the one milk

chunky-monkey77

i seriously swear i am up 2 no good !
can this be taken as the same value as skimmed milk?

i think so on ww it had the points of skimmed and the taste of semi . am maybe going to have milk on cereal instead of youghurt as am going through far 2 many muller lights

It's not listed on the SW website, it doesn't recognise that brand. I'd go by the fat value, if it's 1% then it's skimmed.

thanks jaylou and starlight i dont know what i would do without you and this website am totally addicted night night xxx

no its under robert wiseman and its listed in the healthy extras as the same values as semi skimmed not skimmed so can only have 250 ml for a hea not 350 ml

If you are talking about this...,

homemilk.png

...then when I was at group I asked my consultant and she said it can be counted as Skimmed, as it has a low fat content. Mind you this was about 2 years ago...

That's the one (sorry no pun intended!) but as said previously you can only have 250ml as with semi-skimmed milk.

Skimmed milk has between 0.1% and 0.3% fat content while this obvisouly has 1%.

Interestng piece of info:
1% fat milk - The EU regulations for milk classification previously divided milk into three categories defined by the fat content; whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed. Prior to 2008, any milk that contained a different fat content was defined as a ‘milk drink’. On the 1st of January 2008 new regulations came into force to facilitate consumer choice. Now any milk with a fat content other than those laid out can also be considered as ‘milk’, provided that its fat content is clearly indicated on the packaging in the form of ‘….% fat’. However, these milks cannot be described as whole, semi-skimmed or skimmed. Following this change in regulation 1% fat milk is now offered to consumers who like the taste of semi-skimmed, but want to enjoy milk with a lower fat content.

Sainsburys also do their own 1% fat milk with an orangey-red label and lid. I picked it up by mistake, thinking it was skimmed!

Back