The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

*Slinking back in with my tail between my legs* :wave_cry: Well I have had a terrible two weeks with only 2 full days on plan the whole time, Last week I was dreaful, and then of course missed group. I attempted to get back on it this week and was doing well until Friday afternoon - and the rest is history!! Faced group last night and was greeted with a mammoth (but not unexpected!) 10lb gain :break_diet: I feel physically sick just typing that. It is vile. 10lb on in just two weeks - and it will take me a lot longer to get back off!! What have I done to myself. And this close to Christmas too. Oh dear Stevie. I am now back up to 12st 2.5lb, all the way from 11st 6.5lb. I was only 3lb off my 3.5st award, and now I don't even have my 3st award! As easy as that. So I am back. No more moping around. It is the kick up the backside I have needed. I have really struggled in the last couple of weeks, with a number of things. Mostly I have just become lazy and complacent. I haven't been planning things - for example, I used to always take HiFi's and things round to Warrens when I stop there on a weekend, but the last two weeks I have made no attempt at all. Then we have ended up having chocolate / sweets for breakfast and takeouts for dinner. With lots more rubbish in between. I am also finding it quite hard being young and in a relationship and feeling as though I am not "normal". Why do I have to watch every single thing I eat / drink. Why can't I just enjoy myself like normal people do. Instead of having to say "no, I can't have that", "I better not have any more of that", etc. etc. etc. I am really battling with myself at the moment but with only 4 more WI's until Christmas I am determined to get this 10lb back off and get back down to my lowest of 11st 6.5lb. I have been and bought a gorgeous outfit for Christmas day and I don't want to feel like a big fat mess in that. I want to feel good. There was a time I could have been at target for Christmas if I just stuck to it instead of messing around :sigh: But hey ho, it is what it is. Back at it!! (S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed Green Breakfast: - Banana - Pomegranate Lunch: - Not sure yet, will update later. Dinner: - Roasted Pepper stuffed with Quorn Chilli (Quorn Mince (S), Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Red Onion (S), Heinz 5 Beans (S/SS), Chopped Tomatoes (S), Crushed Chillies (S), Garlic and Chilli Powder) and topped with Cheese (HExA) Other: - 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB) - Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB) Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi Daily Syns: 0 Weekly Syns: 0 / 105[/QUOTE
It happens to us all I put on so easily! And if I stay at my bfs he never had good food so that's when I go off track it is so hard! You will get back on track hunny

It happens to us all I put on so easily! And if I stay at my bfs he never had good food so that's when I go off track it is so hard! You will get back on track hunny

Thanks hun, I'm hoping so. Just had my banana for breakfast so that's a start! x

I feel for you.

I know exactly what you mean about 'normal' people, but the fact is there are very few people like that which is why we have a growing obesity problem in this country and in many other parts of the world. Perhaps we who struggle with our weight are actually the 'normal' people and those who don't are the abnormal ones? If you could persuade yourself of that then perhaps you would be less resentful of the restrictions you have to live with.

As has already been said, you used to organised with taking Hi-Fi bars with you and I understand that you can't walk into Warren's place and start cooking. Could he come to your place more often and you could wow him with your cooking? You might feel more in control in your own home. In the long-term you would also be doing Warren a favour by showing him that a good time can be had without takeaways and lots of sweeties or booze.

A lot of your current weight gain will be carb bloat and you'll lose some of that quickly with a few red days, especially if you save your Hi-Fi bars and as many Syns as possible for the evening to help fight temptation. I find carbs addictive and once I start having them in any quantity, I find it very difficult to stop - particularly if they're processed carbs with added fat and/or sugar ie sweets, biscuits, crisps!

Whatever else you do, don't fall into the habit of matching Warren drink for drink or plate for plate etc. He is a young man who, I think, plays sport and we all know that men's bodies work differently from women's. I did that and it shows and how that my OH is older the overeating he did (and still does) show on him too.

Good luck Princess. You give so much help and inspiration to other people that I really hope you can do the same for yourself. You can, and will, turn this round and I suspect you already feel better about yourself having gained control and got back on plan again.

I agree with everything Patty says... responsibly making decisions about everything you put in your mouth should be normal and unfortunately it's not.

There are very few females who can eat what they like and have no weight gain... simple rule of calories in and calories out! If you eat lots of rubbish, you will pay for it. Maybe not in weight all the time if you're active etc, but definitely in health.

Not a single one of my female friends is able to eat what they like so I wouldn't say it's normal. I think it's about seeing patterns emerging and trying to counteract them... which you're doing! Taking snacks with you to Warren's if that's a danger zone etc.

I think you should take Warren up on his offer of him not eating all that in front of you. Not because you want to "change" him or anything like that but because it's a danger zone to you and he's supportive of your weight loss AND because it's better for him!! It will be very difficult for you to maintain a steady, healthy weight in future with him if that's how he eats around you all the time. You don't even have to be pushy about it at all, just make some small changes like making your own pizzas (fun and healthy) rather than the Asda counter ones.

It's good to have you back Stevie - I have every confidence you'll have that weight off in no time!! Keep logging in on your phone and we'll help keep you on track :) xxxx

I feel for you.

I know exactly what you mean about 'normal' people, but the fact is there are very few people like that which is why we have a growing obesity problem in this country and in many other parts of the world. Perhaps we who struggle with our weight are actually the 'normal' people and those who don't are the abnormal ones? If you could persuade yourself of that then perhaps you would be less resentful of the restrictions you have to live with.

As has already been said, you used to organised with taking Hi-Fi bars with you and I understand that you can't walk into Warren's place and start cooking. Could he come to your place more often and you could wow him with your cooking? You might feel more in control in your own home. In the long-term you would also be doing Warren a favour by showing him that a good time can be had without takeaways and lots of sweeties or booze.

A lot of your current weight gain will be carb bloat and you'll lose some of that quickly with a few red days, especially if you save your Hi-Fi bars and as many Syns as possible for the evening to help fight temptation. I find carbs addictive and once I start having them in any quantity, I find it very difficult to stop - particularly if they're processed carbs with added fat and/or sugar ie sweets, biscuits, crisps!

Whatever else you do, don't fall into the habit of matching Warren drink for drink or plate for plate etc. He is a young man who, I think, plays sport and we all know that men's bodies work differently from women's. I did that and it shows and how that my OH is older the overeating he did (and still does) show on him too.

Good luck Princess. You give so much help and inspiration to other people that I really hope you can do the same for yourself. You can, and will, turn this round and I suspect you already feel better about yourself having gained control and got back on plan again.

Wow!! Thank you so much for that. You have totally hit the nail on the head with so many things there.

I know deep down that I am more "normal" than I think. I know I'm not the only person out there who has to watch every single thing they eat / drink, but sometimes it can feel like that. What I need to remember is that Warren does sport every single day and that's why he can get away with eating the things he does. Unless I start following his regime too (pfft, who am I kidding) then there's just no way I can do the same. And that's just something I have to accept.

The thing is, it's only been the last couple of weeks I've struggled with this. I've been with Warren almost 3 months now and have always done just fine. We've had nights where we've maybe had wine or a takeaway or chocolate. But the big difference then was I actually counted my Syns and stuck to plan, rather than it just being an excuse to stuff my face. I enjoyed what I had then because it felt like more of a treat. I can't say I have particularly enjoyed what I've had the last two weeks. I've just stuffed my face for the sake of it. That's something I am trying to remember and focus on this week, because the other weeks when I've been on plan I've loved it!

I tend to stop at Warrens Friday and Saturday nights. My parents are quite traditional and don't like to have OH's stopping over - plus I only have a single bed so it would be a bit of a nightmare :giggle: So really, my only option is to take things with me and be prepared. Usually a couple of HiFi bars do the trick. I have those for my breakfast and then I normally come home around lunchtime / mid afternoon for a bath and a change of clothes, so I have time to make myself something then before I go back again. Usually it is my Quorn meatballs and pasta or something similar. To be honest I have just been lazy the last two weeks and have not even attempted to make any effort. There is no chance of cooking for Warren - he only eats things which are fried, full of fat or made from chocolate lol!! Think he is scared of fruit and veg. :giggle: Although when I told him about the BabyBel burgers I had made for my brother he commented on how nice they sounded, so maybe one night I could make us them. That would be an option at least.

Starting out my week with a Green day today, but then I do have a few Red days planned to try and undo some of this bloat. I think I've planned 2 Green days, 2 Extra Easy days and 3 Red days. Hopefully mixing things up a bit will help too!

Thank you again so much for your fantastic support. It is appreciated so very much xx

I can completely understand how hard it is when in a relationship. When James and I started dating I was a bit overweight but by this time last year I was classed as a lot more than just overweight (despite how ridiculous I think obesity lables are). Yet it wasn't until Feb this year where I realised I had lost my confidence. Unfortunately James had also put weight on too and although we will always love each other I think we were finding eachother increasingly unnattractive :(. BUT we got on it together, and it is now easier after being together a few years. So resisting temptation will get easier, and you are already losing weight so you will manage to be even more stunning and lose even more weight.

Now Warren is fortunate, and I am glad he is, that he obviously can eat what he likes. But I reckon that he is in the minority. So he sounds like a lovely bloke how he still understands what you are going through :).

So like you say, draw a line and get on it. Christmas countdown now and if you resist temptation for the next few weeks you can thoroughly enjoy the christmas break.

We all believe in you :)

xxxx

I agree with everything Patty says... responsibly making decisions about everything you put in your mouth should be normal and unfortunately it's not.

There are very few females who can eat what they like and have no weight gain... simple rule of calories in and calories out! If you eat lots of rubbish, you will pay for it. Maybe not in weight all the time if you're active etc, but definitely in health.

Not a single one of my female friends is able to eat what they like so I wouldn't say it's normal. I think it's about seeing patterns emerging and trying to counteract them... which you're doing! Taking snacks with you to Warren's if that's a danger zone etc.

I think you should take Warren up on his offer of him not eating all that in front of you. Not because you want to "change" him or anything like that but because it's a danger zone to you and he's supportive of your weight loss AND because it's better for him!! It will be very difficult for you to maintain a steady, healthy weight in future with him if that's how he eats around you all the time. You don't even have to be pushy about it at all, just make some small changes like making your own pizzas (fun and healthy) rather than the Asda counter ones.

It's good to have you back Stevie - I have every confidence you'll have that weight off in no time!! Keep logging in on your phone and we'll help keep you on track :) xxxx

I can completely understand how hard it is when in a relationship. When James and I started dating I was a bit overweight but by this time last year I was classed as a lot more than just overweight (despite how ridiculous I think obesity lables are). Yet it wasn't until Feb this year where I realised I had lost my confidence. Unfortunately James had also put weight on too and although we will always love each other I think we were finding eachother increasingly unnattractive :(. BUT we got on it together, and it is now easier after being together a few years. So resisting temptation will get easier, and you are already losing weight so you will manage to be even more stunning and lose even more weight.

Now Warren is fortunate, and I am glad he is, that he obviously can eat what he likes. But I reckon that he is in the minority. So he sounds like a lovely bloke how he still understands what you are going through :).

So like you say, draw a line and get on it. Christmas countdown now and if you resist temptation for the next few weeks you can thoroughly enjoy the christmas break.

We all believe in you :)

xxxx

Thank you ladies as always for your fantastic support and fabulous ideas. I always kick myself and ask myself why it is I stay away from here when I'm struggling, because you all know exactly how to help. You really are a fantastic bunch of people.

It is also nice to hear that others have been through this and understand where I am coming from. It makes me realise I am only human like the rest.

I feel really lucky to have such a fantastic support network - family, friends, boyfriend, consultant, group and mini's friends! Lord only knows where I would be now if it wasn't for you all keeping me on track and steering me in the right direction.

What you all give is invaluable. Thank you so much for everything xx

Well, I have a free night tonight as Warren has fitness training 6-8 so we won't be seeing each other. I've decided I'm going to use my time wisely and do some batch cooking - something I've never done before! I'm going to pop to the little Tesco over the road at lunchtime and pick up some ingredients I need and then I'm all set for tonight. I'm going to make:

- Malaysian Red Pepper and Chicken Curry (from the Asia cookbook). I've planned to have this for tea on Friday night before we head over to the Metro, so it will just be a case of heating it up when I get in from work. I'm having a Red day that day so will have some frozen green beans with it in place of rice, just to fill me up a bit more. I tweak the recipe a little and it usually makes two good size portions so I'll have a spare left over for the freezer.

- Quorn Meatballs. Even though these are really quick and easy to make, I thought I could simplify the process even more by making them in advance and just popping them in the freezer. I'll just make up the meatballs with the vegetables and spicy tomato sauce and then when I have them (planned for Saturday afternoon when I come home from Warrens for an hour or two), I'll just have to heat it up and boil some pasta. Depends how many meatballs are left in the freezer as to how many portions I can make.

- Pizza Topped Chicken. Not really a batch cook, but as I'm having this for tea tomorrow night I thought I'd prep it in advance and then just leave it in the fridge until then. I'm getting my nails done straight after work tomorrow so probably won't be in until about 6pm. At least with it all prepped I'll only have to shove it in the oven. Should keep me from falling off track!

Actually looking forward to it. My mam and dad are away in Manchester for a few days and my brother will be out at the gym until 8pm. So it will be nice and therapeutic to be on my own doing my thing for a few hours. I really enjoy cooking.

Thank you lovely ladies xxx

Totally can relate to you on the being young and in a relationship and the 'why do i have to's when my friends don't have to give a seconda thought to what they eat! It's a tough battle with yourself.

If i ate all i wanted is be about 20 stone now so the whatever i want never really lasts longer than 2-3 weeks before ive piled om the weight and feel so depressed about it. Its a constant battle!

X

I know exactly what you mean when you say you wish you could just be normal, I feel like that all the time! I can't just go out for the day with Chris and have what I want to eat, cos it leads to a weight gain :( it's awful.

Never mind about the gain, it'll be off in a couple of weeks and then you'll be on a roll again x

Thanks again everyone. It's nice to know that I am not alone and that others know what I'm going through.

Had a great first day back on plan yesterday. Enjoyed yummy food and also got my batch cooking done. My little drawer in the freezer is now full up! In there I've now got Quorn cand vegetable chilli, spicy Quorn meatballs with vegetables and Malysian red pepper and chicken curry which are made up and just need to be defrosted / reheated as needed. I plan to have some of the Malaysian curry tomorrow night before we head off up to the MetroCentre, and the meatballs on Saturday afternoon. So that might free up a bit more room for some more cooking. Also found some other things in there which I forgot I had: Quorn mince, Quorn fillets, Quorn peppered steaks, Quorn chilli, ginger and lime sticky fillets, Linda Mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages, Weight Watchers sausages, 100g Princes lean corned beef, some chicken breasts and some little wholemeal bread buns. Some of which will come in handy this week (making corned beef hotpot Sunday and could do with a bun when I make burgers on Monday), and the others I will try and factor into my meal plan for next week. Feeling positive!

Going to have a Red day today. Not had one of those in a while! Here goes...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Red

Breakfast:
- "Magic Porridge" (HExB) with Mixed Berries (S)

Lunch:
- Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese, Celery Sticks (S) and Tesco Light Choices Crumbed Ham
- Double Decker (12.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Flattened Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree (S), 15g sliced Chorizo (2.5 Syns) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Carrot "Chips" (S) and Roasted Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S))

Other:

- Christmas Pudding HiFi (HExB)
- Multipack bag of Skips (4 Syns)
- Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisin Breakfast Bake (8.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: 35g Porridge Oats & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 27.5
Weekly Syns: 27.5 / 105

Last edited:
Thanks again everyone. It's nice to know that I am not alone and that others know what I'm going through.

Had a great first day back on plan yesterday. Enjoyed yummy food and also got my batch cooking done. My little drawer in the freezer is now full up! In there I've now got Quorn cand vegetable chilli, spicy Quorn meatballs with vegetables and Malysian red pepper and chicken curry which are made up and just need to be defrosted / reheated as needed. I plan to have some of the Malaysian curry tomorrow night before we head off up to the MetroCentre, and the meatballs on Saturday afternoon. So that might free up a bit more room for some more cooking. Also found some other things in there which I forgot I had: Quorn mince, Quorn fillets, Quorn peppered steaks, Quorn chilli, ginger and lime sticky fillets, Linda Mcartney rosemary and red onion sausages, Weight Watchers sausages, 100g Princes lean corned beef, some chicken breasts and some little wholemeal bread buns. Some of which will come in handy this week (making corned beef hotpot Sunday and could do with a bun when I make burgers on Monday), and the others I will try and factor into my meal plan for next week. Feeling positive!

Going to have a Red day today. Not had one of those in a while! Here goes...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Red

Breakfast:
- "Magic Porridge" (HExB) with Mixed Berries (S)

Lunch:
- Tesco Light Choices Cottage Cheese with Vegetable Crudités (S)

Dinner:
- Flattened Chicken Breast (S) topped with Tomato Puree (S), 15g sliced Chorizo (2.5 Syns) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Carrot "Chips" (S) and Roasted Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S) and Cherry Tomatoes (S))

Other:

- Christmas Pudding HiFi (HExB)
- Multipack bag of Skips (4 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: 35g Porridge Oats & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 6.5
Weekly Syns: 6.5 / 105

That's a good idea having your own little freezer draw so you know exactly what SW stuff you have, definitely going to give that a go so I don't have to keep sifting all my dads crap for my quorn haha.

Well done on having a good first day back & good luck for another one today :D

I know its delayed and you have already drawn your line but Stevie I'm feeling you so much right now! I gained 10lbs the last two weeks. I missed weigh in this week but it would've been another gain (you'll see why on my diary). I worked out that I weigh pretty much the same as I did this time last year from all the fannying around. What a waste of effort and money! I hope something clicks back soon but I totally relate with being young and comfortable with things. Been with my boy 2 and half years and the first 6 months we were together caused the gain. Our love of Food is a big thing we share and the fact we can't go out trying out new restaurants and stuff all the time sucks. I really need to get him back on side with SLimming World as when he was on it we did so well. You're lucky Warren is so supportive. I think Kieran has seen me fall off the wagon so many times he's given up.

anyway sorry for the ramble but glad to see you're back in the saddle and strapped in tight! x

I know its delayed and you have already drawn your line but Stevie I'm feeling you so much right now! I gained 10lbs the last two weeks. I missed weigh in this week but it would've been another gain (you'll see why on my diary). I worked out that I weigh pretty much the same as I did this time last year from all the fannying around. What a waste of effort and money! I hope something clicks back soon but I totally relate with being young and comfortable with things. Been with my boy 2 and half years and the first 6 months we were together caused the gain. Our love of Food is a big thing we share and the fact we can't go out trying out new restaurants and stuff all the time sucks. I really need to get him back on side with SLimming World as when he was on it we did so well. You're lucky Warren is so supportive. I think Kieran has seen me fall off the wagon so many times he's given up.

anyway sorry for the ramble but glad to see you're back in the saddle and strapped in tight! x

^^ This!
I was a size 10 when me and my partner got together (3 years and more than 3 stone back on!), going out to new places and trying new foods was definitely a big thing for us, I think sometimes being happy and comfortable in a relationship can make you your own worst enemy, because you don't realise till it's too late that all that happy eating will make you unhappy later! My OH is humoring me at the moment, but has seen me get on diets and fall off way too many times! Fortunately I do all the cooking, so it's more of a "I'm cooking this, you shall be eating it too" he can't really complain all that much!

Back