The not so mysterious life of a 20 something girl living at home..

I bought new bras to some time ago. I have messed around on SW for some years now but would not leave because I needed the support. I was going up and down like a yoyo but am doing better now.

Secret eating was one of my things. Nobody at home to hide it from but could hide it from minis and the girls at club. It is soul destroying when you see the evidence of what you have done.

I see you said you have started a diary on here, what have you called it?

Put everything on it, we are all in the same boat some deeper than others. We do know what you are going through.

I would like that post Doreen but I cant like things on the app.
Thankyou so much it means a lot to know that I'm not alone in my struggles and others understand,

Weigh in tonight I gained .5 that I can live with but time for some serious losing to start taking place.. I've got 3 weigh ins till Easter and 8lbs to lose so aiming for 3lbs a week as I really want it get back on track, Mini. Goal - Reclaim my 1stone for Easter.

I've got a separate food diary on here in the food diary section called Bircheys food diary, I know very original huh, and this has recommended for this week, going to be really strict with filling it in with the hope that it will be abit of an encouragement to write in my food diary about good days and because I don't want to have to post about bad days that's more encouragement,

So Last Night after SW I cooked a SW friendly Chicken and Vegetables, The veggies were frozen and ready to go but still consider it cooking of vegetables, I like an easy life when it comes to cooking, chopping veggies etc is reserved for special occasions or the rare occasion when I become all Delia in the Kitchen..

And today I've RESISTED Chip Shop Chips that the rest of the household were having in favor of what I shall call Unidentified Soup, Did have a little rant about the need for food to be labelled, Dad couldn't identify it either and he made it, All I know about the soup was that it was probably some sort of vegetable and it was syn free..

My Food diary page is going to look good this week and I'm going to have a cracking weight-loss to really get myself back on track again. that will be awesome..

Thankyou Holidays I feel in control this week although yesterday I made some slightly different choices to what I had preplanned and got a bit carried away on the picnic food items!! I'm in minus syns now for the week but feel in control as i'm still counting, I may have overestimated some values but i'd rather do that than under so damage may not be as bad as I think - Aiming for -150syns Max this week, -syns due to picnic items mainly otherwise it would be alot lower but feel good i've reassessed and found a number thats doable.. Damage Limitation More this week than losing..
SideNote: 2 Meals Out this week where I like to treat myself.

Welcome Kelsey, MiniMins is lovely and friendly so any help you need just ask, I'm sure your do fab, Slimming World is really helping me gain back some control. x

Last edited:
2LBs On for me this week - Expected.
Next week I'm going to lose though - I've only lost 4lbs in total now with my gains the past few weeks so not feeling amazing about that however I am still NOT where I started and i've still lost some weight. I really don't want to get back to where I started or even worse gain more weight.
:)

I'm kind of in a catch 22 situation at the moment, Struggling with my depression which in turn makes me struggle with diet and exercise but when I have a good balance of diet and exercise my depression is easier to live with..

So that's why I'm dedicated this week to the plan.. Nothing can put me off losing weight this week, I'm going to eat right and feel better in myself, still awaiting health clearance before I can start work and financial implications of this are not really helping me feel any better.

Anyway my favourite meal at the moment is the simple Pasta and Meatballs, I use the Quorn ones as they are lush, I also like the SW ones but I don't go to Iceland often.. I think it's an ok meal on plan as I use onion and passata with it so it's got it's 1/3rd Speed food. Had last night for dinner and today for lunch, It's so simple and reheats easily.

Meatballs for breakfast today as I was eating out at lunchtime and didn't want to be ravenous - So much better than a bowl of cereal and more filling..

Had a nice day out but I got tired really easily and as a result have only just woken up and had my dinner - Proud of myself for ordering jacket and beans while out despite the menu being full of much scrummier options, don't get me wrong I like jacket and beans just i'd usually go for something a bit special when out.

Day 2 on Track - Challenging myself to a week on track.

My lifesaver at the moment is diet coke - really can't get though enough of it, have empty bottles all over my bedroom (they havn't quite made it down and into the recycling yet), I

I've just had a massive breakfast/lunch - 2 slices of wholemeal bread, packet of turkey rashers and a tin of baked beans.. Feeling rather full now, probably very out on portion size, 1/2 of that should have been enough but i'm greedy. Hoping it doesn't affect my weight loss too much this week - finding it amazing how much you can eat but struggling with the 1/3rd speed.

Got to motivate myself to do Aqua-fit tonight.

So I made it to Aqua-fit, Really achy now after it though hoping that's just because I worked hard rather than having caused myself any damage.

I feel like i'm on a roll with this SW diet thingy. Day 3 and it has been a good food day, No syns used today but I can use them for my HappyMeal on Thursday, Fancying McDs!

Temptation is not going to beat me - I'm going to go swimming and NOT go to the shops on the way there or back for chocolate, cake, crisps. I want to lose weight, i'll be happier with weight loss than a quick-fix treat.

Had another day on plan today however this evening I'm in Bingey mode so I've had an omlette with ham,peas, potato and onion and cheese as my HEA - big portion, big meal but better than hungrily eating rubbish..

i'm actually quite looking forward to the scales on Thursday as long as I keep on track.

I didn't get beaten by the shops yesterday, I did however today as I went to Tesco to pick up a prescription and there was a wait so I shopped for a bit, Gave into Recesses Peanut butter cups opps thats 48Syns down the drain!

Yesterday and Today havn't been amazing on plan days, Yesterday I used 152.5syns and today 137 - So just slightly off track - I would have been better off eating cake.
I know it's a bit naughty but im hoping that the calories equal out a little over the week and it doesn't result in yet another gain - if I gain this week I would have gained EVERY week in March!

But Back on the wagon again.. I keep slipping off but it's the getting back on that counts right.

Yippee I lost 1lb this week not 100% sure I deserved it though! but think the exercise balanced out the eating or else it's waiting to go back on next week. So this week I'm going to do everything in my power to prevent it from going back on. Good week ahead..

i find going anywhere when hungry or peckish can be dangerous. if i know i've got to go anywhere i will try to make sure i fill up on free stuff first, especially as i have my own personal saboteur, the OH, who can eat w/e he likes and as much as he wants and never put weight on <no justice> and whenever we go anywhere he always feels the need to pick some crap or other up to eat or drink then ask me if i want any..... so tempting sometimes, but i set myself a promise if i say no if im good ill let myself have a treat later syns depending. then when later comes and i have that treat it feels so much more satisfying as i've earned it .

Hello and thankyou!

Had a really good 3days on plan, I'm waddling into my danger zone now of having already had some good days but determined not to trip up.

You can do it stay strong. you are about half way through your week half way there to weigh day. try, if you can to plan ahead think about what you will be doing over the next 2 days try and plan your food out for w/e you day may be. even think about if you think you might want a treat, how you can make it healthier and less syns or pick a low syn snack in advance and set yourself a mini goal to "earn it" i find this helps me and sometimes by the time i have earned it i don't want it anymore because i know that i can actually have it now and the appeal has worn off.

Fingers crossed for you chick and good luck. x

So I've got though Monday not on plan but much better than previous weeks and it really is only going to be today..
I did have a carrot cake (that's speed food isn't it?!) and white bread today (shall we just call that the b choice?!) but I'm feeling proud that I only choose myself one treat yes it was a large cake but usually I'd have that a couple of packets of biscuits some crisps...

Back