The new me

Sounds like you're doing an excellent job, well done. Actually I take my hat off to people who do LL whilst cooking for their families. I think I'd really struggle with this :-/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Julz said:
You won't need to do this for 32 weeks you will disappear lol!
Glad you stuck to it, and yes I find the group work really helps, you need to go through the workbooks too and deal with stuff, stuff just gets in the way sometimes. As far as cooking chips etc for the family, start changing what you serve up for them, then they won't have a weight issue, and when you are at target it will be so much easier for them, several if the girls in the group 'migrated ' their families onto healthier meals without too much fuss, just subtle changes that hopefully will stay with them for life.
Keep going, ketosis should kick in by tomorrow and your willpower and energy will fly!
Jx

There healthy chips.. Actifry ... We cook healthy it's just I eat to much and eat out to otten lol lol.. I was a weight watchers leader I resigned last year.. Plus I was a member for over 10 years.. I maintained my goal weight well.. Then something inside me changed when my partner and I split last year.. I met someone else and everything that was normal was no longer!! My weight was creeping up and up.. I left WW because I Gould no longer tell my members how to eat when I clearly wasn't following it. So I resigned and boy did I gain weight.. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I know exactly how to shop,cook,& eat healthy I just chose not too..,,, !, I generally make the decisions over the food we eat ..my relationship with food is not good..it's took hold and control of me .. It needs to b the other way round! My head needed a break from food thoughts and decision making that's why I have done LL plus for 18 months iv been trying to loose it and never could..I would loose motivation and not weight! God why am I saying all this .....SORRY!!

Emotionally today has been hard, felt so tired and flat ..

Thanks for posting and sorry again for spilling my guts out lol lol
Hope your ok
Take care
Angie xx

flyingunicorn said:
Sounds like you're doing an excellent job, well done. Actually I take my hat off to people who do LL whilst cooking for their families. I think I'd really struggle with this :-/

Thank you that's made me feel so much better xxx

Day 4 done ,, felt crap today .. Hungry , flat and so tired and down. Anyway I'm still 100% which is great for me.. I'm the worlds worst pincher of other people's food, mainly my son and OH ..

Nearly weigh day .. Sat drop in.. As though iv lost an ounce however I'll be positive and hope for 2lbs

hey sweet sending you hugs, fingers crossed you will have a huge loss this week, putting your feelings down, having a rant etc is good for you,use this space to the fullest, this may well help you to keep on track,you will be a skinny minny in no time, keep at it youre doing great xxxx

Hi Angie,
That's what diaries are for, to 'spill your guts' and vent and get thoughts written down. Sometimes by writing it down it helps to sort out those thoughts. When you start going through the modules you'll see that every one of them has space to write things down cause it really helps progress. Good for you for addressing the gain in weight. Hoping this will get the food relationship back to where you can apply your knowledge from WW when you are at goal and maintaining again.

The first week can be tough. Until you get into ketosis your mind may go into overdrive. (Not saying it never will once you get into ketosis but you may find it easier to deal with!) hang in there. You're doing great!

Hi guys sorry for not posting yest... I went for my mid week weigh in yest and lost 4lb i was a little disappointed.

So yest was so difficult for me... My routine was well out the window and my packs were eaten far to long apart .. Water was hardly in existence ... But i did stay in costa and have a black coffee and watched everyone have cake and hot choc!, so I was pleased with my self.. We walked round a Market and i stayed away from the bacon sandwiches and itallian bread stall.... We then decorated my sons room which had not been planned as we ended up buying new beds and furniture so thought ooh better paint his room... Major trigger...Sat night would of been wine and take away.. Especially as it was so late after finishing my sons room, I craved like mad, cos in was excited about dans room looking really good, and it's sat night... I did have a bite or two of his jellys.. Sorry !!!! and pickled garlic.. ,!,!! I cooked tea for them and had my packs.. On the upside I made a hot vanilla shake with coffee..that was gorg.

I no I picked at jellys x 2 and pickled garlic I'm mad at myself.

Iv done it today aswell mushroom from the bologanaise only a little bite and a bite of cake so small just enough to taste.. Why am I cheating??? On the upside iv had lots of water, and made a hot choc with my pack..iv not had my 4th pack as i am conscious of the extra calories..

Ooh help me to stay strong please??? I want this so much , i really hope someone is reading this.. I am scared of slipping off the rails and giving up.
And I don't think I'm gonna loose much weight if any on Tues which is the 1st full week weigh in.

Sorry for rabbiting on

Hope your all ok and not finding the weekend to hard

Xxxx

Hi Angie,
Stick with it. You know you can. Ask yourself why you are tasting the foods, is it habit? is it instant gratification? Do you really need to taste them? You are doing really well cause I had to totally stay away from food on my first weeks. I didn't open the fridge, I didn't open a cupboard with anyfood other than my packs.
Keep going even if you were a bit disappointed with the WI. You never know how your body will react to LLT. You may lose way more by the next WI or it may be a bigger loss next week. Keep focus that you have lost those pounds and that they are gone, done...keep with the plan and more pounds will go the same way, off your body and you will be in your beautiful wedding dress in the spring.

eatlikeabird said:
Hi Angie,
Stick with it. You know you can. Ask yourself why you are tasting the foods, is it habit? is it instant gratification? Do you really need to taste them? You are doing really well cause I had to totally stay away from food on my first weeks. I didn't open the fridge, I didn't open a cupboard with anyfood other than my packs.
Keep going even if you were a bit disappointed with the WI. You never know how your body will react to LLT. You may lose way more by the next WI or it may be a bigger loss next week. Keep focus that you have lost those pounds and that they are gone, done...keep with the plan and more pounds will go the same way, off your body and you will be in your beautiful wedding dress in the spring.

Wow iv just read your posts your one hell of a good person to give advise. Your ace you should go into this counselling work yourself you'd be a great councillor..

I feel better after reading Gemmas diary .. I no exactly how she feels battling with what has been and what is.

Your right I can do this and to find my positive I did fab compared to WW on a weekend xx think I'll feel better after Tues .. Hope so xx

How are you doing?? Xxx

Thanks Angie, glad if I can be of help. Just paying forward some of the advise from wise ladies on here like SB and BL and others.

Hiya we all struggle at different times during this journey, the group work will really help.
Please be kind to yourself and stop beating yourself up. Ketosis should be with you now, it's important you have all 4 packs per day fir the vitamins and minerals essential to your body for health and energy.
Today is a fresh day, water water water, spread packs, I do mine at 7, 12, 4 and 8 and pretty much stick to that. It's all about you, put yourself first and this will work. Set a small goal and non food treat, 4 lbs off is a great start, same as mine!! Others in the group were on 8 or 9 first week and I felt disappointed, but get over it, in 3 more weeks you will have lost a stone, a whole stone!!!!
Good luck and lots of hot baths with bubbles too!
Jx

Julz said:
Hiya we all struggle at different times during this journey, the group work will really help.
Please be kind to yourself and stop beating yourself up. Ketosis should be with you now, it's important you have all 4 packs per day fir the vitamins and minerals essential to your body for health and energy.
Today is a fresh day, water water water, spread packs, I do mine at 7, 12, 4 and 8 and pretty much stick to that. It's all about you, put yourself first and this will work. Set a small goal and non food treat, 4 lbs off is a great start, same as mine!! Others in the group were on 8 or 9 first week and I felt disappointed, but get over it, in 3 more weeks you will have lost a stone, a whole stone!!!!
Good luck and lots of hot baths with bubbles too!
Jx

Hi julz thanks for your reply, yes I think bath and bubbles will be good!! I usually do spread my packs out 10-10.30 2-3 6-7 9-10 and 6pints of water which I believe is 3 litres that's enough for me and I'm steadily drinking that through the day! Ketosis it's on it's way but I never no when best to do a test?? Before pack after a pack in the morning or afternoon, evening???

I'm glad I'm not on my own with my 4lb loss i guess it counts more Tues on my weekly weigh in it was only a mid week weigh in so maybe it will be that little bit more tomorrow ! I can't wait for a stone.

Thanks julz xxxxxx

End of day 8 and weigh in Tom night .. Glad to say that iv managed 100% abstinence today as sat and sun I had a small mushroom and a tiny tiny taste of mini cake.. Nervous about Tom but I no that I have done my best and can't possibly do anymore. So yes I'm going to say I'm proud of me! ( whoop whoo get me being nice to myself) well hope I have a weight loss Tom, On the down Side lots of food thoughts today and feelings of loss.. Just no I need the weight losses to help ease my grief for lack of food.

So yes I'm going to hang on in there... On the upside.. Iv started to get compliments x4 today, they were from my mother inlaw to be and x2 sister inlaws and the OH.. I can't tell yet.

My LL councillor has been a bit of a worry today.. She txt to say she can't find my registration form from back in April... I was worried cos my membership no is diff.. All down to trying to acess the members area on LL site. No one registered me back in April so now don't no if i will be allowed anymore packs!, find out more tom

Hope your all well.

Xx

Last edited:
flyingunicorn said:
Well done for sticking with it.... How did your WI go??

Thanks Darlin... I stayed the same so only 4 lbs off in my 1st week.. Hey ho I'm hanging on in there!! Xx how you doing?

Still having probs with my paper work !! LLC keeps ringing me and dropping bombshells.. May have to have medical redone

Nothing ever goes easy does it...

Had my 1st group tonight that was ace.. People lovely.. We did recognition so gonna do 5 mins of home work before sleep...

This week I'm gonna drink 1 litre extra than this week .. Aiming for 4 litres a day!! Doing 3 at the mo.

Hoping to try and be more active I'm mega lazy!!

Xxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

End of day 9 and been weighed stayed the same from sat so only 4pm loss

Hope to drink more water, enjoyed my first group and module ..recognition

Off to do homework from the book now I think this is gonna be just as important as staying off food.... LLC tonight said time to start thinking of me more and not food... I'm always thinking of food.. So gonna do my module work

Nite nite hope everyone is well. Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well done on your 4lb weight loss :) the cbt excercises I've always found useful for challenging foodie thoughts. Try to stop picking and tasting though if you can (I know easier said than done) because it's probably interfering with Ketosis and you might actually be taking in more calories than you realise!! Once you get into the mind set I've always found that 100% is easier psychologically. :))

Back