tend to turn to food when things aren't too good in my life.:( Anyway, the result is 1 and 1/2 stones of the weight I lost I have put back on!!! I am gutted about it tbh but there's no point dwelling on it...the only thing to do is tackle it.

I rejoined my SW group last night and was horrified at what the scales said. :eek: I knew it would be bad, I could tell from my clothes that i've gained loads but have kind of being living in denial, avoiding scales at all costs hehe. :D So here I am at the start of the new year and the start of my weight loss journey. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself at the start but I would ideally like to lose 5 stones eventually. I will just concetrate on the first stone for now.:cool:

Well, off to update my stats now. Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Kat x

Hi Kat

It seems like you're really determined to make it work, which I admire you for. Looking forward to seeing how things work out for you x

Hi Emmy and thanks for your reply. I really am determined, it feels so good to be back in control of my eating at last.

Getting to the end of my first day back on plan and it's gone really well, I've logged everything that has passed my lips, measured out my milk and weighed out my cereal, i got a bit lazy last time and relied on guess work which is lethal for me he he, so i feel like ive really got off to a good start.
I MUST keep coming here, it is such a wealth of support, reading peoples diaries and the positivity really does help. I will try my best to update everyday, life does get a bit hectic and sometimes there aren't enough hours in the day but I think coming here will defo help keep me on track.

I've found everyone to be lovely and so supportive and I'm absolutely hooked

Even if you can't get online one day, do you have a notebook you could keep track of things in too?

Yes I do write everything down, I have to or I'd lose track of syns etc.....my memory isnt the best hehe. I will try to get online, even if it's just to read a few diaries to keep me motivated, there's some really inspiring stuff. Just found your diary on here too so will keep reading to see how you are getting on. Good luck hun
Kat x

Day 2 has gone well....my eating has been really good and I haven't even felt hungry today. Had a mammoth tea, Pork with jacket spud, beans and a load of salad, it was scrummy. Despite getting results at SW the last time, I still find it hard to understand how you can eat so much and still lose weight.

I can't tell you how much better I feel just because I feel back in control of what i'm eating. I hate the cycle of eating rubbish, feeling rubbish because i've eaten rubbish and eating more rubbish to comfort myself and so it goes on....phew there was a lot of rubbishes in there wasn't there lol.

Sorry to ramble on to anyone reading. I'm using this diary to get all my thoughts down so I can read it back if/when i'm having a bad day and remind myself how good I feel when i'm in control.

Hope everyone is feeling good today too
Kat x

You have done well.
It is good to keep a diary and write down everything that come to your mind. At least it is out of your system and you feel better for it.
I am inthe same boat as you and like to lose 4-5 stones and started my plan a couple of days before christmas. Also joined a few challanges to keep me on track.
Good luck and speak soon.

Hi and thanks for your post, how are you finding it so far? I'm very impressed at you having the willpower to start a few days before Xmas.
Kat x

Day 3 almost done. Today has gone well although I'm feeling quite peckish right now, may have an apple to keep me away from the cupboard.
Food for today,
Breakfast - 35g branflakes with milk from allowance and 2x clementines hea and heb
Lunch - sweet and sour mugshot and half a honeydew melon
Dinner - lean sirloin steak, jacket potato with 1tspn marg (2 syns), sweetcorn and salad.
Snack/desert - 1 WW caramel wafer bar (4 syns)
Lots of cups of tea using rest of milk from allowance
1x apple, coz I'm hungry.

Still feeling focused, bring on the weekend eeek!

First WI tonight, I've lost 3.5 lbs. I'm fairly pleased wit

Oooops, stupid phone! That last post should've said I'm fairly pleased with that, same again next week will do me fine lol....a bit ambitious I think. Seriously though, I feel really motivated to keep going, I had such a good week foodwise, I need to try to up my excercise this week as well as keeping a track on my food.
Kat x

:woohoo: well done on your loss

Ah thanks Emmy. Looks like you are doing fab with your weightloss, I love your ticker, i'm not technical enough to be able to create one of those (very impressed)

Kat x

Ah thanks Emmy. Looks like you are doing fab with your weightloss, I love your ticker, i'm not technical enough to be able to create one of those (very impressed)

Kat x

Thank you hun :D So far so good

Can't wait to see your result next week

Rubbish rubbish rubbish!!

2nd WI last night and I maintained. Better than a gain I suppose but I am really cross with myself. I have been full of a cold since the weekend and have been comfort eating a little and not moving much so its no more than I deserve really. I felt i needed stodge and although I stuck to my healthy meals , I did eat crumpets and white bread in the evenings when I was feeling sorry for myself.
Anyway, I'm drawing a line under that and am back on it today. I still don't feel 100% but am determined not to succumb to comfort eating again this week.

Steak, SW chips, peas, mushrooms and grilled tomatoes for tea mmmmmm.
Kat x

Woo hoo, first mini goal done. I lost 4.5lbs at WI last night and got my half stone award.

Thank you, to say I was thrilled is a massive understatement. x

Lost 2lb at WI last night, I'm pretty pleased with that considering I had steak and chips when we went out for my sons birthday last weekend. I ate the chips and didn't feel guilty, I enjoyed them and didn't even try to syn them and then got straight back on plan afterwards. My group leader always tries to drill this into us, if you want something, have it and DON'T feel guilty,then get right back on plan. I have to say, this is usually where I go wrong. I so easily fall into the trap of 'oh well, i've had chips so i've blown it so i'll have a desert aswell' and then biscuits or chocolate and then anything else I can get my hands on... before I know it, i'm totally off the rails and feel like a failure so the rest of the week pans out the same way, a disaster. I feel so proud that I had what I wanted and then got back on plan and even had a weight loss. Woo Hoo, am i finally getting to grips with staying in control??

Anyhow, i'm rambling on, here's to another good week to anyone who is reading.
Hugs Kat x

Back