The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Another relationship gainer here! I had maintained at just over 10st for the best part of a year (thanks to SW) when I met my now-fiancé in Jan 2011. I knew I'd put on weight but was pretty horrified when I faced the scales last September and had put on over 2.5 stone. We love our food - he particularly loves posh chocolate, pies, cheese and going out to dinner - and it was such a huge part of indulging ourselves. It got to the point where my weight gain was really affecting our relationship because I couldn't bear to be touched and reminded that my stomach and hips were a good few inches bigger than they used to be, and going out was a nightmare because I'd usually be an angry, tearful hurricane tearing through the bedroom trying to find something that didn't make me feel too awful. SW got me back on track again and things improved immediately as the lbs dropped off. After we got engaged this Sept I let loose again and just enjoyed the eating out and champagne that got chucked our way, but once again the misery crept in as the lbs crept on.

I just have to realise that ONE naughty night ONCE in a while is fine, and normal, but something naughty and indulgent every night is not. SW works for me and lets me have what I want in moderation, and lets me be pretty normal. A flexi-syn day every other week or so doesn't seem to do me any harm and I get to enjoy what I really fancy without making myself feel sick! OH loves it when I'm on SW because he gets lots of yummy new food and loses weight at the same time - bonus!

And as for those people who can always eat what they want and never put on weight - my sister is travelling with a stick-thin leggy blonde mate of hers who's always eaten whatever she wants and stayed slim - but after 4 weeks in America she put on 8kg (nearly 18lbs). Back home she was a gym instructor and cheerleader so she could get away with it, but without that training she is just like the rest of us! I'm not relishing her gain, but it was nice to know that I'm not missing out on a magic metabolism. :)

It's good to see you planning again and what a brilliant way to use a Warren-free evening! You used to take left-overs for lunch quite often so perhaps you could get back into that habit as the less often you have to pop into shops for something, the less temptation you will have to face. There's nothing like seeing something nice to make you start craving it.

It sounds as though you are mentally prepared to be strong and resist the sweeties and takeaways. Plan your drinks and stick to your plans so that the demon drink doesn't weaken your resolve! You know you can do it and you've got your new outfit to inspire you.

Another relationship gainer here! I had maintained at just over 10st for the best part of a year (thanks to SW) when I met my now-fiancé in Jan 2011. I knew I'd put on weight but was pretty horrified when I faced the scales last September and had put on over 2.5 stone. We love our food - he particularly loves posh chocolate, pies, cheese and going out to dinner - and it was such a huge part of indulging ourselves. It got to the point where my weight gain was really affecting our relationship because I couldn't bear to be touched and reminded that my stomach and hips were a good few inches bigger than they used to be, and going out was a nightmare because I'd usually be an angry, tearful hurricane tearing through the bedroom trying to find something that didn't make me feel too awful. SW got me back on track again and things improved immediately as the lbs dropped off. After we got engaged this Sept I let loose again and just enjoyed the eating out and champagne that got chucked our way, but once again the misery crept in as the lbs crept on.

I just have to realise that ONE naughty night ONCE in a while is fine, and normal, but something naughty and indulgent every night is not. SW works for me and lets me have what I want in moderation, and lets me be pretty normal. A flexi-syn day every other week or so doesn't seem to do me any harm and I get to enjoy what I really fancy without making myself feel sick! OH loves it when I'm on SW because he gets lots of yummy new food and loses weight at the same time - bonus!

And as for those people who can always eat what they want and never put on weight - my sister is travelling with a stick-thin leggy blonde mate of hers who's always eaten whatever she wants and stayed slim - but after 4 weeks in America she put on 8kg (nearly 18lbs). Back home she was a gym instructor and cheerleader so she could get away with it, but without that training she is just like the rest of us! I'm not relishing her gain, but it was nice to know that I'm not missing out on a magic metabolism. :)

I'm exactly the same Em. Its a relationship killer as well as a cause! One minute you think "meh, I look alright today so I'll get away with the pizza", the next minute when intimate times await, it turns into an absolute emotional breakdown and an argument being caused :( I hate being a lady sometimes haha!

It's tough because you want to be one of the lads and not sound like some prissy girl who always fusses about her weight, but you also want to be the hottest girl he's ever known and not having a meltdown about your weight in the intimate moments! My weight has caused too many arguments and tearful apologies for taking it all out on him. He's great because he isn't pushy and doesn't pick at me about my weight but I've told him he's got to be firm and just tell me I don't really want something rather than asking me if I'm sure!

Morning diary, happy Friday!! :party0049:

I tell you what, it's amazing what a good couple of days on plan can do for you. I feel on top of the world today. Really positive and motivated!

Really enjoyed my Red day yesterday. Yum!! Tea was delicious - I hadn't had pizza topped chicken in so long. My brother (who is still on his fitness kick) also tried it for the first time last night and said it was "bloody lush", so I think that will become a regular again. I think this is what I've needed. Mixing up my meals and having different things other than blooming Quorn meatballs (as gorgeous as they are!) :giggle:

I'm having another Red day again today. I'm feeling really prepared - I bought a salad last night at Tesco for lunch today, and I've got my Malaysian curry out of the freezer ready for tea tonight before we head up to the MetroCentre. Also have my HiFi bars with me because I know I tend to want something sweet on a Friday afternoon at work. It feels good to be back in control!!

Oh, I have to tell you about my coffee this morning too. It was devine!! I thought I would treat myself to a nice Cappuccino before work this morning. I always go to Caffé Nero as their regular sized Cappuccino made with skimmed milk is only 1.5 Syns! But whilst I was waiting in the queue, I noticed they had a load of the sugar free syrups which are Syn free! So I had a shot of the hazelnut flavour in with my coffee. OMG!! Heaven in a cup. Will definitely be having one of those again. It felt so naughty but was so low in Syns!! Perfect for these winter mornings :)

Just as I am typing I have got a text from Katie. Me and Warren were going to go round to her and Sean's tomorrow night, but she has just text to see if we fancied going to Elachi with them. It's a gorgeous Indian restaurant where we live - the same place I get my takeaway Indian from which is usually a weigh night "treat". Will have to see what Warren says, if he fancies it or has enough money to go. But that would be nice. Plus I know I could stay totally on plan with my usual of Chicken Jalfrezi (8.5 Syns), boiled rice and salad. The only difference is that I wouldn't be able to weigh out an accurate portion, but by now I kind of have a rough idea what 350g looks like, so I would be able to guestimate. Anyway it's nothing definite yet, just an option. Will see what Warren says tonight!

Anyway, this is what today is looking like...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Red

Breakfast:
- Caffé Nero regular Cappuccino made with Skimmed Milk (1.5 Syns) and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup
- 1 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (½ HExB)

Lunch:
- Tesco Chilli Chicken Noodle Salad (2.5 Syns)
- 1 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (½ HExB)
- Reeses Fast Break (13 Syns)

Dinner:
- Banana
- 2 x BabyBel (HExA)

Other:

- Half a bottle of Blossom Hill Vie 5.5% Wine (9 Syns) with Soda

Healthy Extra A: 2 x BabyBel Original
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 26
Weekly Syns: 53.5 / 105

Last edited:
Well good that a noodle salad is such low syns even on red!

Fab isn't it!! I always used to have these for lunch on a Red day but they were 3.5 Syns. I stopped having them because the little Tesco opposite from work stopped selling them. Anyway I checked Syns online yesterday to see if they were still low and noticed they have now dropped to just 2.5 Syns!! So I picked one up in the big Tesco at home last night. Excited for lunch now :giggle: xx

*Runs to Caffé Nero* You're a hero! I've just cut out having coffee every time I diet because I love them with syrup, shall be going there ASAP :)

*Runs to Caffé Nero* You're a hero! I've just cut out having coffee every time I diet because I love them with syrup, shall be going there ASAP :)

It was so nice!! You would definitely have thought it was a lot more than 1.5 Syns! Enjoy :) xx

Well I brought lots of yummy fruit to work with me this morning for breakfast but I'm not really all that hungry. I've just had a nice cup of black tea and a rocky road from half of my first HExB instead. Will keep the fruit and take it to Warrens with me to keep me on plan tomorrow, rather than chocolate for breakfast like we've been having the past couple of weekends :giggle:

♥ The Princess Diaries ♥

Food pics from today so far :)

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385730186.455248.jpg ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385730202.089984.jpg ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385730220.172078.jpg ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385730233.974852.jpg ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1385730247.707876.jpg

That Reeses Fast Break sounds amazing! Glad you're back on it and feeling fab! :D

Oooh they are delicious!! But then I love anything Reeses / peanut butter :drool: Worth every last Syn! xx

I'm a total peanut butter fiend. OH won't let me have it in the house because he knows I'll just end up eating it with a spoon! :giggle: I've ordered myself some sugarfree coffee syrup from Amazon after your post this morning. OH and I used to treat ourselves to a large cinnamon latte (for me) and a large gingerbread latte (for him) - a whopping 17 syns each!! Needless to say I haven't had one since I've been on SW. It'll be amazing to make it at home!

Also another relationship gainer! I was probably about 16st when I first started going out with Chris then I was over 20st at one point! We would just get take aways a lot, and then if we had days out I would get something massive for lunch like baguette and chips. X

Hi Stevie,

I've been lurking for a month or so on your diary but have just been reading through all the comments about 'normal' and gaining weight in relationships and it's so common! I was just over 12 stone when I met my hubby and in August I tipped the scales at almost 15 :eek:, he's a bit of an 'enabler' really, he likes a curvier woman and is also an amazing cook with a metabolism that seems to run faster than Usain Bolt so I'd eat what he did and when he did, probably just as much too. My relationship with food has always been poor, it's a bit of a social thing and treat for us all in one. Hard day at work? Let's have a nice curry! Feeling Run Down? Let's not bother cooking and get a pizza......because he doesn't have to worry about his weight, I never thought to worry about mine. Hubby struggles understanding SW for the most part, quite often he will be trying to cook and asking if he can put in oil, I'll say NO!, and his response is that surely a little bit wouldn't hurt? That's where the mental strength has to come in, before I would have given in and told him just to do what he thought was best, but I don't now.

It sounds like prepping will be a massive help to you too, you sound super organised with your planning and I am drooling over that Reeses bar, in my opening post I talked about my love of peanut butter and since I started SW I haven't touched it, I have no idea how I am managing to resist :innocent0001: I think I might have to make a satay or a peanut curry soon though............

Hope everything continues this way for you, your positivity is really obvious in your most recent posts, keep plodding!

Just a quick update before I head off back to Warrens.

Didn't end up having my curry last night. Wasn't hungry enough either before or after the Metro, so I just grabbed a banana and a couple of BabyBel's before going to Warrens for the night. Going to keep the curry for Monday night and have it then instead. Anyway got sorted at the Metro. All Christmas presents now bought and the majority of them wrapped too. Woohoo!!

Haven't had a great deal to eat today. We couldn't sleep last night and it was 5.30am this morning before we finally did, so we didn't wake up until about 1.30pm this afternoon. Hence why I have only had HiFi's and pasta so far. Going to take my second HiFi and maybe a few sweeties round to Warrens when I go back. He's out now having a few drinks and watching the football and then I think he's getting a Chinese when he comes in. So I can feel like I'm having a treat and not being left out with my sweets. Will update after I decided what I'm going to have :)

Have a great Saturday evening all x

(S)

Green

"Brunch":
- Coffee with 1 x tsp Sugar (1 Syn)
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Dinner:
- Pasta with Quorn Meatballs (S) and Vegetables (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onions (S)) in a Spicy Tomato Sauce (Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Chillies (S)). Topped with Cheese (HExA)

Other:

- Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)
- Milk (HExA) throughout the day in Coffee, etc.

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 1
Weekly Syns: 54.5 / 105

Morning! Just got home from Warrens. I'm home early this morning. Normally I'd stay there until late afternoon but he's playing footy this morning. Gives me chance to come home and get a bath and a few jobs done :)

Was really good last night - took some sweeties round with me but didn't end up having any. Think I will have some today. I've got some of those fizzy bubblegum bottles which are my favourite! They were 99p a bag in Tesco and they are only 1 Syn each. Pretty decent size too!

Just opened my Advent calendars too. I have two of them - a Hello Kitty one and a One Direction one. Love them!! The Hello Kitty one is only 8 cals per serving, so just half a Syn! I did some googling and found out that the 1D one is 15 Syns, so 1 Syn for that one. Not too bad at all really. It's just not Christmas without an Advent calendar...or two! ;)

Just tucked up in bed catching up on the end of Hollyoaks. I've made up my corned beef hotpot ready to go in the oven shortly for dinner. Going to spend the day wrapping the last of my Christmas presents and tidying up my room.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

(S)

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- 2 x Advent Chocolates (1.5 Syns)

Lunch:
- Corned Beef Hotpot (100g Princes Lean Corned Beef (2 Syns), Potatoes, Onion (S) and a Knorr Beef Stock Pot) served with Vegetables (Leeks (S), Carrots (S), Cauliflower (S) and Peas (SS))

Other:

- Popping Candy Freddo (4.5 Syns)
- 7 x Fizzy Bubblegum Bottles (7 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: N/A
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 69.5 / 105

Last edited:
Back