The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

♥ The Princess Diaries ♥

Afternoon lovely.

Good to see you back on plan:)

Just a thought - advent calendar choccies are 23 cals for both? In my book that means 1 syn ;) xx

Oooh, I like your thinking!!! ;) xx

I would go with the 1 syn too because I always thought 15cals or under is 0.5 syns and anything above is 1 syn, so syn the 1D at 0.5 too! That's a massive 15 syn saving over December! In my book that's an extra bottle of wine on Xmas day ;-)

How did you do the hotpot? It sounds really good, I actually do quite like corned beef, haven't had it for aaaaaaaaaaaaages but did grab a tin of the princes lean one last week. I was thinking of going a corned beef/potato hash but hotpot sounds better!

I haven't tried the popping candy freddos either, wondering whether to try or stick with my mini milky bars, hmm....

Sounds like you had a great weekend, so jealous you have already wrapped your presents, I think I am mostly done but will probably start wrapping next weekend :)

I would go with the 1 syn too because I always thought 15cals or under is 0.5 syns and anything above is 1 syn, so syn the 1D at 0.5 too! That's a massive 15 syn saving over December! In my book that's an extra bottle of wine on Xmas day ;-)

I have always classed 15 cals as 1 Syn. Purely because at school we were taught that anything 0.5 or above would get rounded up to 1. So 15 would be rounded up to 20. But that's just the way I do it, everyone's different :)

I think I'm going to stick with 1.5 Syns, just to be on the safe side! x

How did you do the hotpot? It sounds really good, I actually do quite like corned beef, haven't had it for aaaaaaaaaaaaages but did grab a tin of the princes lean one last week. I was thinking of going a corned beef/potato hash but hotpot sounds better!

I haven't tried the popping candy freddos either, wondering whether to try or stick with my mini milky bars, hmm....

Sounds like you had a great weekend, so jealous you have already wrapped your presents, I think I am mostly done but will probably start wrapping next weekend :)

The corned beef hotpot is delicious! Pre-SW it was always one of my favourites, though I never thought to make a SW friendly version until recently. It's dead easy to make.

I make an individual one, so you just need any ovenproof bowl. I slice an onion, a couple of large potatoes and chop 100g Princes lean corned beef (2 Syns). Layer up in the bowl, with potato being the top layer. Then I use a Knorr beef stock pot (free) and in a measuring jug I make it up with about 250-300ml boiling water. Then just pour that over the hotpot (it will seep through the gaps in the layers) and then pop in the oven for an hour or so. The potatoes underneath go lovely and soft and the ones on the top tend to crisp up a little. Devine!!

The popping candy Freddos are also gorgeous! I would definitely give them a try. I feel like you get more with them, especially as milky bars tend to be very "airy". They have a bite to them and I really feel satisfied - the popping candy feels really naughty. They are on offer at Tesco at the moment, 3 for £1.20. I stocked up when I was last there!

I can't quite believe all of my Christmas wrapping is done already. I am never this organised! Now I can get excited for putting the tree and decorations up, although I don't think we're doing it until the 14th/15th, so still a little while yet. We always put them up no earlier than 12 days before Christmas - I think it's traditional. Plus we have someone coming out to look at our double glazing this weekend and next week, so we don't really want a load of clutter anyway. I'm trying so hard to be patient. If it was up to me they would be up now. I love Christmas and everything about it!! x

Morning diary. Monday again! Even that's not dulling my smile today though. I am a happy little egg at the moment :)

Had a great week back on plan and I can't wait for WI tomorrow night. Hoping for at least 5lb off - I gained 10lb over two weeks so it would be quite nice to get it off in two as well. We shall see!

This is how today is looking...

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Red

Breakfast:
- Pineapple (S)
- Pomegranate
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)

Lunch:
- Ryvitas (HExB) topped with Laughing Cow Lights (HExA) and Ham
- Caffé Nero Regular Cappuccino with Skimmed Milk and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup (1.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- Malysian Red Pepper and Chicken Curry (Chicken (S), Red Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), and Tomatoes (S)) served with Garlic and Chilli Carrots (S)

Other:

- 2 x Advent Chocolates (1.5 Syns)
- 25g Cadbury Snow Bites (6 Syns)
- 6 x Fizzy Bubblegum Bottles (6 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 5 x Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 4 x Ryvita Original

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 84.5 / 105

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the recipe, I have one bubbling away in the oven as I type, ready for lunch tomorrow and Wednesday! I chucked in all the odd bits of veg that were hanging around too. Will let you know whether I pulled it off or not :D

I love Christmas, my tree used to go up first weekend of December but since we moved out we have always had a real one so we don't get it until the middle of the month so it lasts. Last years tree was amazing and we had it in the lounge until at least Jan because it wasn't dead and I hate getting rid of them. I feel like having a change in colour theme this year but I'm not sure what to............

Hope WI tomorrow goes well, mine is tuesday too so hopefully it will be smiles all round :)

Morning. Happy Weigh Day to me (and all you other Tuesday weighers!)

Mixed feelings about tonight. I've been soooo good this week and it's felt great to be back on plan. But I am also kind of nervous about what the scales will say. I think it's partly due to the fact I weighed myself at home this morning (naughty!) and my scales were reading 11st 12lb. That would mean a loss of 4.5lb. On any other week I would be chuffed with that, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting a little more. I don't think I have helped by going on the scales earlier in the week too - they have constantly read 11st 10lb up until today. But anyway, I will not worry too much about it. A loss is a loss!! We will see.

Looking forward to tea tonight. I've made up a burger for tea - well in fact, I bought a pack of EL mince the other day and made up four of the BabyBel burgers with it. I was going to have two for tea tonight (was going to have a Red day and just have them in buns), but Warren has decided he is going to come for tea! Which I am over the moon with :) He is really supporting me with this and I am so appreciative. I have to admit that in the last month or so I've fallen back into the habbit of "black holing" on a weigh night. I would pick him up after group and we'd go get McDonalds and loads of sweeties to pig out on for the rest of the night. But this week I wan't that to change. Anyway, he wants to try my chips so I've decided to make today an EE day just for convenience really. Hope he enjoys it!

I'm just sat trying to plan my eats for next week. A bit naughty, but I thought I'll try and get it done and dusted, and there is nobody in the office yet so I can do it while I have a bit of peace and quiet and some "free time". I'm really trying to be organised next week, as I have a day / night out in Darlington on Saturday. Sas, Caz and I are going through at about 12-12.30 and are going to have some pub grub and then drinks. Sort of a little Christmas celebration. They both work at the same pub and often find it hard to get the same shift off work, so we're making the most of it! The places where we are most likely to go for food will be Yates or William Stead (Weatherspoons) - not great I know, but I think they are just wanting cheap and cheerful. Does anyone have any suggestions from either which they know are low Syn? I am thinking that, if the worst comes to worst, most places tend to do a chicken salad so I could go for that. Of course I'd ask for the chicken to be cooked without oil and the salad to come without dressing, etc. But any other suggestions would be great! Then my plan is to stick to vodka and diet coke, alternating it with a soft drink (diet coke) to try and make my Syns go further. I know I have said this in the past and then gone out and drank copious amounts of cider, jagerbombs and God only knows what else! But this time I am determined to stick to it. I really don't want any more gains now before Christmas, I want it to be losses all the way. Even just a half lb - it all adds up!!

Anyway, this is what today is looking like. Will report back later on tonight with my result! Good luck to anyone else weighing in today x

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Extra Easy

Breakfast:
- Caffé Nero Regular Cappuccino with Skimmed Milk and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup (1.5 Syns)
- Banana

"Lunch":
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)

Dinner:
- Extra Lean Beef and Red Onion (S) Burger stuffed with a BabyBel Light (2 Syns) in a Wholemeal Roll (HExB). Served with Spicy Potato Wedges and 4 x tbsp. Lighter Than Light Mayo (2 Syns)

Other:

- 2 x Advent Chocolates (1.5 Syns)
- Milk (HExA) with a Dr.Moo Chocolate Straw (1 Syn)
- Popping Candy Freddo (4.5 Syns)
- Mini Ripple (4.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B:
60g Wholemeal Roll

Daily Syns: 20
Weekly Syns: 104.5 / 105

Last edited:
Well you've definitely got your SW head screwed on again. It's great that you're using your time to plan out meals, once their planned you can look forward to them and know what you're synning etc. :)

Good luck for weigh in, I know you're going to have a knock out loss. Update us as soon as you can :)

Okay Wetherspoons I can help with big time! Ok, they do this lush lush dish which is grilled chicken skewers with peri peri sauce (automatically comes out in separate bowl so you choose how much you want) and then a side salad (again dressing in a pot). You can pay 1£ extra for rice as well. So its syn free and then the peri sauce is about 1 syn per tbsp.
The 5 bean chilli is 1.5 syns if you don't eat the nachos and you can have either with rice or jacket potato.

Their sweet chilli noodles are 1 syn but I've never tried them.

Steaks there aren't very greasy and the chips and grilled mushroom can be swapped for jacket and salad. Making it synfree (give or take oil) and then peppercorn sauce for example is 5 syns.

Wetherspoons is my go to pub for slimming world food :p

Okay Wetherspoons I can help with big time! Ok, they do this lush lush dish which is grilled chicken skewers with peri peri sauce (automatically comes out in separate bowl so you choose how much you want) and then a side salad (again dressing in a pot). You can pay 1£ extra for rice as well. So its syn free and then the peri sauce is about 1 syn per tbsp.
The 5 bean chilli is 1.5 syns if you don't eat the nachos and you can have either with rice or jacket potato.

Their sweet chilli noodles are 1 syn but I've never tried them.

Steaks there aren't very greasy and the chips and grilled mushroom can be swapped for jacket and salad. Making it synfree (give or take oil) and then peppercorn sauce for example is 5 syns.

Wetherspoons is my go to pub for slimming world food :p

You are a legend!! Thank you so much. Think I will try and sway them towards Wetherspoons then, as I have lots of choice there depending on what I fancy! Because they all sound lush :drool: xx

Also thanks to everyone for the "good luck" and well wishes. Will report back ASAP! xx

Hehe you're welcome! Its one place where the boyfriend can eat a monstrous burger and I won't be jealous! :p Good luck xxx

Good luck Stevie.

Even if your loss is 4.5lb, that's still an epic weight loss! Don't forget that missy! xx

Thanks hun, you're right!! :) xx

Morning. Happy Weigh Day to me (and all you other Tuesday weighers!) Mixed feelings about tonight. I've been soooo good this week and it's felt great to be back on plan. But I am also kind of nervous about what the scales will say. I think it's partly due to the fact I weighed myself at home this morning (naughty!) and my scales were reading 11st 12lb. That would mean a loss of 4.5lb. On any other week I would be chuffed with that, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting a little more. I don't think I have helped by going on the scales earlier in the week too - they have constantly read 11st 10lb up until today. But anyway, I will not worry too much about it. A loss is a loss!! We will see. Looking forward to tea tonight. I've made up a burger for tea - well in fact, I bought a pack of EL mince the other day and made up four of the BabyBel burgers with it. I was going to have two for tea tonight (was going to have a Red day and just have them in buns), but Warren has decided he is going to come for tea! Which I am over the moon with :) He is really supporting me with this and I am so appreciative. I have to admit that in the last month or so I've fallen back into the habbit of "black holing" on a weigh night. I would pick him up after group and we'd go get McDonalds and loads of sweeties to pig out on for the rest of the night. But this week I wan't that to change. Anyway, he wants to try my chips so I've decided to make today an EE day just for convenience really. Hope he enjoys it! I'm just sat trying to plan my eats for next week. A bit naughty, but I thought I'll try and get it done and dusted, and there is nobody in the office yet so I can do it while I have a bit of peace and quiet and some "free time". I'm really trying to be organised next week, as I have a day / night out in Darlington on Saturday. Sas, Caz and I are going through at about 12-12.30 and are going to have some pub grub and then drinks. Sort of a little Christmas celebration. They both work at the same pub and often find it hard to get the same shift off work, so we're making the most of it! The places where we are most likely to go for food will be Yates or William Stead (Weatherspoons) - not great I know, but I think they are just wanting cheap and cheerful. Does anyone have any suggestions from either which they know are low Syn? I am thinking that, if the worst comes to worst, most places tend to do a chicken salad so I could go for that. Of course I'd ask for the chicken to be cooked without oil and the salad to come without dressing, etc. But any other suggestions would be great! Then my plan is to stick to vodka and diet coke, alternating it with a soft drink (diet coke) to try and make my Syns go further. I know I have said this in the past and then gone out and drank copious amounts of cider, jagerbombs and God only knows what else! But this time I am determined to stick to it. I really don't want any more gains now before Christmas, I want it to be losses all the way. Even just a half lb - it all adds up!! Anyway, this is what today is looking like. Will report back later on tonight with my result! Good luck to anyone else weighing in today x (S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed Extra Easy Breakfast: - Caffé Nero Regular Cappuccino with Skimmed Milk and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup (1.5 Syns) - Banana "Lunch": - Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns) Dinner: - Extra Lean Beef and Red Onion (S) Burger stuffed with a BabyBel Light (2 Syns) in a Wholemeal Roll (HExB). Served with Spicy Potato Wedges and 4 x tbsp. Lighter Than Light Mayo (2 Syns) Other: - 2 x Advent Chocolates (1.5 Syns) - Milk (HExA) with a Dr.Moo Chocolate Straw (1 Syn) - Popping Candy Freddo (4.5 Syns) - Mini Ripple (4.5 Syns) Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk Healthy Extra B: 60g Wholemeal Roll Daily Syns: 20 Weekly Syns: 104.5 / 105
i never loose more than 1.5! It's so frustrating so take that loss and run with it!

i never loose more than 1.5! It's so frustrating so take that loss and run with it!

I know that I can have fantastic losses though. On two weeks I had as big as 7lb! Anyway, not too worried about it. I originally said I would like 5lb - I gained 10lb in two weeks so wanted to try and lose it in 2 as well. But will take any loss! It's not always about the scales - I've had great food this week and really enjoyed myself and felt good. Not long now :)

♥ The Princess Diaries ♥

5.5lb off tonight. Must say I'm a little disappointed it's not another of my 7lb'ers but I did say I wanted at least 5lb off, so I shouldn't really complain!

Back