The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Well done on getting back on it, you sound really focused again now.
Don't put too much pressure on when you're at 11st 6.5lb, it might just be a mental thing, but whenever I used to get to 10st 1lb, i completely fall off the band wagon and just think, woop I'm thin! Even though really, I'm no where near my target, I'm just the smallest i've been for a very long time.
Good luck this week. Sending lots of positive energy your way!

Thanks again everyone for all of the fantastic, invaluable support. I really wouldn't have gotten this far without it.

Have just been reading the new magazine on my lunch break actually, and finding that really motivating too. There are so many articles in this months issue about being kinder to yourself, losing the guilt and not beating yourself up. Reading it, it feels as though it was written personally for me. As if by magic Slimming World knew I was having a tough week and right on cue released the magazine!

Feeling really fired up again now - Ready to put the changes I need to make into place and get back on the road to target x

I think we can often forget too that alcohol is essentially a depressant.

Those real dark feelings of self-hatred, guilt, loathing etc. that we can get for almost up to a week after a heavy session are really hard to snap out of as the effect of the alcohol still swims around our system.

I think you're being really responsible being "dry" this Saturday if you're noticing a pattern of being off-plan and feeling incredibly guilty after having alcohol. It might be different if you could have a few vodkas and still be in control the following day but not only do those excess drinks cause an increase in calories, but also an increase in the effect of a hangover and the post-booze blues.

I think this effect of alcohol gets forgotten a lot! xx

Hey Stevie,

Just popping in to subscribe. Sorry to read that you've had a crappy WI, but I've got to say your attitude is amazing. Rather than binning group off and shying away from things you've faced up to your gain, accepted it and are moving in the right direction again. That takes guts and iron will power. You should be so proud of yourself.

This journey isn't just about the losses, it's about the times we lose our way a little and get back on track. It's a valuable lesson for when you make it to target. We're all human and everyone has bad weeks/parties/holidays where we don't see a loss on the scale. It's how we react to that which determines whether we succeed or not, and from what I've seen you've done brilliantly. Glad the magazine has helped too. Hope you have a fantastic week! xx

Pleased to see you back on it Hun, I get excited for the magazine too! Love reading the stories, they always give you so much motivation! I used to read them when I first started and wanting to be like that but not believing I could! But I did and so will you xx

Good morning diary. Thanks again everyone for all of the positive, constructive and supportive comments. It really does help my attitude and make me more determined to turn things around. I am mainly doing this for myself but I also want to do it for everyone who has ever supported me along the way - as a bit of a "thank you, this is what you have helped me achieve". So people know that their time and effort was not wasted on me. Does that make sense?

Well yesterday was a total success anyway! Managed to grab the bull by the horns and get back 100% on plan. Even did an Extra Easy day (and enjoyed it!) which is very rare for me. Normally I rely heavily on the double HEx's, but I found I ate more superfree yesterday which is only going to help boost my weight loss.

I'm having another Extra Easy day today. I bought the "Family Feasts on a Budget" book at group on Tuesday, and I wanted to try the "Best Ever Bolognese" recipe from that. Have sent my dad off this morning with a shopping list for the ingredients while I'm at work lol, bless him! It's ages since I've made bolognese - last time I made it I just kind of threw it together but it didn't quite taste right. So hoping this will be nice! I did notice it didn't have a great amount of SuperFree in it though, just onion, carrot, chopped tomatoes and passata. So I'm also going to add some mushrooms and some peppers to bulk it up a bit. As I don't really want to have salad with it. Looking forward to that tonight anyway!

Awww, just realised it's 5 months for me and Warren today. It's flown over! I really couldn't be happier :)

I have a feeling today is going to be another great day! These are my eats...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Mint Options Hot Chocolate (1.5 Syns)
- Chocolate and Fudge Alpen Light (2.5 Syns)
- Strawberries (SS)

Lunch:
- Tesco Falafel and Butternut Squash Salad
- Strawberry Danio Yogurt (1 Syn)

Dinner:
- Pasta topped with Bolognese (Extra Lean Mince, Onion (S), Carrot (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Passata (S)) and Cheese (HExA). Served with Vegetables (Carrots (S), Cauliflower (S) and Peas (SS))

Other:
- 2 x Marshmallow and Vanilla Yoghurt Honey Monster "Stix" (HExB)
- Soreen Lunchbox Loaf (4.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated Cheese
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Honey Monster "Stix"

Daily Syns: 9.5
Weekly Syns: 14.5 / 105

Last edited:
Morning PS :wavey:, so glad to hear your back on it 100%, I'm really happy for you that your back in the zone. You sound well prepared and organised for a successful week ahead. Your food diary looks amazing. I've heard a lot about `Family Feasts on a Budget' book, it's ment to have some real delicious meals in it. Your have fun going through them all. Last night I made a yummy SW chilli recipe from the SW website. I also added peppers and mushrooms to bulk it up :p. You must try out the chilli recipe also it's really nice ! Wishing you a fab weight loss this week hun. :)

Kay xx

Morning PS :wavey:, so glad to hear your back on it 100%, I'm really happy for you that your back in the zone. You sound well prepared and organised for a successful week ahead. Your food diary looks amazing. I've heard a lot about `Family Feasts on a Budget' book, it's ment to have some real delicious meals in it. Your have fun going through them all. Last night I made a yummy SW chilli recipe from the SW website. I also added peppers and mushrooms to bulk it up :p. You must try out the chilli recipe also it's really nice ! Wishing you a fab weight loss this week hun. :)

Kay xx

Hi Kay! How are you doing? :)

Ooh yum!! I love chilli, although I have to admit I often just through it together so it never ever tastes the same lol! Must give a "proper" recipe a go at some point.

The book is fab! I've already seen lots of yummy recipes I want to try out. I've got my eye on a recipe for chicken and bacon rosti pots - they look a bit like a pie but it has a swede rosti on top instead of pastry. They look so yummy!! And there was a few others such as kofta kebabs, bean burgers and a yummy looking chicken traybake type thing. Definitely going to give some new recipes a whirl!!

Thanks for your well wishes. Hope you have a great day! xx

Wow the recipes sound fab, your making me hungry :p, would love to see some of your food pics on here when you've whipped up all those lovely recipes :). PS are you doing any of the monthly challenges to help you along, like you used to last year ?

Kay xx

Oh, paprika pork and the turkey burgers with tzatziki have been my fave from that book! Can't wait to get to group next week now to buy the new Extra Easy Express book and the new mag, especially after you shared the new articles on IG! X

Glad you are feeling better and back in the zone. Happy 5 months anniversary, time does fly. I now have a diary btw. if your ever bored check it out lol x

Thanks hun! I'll pop over your diary in a moment to subscribe :) xx

Wow the recipes sound fab, your making me hungry :p, would love to see some of your food pics on here when you've whipped up all those lovely recipes :). PS are you doing any of the monthly challenges to help you along, like you used to last year ?

Kay xx

They sound gorgeous don't they! I post all of my food photos on IG (Insta-gram), but I must get round to posting them on my diary here as well, for those who don't use IG!

I'm currently subscribed to the February and Easter challenges. Not off to a great start after this weeks weigh in lol, but I am determined to turn things around and get back on track! xx

Oh, paprika pork and the turkey burgers with tzatziki have been my fave from that book! Can't wait to get to group next week now to buy the new Extra Easy Express book and the new mag, especially after you shared the new articles on IG! X

I'm not a fan of pork, but I might give it a go with chicken or something instead. Do you think that would work? Have to admit I did eye up the turkey burgers too - will hopefully give them a go at some point.

I picked up the new Extra Easy Express book on Tuesday and there was some really yummy recipes in it! I put it back down because I didn't really do EE that often - I'm enjoying it this week though so might get the book next week and give it a whirl more often! xx

So happy to hear that your on the challenges, I find they really helped me last year :) . I hope you have a fab week ahead PS, will keep popping back to your diary to see how your getting on. I have a diary on here too, to pop by to say hello if u wish, would be great to share tips and ideas :p . Take care hun.

Kay xx

So happy to hear that your on the challenges, I find they really helped me last year :) . I hope you have a fab week ahead PS, will keep popping back to your diary to see how your getting on. I have a diary on here too, to pop by to say hello if u wish, would be great to share tips and ideas :p . Take care hun.

Kay xx

Oooh, I just noticed the link in your signature hun! I will pop along now and subscribe, love catching up with you :)

Have a great day, speak soon xx

Just popping in to subscribe :)

Thanks hun! I'll pop over your diary in a moment to subscribe :) xx

They sound gorgeous don't they! I post all of my food photos on IG (Insta-gram), but I must get round to posting them on my diary here as well, for those who don't use IG!

I'm currently subscribed to the February and Easter challenges. Not off to a great start after this weeks weigh in lol, but I am determined to turn things around and get back on track! xx

I'm not a fan of pork, but I might give it a go with chicken or something instead. Do you think that would work? Have to admit I did eye up the turkey burgers too - will hopefully give them a go at some point.

I picked up the new Extra Easy Express book on Tuesday and there was some really yummy recipes in it! I put it back down because I didn't really do EE that often - I'm enjoying it this week though so might get the book next week and give it a whirl more often! xx

I always make the paprika pork with chicken :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back