The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

My plan for today...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast
- WW Wholemeal Pitta (HExB) stuffed with Bacon, Mushrooms (S) and Cheese (HExA)
- WW Raspberry Tart Yogurt

Lunch:
-

Dinner (Indian Takeaway):
- 350g Chicken Jalfrezi (8.5 Syns) with Boiled Rice and Salad (Lettuce (S), Onion (S), Cucumber (S) and Tomato (S))

Other:
-
4 x Rich Tea Fingers (4 Syns)

Healthy A:[/B] 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy B: Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta

Daily Syns: 12.5
Weekly Syns: 49 / 105

Last edited:
Hope you enjoyed/enjoy your takeaway! It's fab that you can still have a takeaway and lose weight isn't it, good old sw

So I come back and you disappear! Should I take it personally ?! :p hope alls ok xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Feeling very embarrassed at the moment, that's why I've disappeared. What started off as a fantastic week all turned upside down on Sunday afternoon - lots of things going on at home as mentioned before - and I turned to high Syn foods for comfort. This went on from Sunday - Tuesday night, and as you can probably all guess it resulted in yet another gain at WI, 2lb on. Feeling very ashamed of myself and sick of sounding like a broken record on here so just decided to stay away really. Pleased to say I had a good day back on plan yesterday but it's only early days, and as I keep on proving - one good week can quite quickly and easily turn very bad. So yeah, that's why I haven't been on basically :confused::(:eek:

You can do it Stevie! I gained 6 over the last two weeks stupid birthday and festivals. Just remember the stressful things going on won't always be there and thats when you can kick arse!

The main thing is you DO come back, you DO care and who cares if you sound like a 'broken record' - we all have good and bad weeks hun.
Lots of love and hugs xxx

Thank you both. Just find it really embarrassing, and if I'm totally honest I sometimes find it hard seeing other people having all of these great losses whilst I'm not. I know that sounds awful and mean and selfish, but sometimes when you really want something and everyone else around you seems to have it, it can make you feel quite jealous and just altogether miserable. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased to see all of my friends on here doing well - I just wish I could get back into the right frame of mind as I know that I can do it too!! I want this more than anything, so I need to learn to stop self-sabotaging when things don't go to plan. Just need to take baby steps I think and "start over".

aww bless you babe - i know what you mean, you must be competetitive like me :) I always compare myself to others and i shouldnt - its my journey after all! If it makes you feel ANY better, i had a gain of 2.5lbs this week! oops.

So it has made me think 'stop' again and i am being all good and focused! hope it lasts a while :) i have weeks where i can be an angel and then the next minute order a pizza whilst scoffing a donut and cooking a cake/drinking wine! (bit OTT but you get what i am saying!) xxx

Thank you both. Just find it really embarrassing, and if I'm totally honest I sometimes find it hard seeing other people having all of these great losses whilst I'm not. I know that sounds awful and mean and selfish, but sometimes when you really want something and everyone else around you seems to have it, it can make you feel quite jealous and just altogether miserable. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased to see all of my friends on here doing well - I just wish I could get back into the right frame of mind as I know that I can do it too!! I want this more than anything, so I need to learn to stop self-sabotaging when things don't go to plan. Just need to take baby steps I think and "start over".

I know what you mean. It was our Woman of the year buffet last night but I couldn't face it, it was too demoralising and I didn't want to put a downer on the fun.

I am feeling a lot more positive this week, I must admit. Just needed to keep away Sunday-Tuesday as I was just a big ball of frustration and wouldn't have been very good conversation or support. I felt better staying to group on Tuesday night - the two weeks previous I either hadn't gone or had just weighed and left, as I had plans. My C was away both weeks too, and now that she's back and I've been and gone back to group properly I feel refreshed and positive again.

Yesterday I got back on plan 100%. I've set myself a few little challenges to keep me going this week. The first is to go back to basics, and I'm hoping to do mostly Extra Easy days this week. As much as I love Red & Green days, I think they may be my downfall. I am greedy, and sometimes I feel I am just having my second lot of HEx's just because I can, not because I am hungry. I also tend to have a bit of a carb overload on Green days, so hoping that sticking to lots of EE days I can focus more on SuperFree foods which will spur on my weight loss. As I've done a LOT of emotional eating lately, that's another thing I'm hoping to eventually get out of the habbit of. When things get tough this week I've told myself I'll distract myself with a non-food treat, rather than reaching for high Syn foods for comfort. Things like a nice bubble bath, painting my nails, treating myself to a new magazine, etc. are all ideas. I'm also aiming to stick to 5 Syns per day on weekdays, and then I'll allow myself 15 on a weekend as I know that's when I like to use more. I will also admit that I have gotten back into the habbit of using weigh night as a cheat night and I realise it's not some kind of black hole. I'm hoping that by sticking to 5 Syns per weekday and 15 on a weekend, I'll still have plenty left for a nice treat on a Tuesday night. In fact, I've already got a chicken jalfrezi (8.5 Syns) with boiled rice and salad planned for my post-WI treat next week. So with all these challenges in place, lets just hope I can stick to them.

This was my food yesterday:

Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Tesco Moroccan Chicken Couscous Salad (5 Syns)
- Banana

Dinner:
- Quorn and Vegetable Pasta Bake (Quorn Pieces (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Cherry Tomatoes (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Tomato Puree (S) and FF Greek Yogurt) topped with Cheese (HExA)

Other:
-
Berry Bakewell HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A: 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 5 / 105

And this is my food for today...

Extra Easy

Breakfast
- Apple (S), Strawberries (SS), Blueberries and Grapes

Lunch:
- Homemade Roasted Red Pepper Hummus (Chickpeas, Peppers (S), FF Greek Yogurt and Garlic Granules) with Carrot (S), Celery (S), Cucumber (S) and Pepper (S) Dippers
- Cadbury Freddo (5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Quorn Chilli (Quorn Mince (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Heinz 5 Beans (SS), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Chilli Powder) topped with Cheese (HExA)

Other:
-
Peanut Heaven HiFi (HExB)

Healthy A: 40g Low Low Grated
Healthy B: 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 10 / 105

Last edited:
Excellent plan! Love the idea of non food rewards too! I tend to be like oh this happened, you deserve those 5,000 syns! Glad you came back, I really enjoy your posts xx

Thank you hun! I have always been a massive emotional eater, so it will be tough switching from food to something non-food related, but I'm determined to do it. So far so good, and haven't needed to do anything yet. So lets hope the rest of the week is as good xx

Hi Stevie! Just popping in to subscribe to the new diary!

Your recent experiences and attitude are so familiar! I've been AWOL for a bit and have stopped going to group. There have been plenty of distractions and I'd just got myself in a ridiculous broken record cycle where I'd be good for half the week/day and then throw myself off track! It's taken a few months off-plan (including a month of living in horrible catered accommodation for work) and an overall gain of over a stone for me to kick myself back into action. It's not who I want to be. I think I'd got a bit complacent with my SW food and I wasn't really trying any more.

I'm so glad to see you're back on it and ploughing on! You are such an inspiration and I KNOW you are going to see target!!

Hi Stevie! Just popping in to subscribe to the new diary!

Your recent experiences and attitude are so familiar! I've been AWOL for a bit and have stopped going to group. There have been plenty of distractions and I'd just got myself in a ridiculous broken record cycle where I'd be good for half the week/day and then throw myself off track! It's taken a few months off-plan (including a month of living in horrible catered accommodation for work) and an overall gain of over a stone for me to kick myself back into action. It's not who I want to be. I think I'd got a bit complacent with my SW food and I wasn't really trying any more.

I'm so glad to see you're back on it and ploughing on! You are such an inspiration and I KNOW you are going to see target!!

Hello lovely, have missed you!!

Thank you so much. It's nice to know someone understands and has been through a similar thing - it makes me realise I'm not alone on this journey and I'm just human like everyone else.

I know what you mean about becoming complacent. I definitely had. I was eating the same things over and over again, and I was taking advantage of Red & Green days. That's why I've decided to go totally back to basics and even back to EE for the most part. I'm only on my second day this week and already I've made two old favourites which I hadnt had for ages - pasta bake which I had last night, and homemade hummus which is for lunch today. You forget about all of these things.

I forgot to mention earlier in my diary that I'm also completing a SAS log all week. I know I've been self sabotaging myself, and by filling this in and writing down everything that passes my lips as it passes them, really makes me see what I am eating. Don't know if it's your kind of thing, but it's really helping me. I just downloaded them from the SW site.

Lets have a really good week this week, both of us. Thanks so much for your support xx

Thanks! I'm using a calorie and fat logger at the moment to keep an eye on things. I too was doing red and green and eating my extra Hexs even if I wasn't really hungry, plus I was probably on pasta overload...

I'm also back in the gym on alternate days plus two Spinning classes a week. I have 48 days until my holiday and I am determined to wear swimwear and feel good about it! I've got a fairly clear couple of months to really make some headway and get this gain off.

We're going to have an awesome week, and you're going to be positively glowing at group on Tuesday! :D

Hi :) I'm Laura, I'm new to the site and I'm starting slimming world on Saturday (however I know a lot about SW as my mum has lost 6 stone)

Can I just I've been looking at your diary and pics and you're such an inspiration! How long has it took you to lose the weight? I want to lose about three stone!

I've seen you've had a hiccup recently...everybody is bound to do it so don't be disheartened or embarrassed! Just look how well you've done! Surely you're allowed a few days off?!

xoxo

Back