The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Ahh, in a way it's good to hear that you've done a bit of mucking about too...I've been doing that for the last year and a half and feel like a total failure every time I go back into class to join!! I think all my friends/relatives raise their eyebrows and nod at me to humour me every time I say I'm back on SW! The only consolation is I would be so much heavier now if I hadn't tried at least a bit over the last 18 months :)

Ahh, in a way it's good to hear that you've done a bit of mucking about too...I've been doing that for the last year and a half and feel like a total failure every time I go back into class to join!! I think all my friends/relatives raise their eyebrows and nod at me to humour me every time I say I'm back on SW! The only consolation is I would be so much heavier now if I hadn't tried at least a bit over the last 18 months :)

This is only my second time on Slimming World - I'm not a serial rejoiner. Only left in the first place as my dad had a massive heart attack a few years ago and SW was the last thing on my mind! But what I mean about messing around is that I didn't follow the plan properly a lot of the time. I would go off plan all weekends, have "cheat nights" on weigh day, etc. I would have one good week and one bad, a loss then a gain, etc. So effectively just maintaining my weight for quite some time. Too long, in fact. No more of that!! Until of course I get to target, and then I do need to maintain!! x

Awwww!! You all are too kind. I don't think of myself as an inspiration at all, because let's face it - I could have been at my target a bloody lifetime ago if I'd just gotten on with it instead of messing around lol! But thank you so much. Your comments are so lovely :)

Enjoyed swimming tonight and managed 25 minutes and 20 lengths. Not too bad considering it's the first time I've been in ages! It gives me something to work on anyway. The plan is to try and beat it each week, last longer / do more lengths every time.

Just tucked up in bed with a cuppa and my HiFi. So I will catch up with you all tomorrow! Sweet dreams xx

Can I just say you are such an inspiration I've really struggled the last 18 months and as a result have gained back all my weight that I had lost have really been struggling again since I rejoined in January and don't know how to get started and motivated again !!!
What changed for you do you think ???
I read your diary all the time but don't post very often but the last few months you've been doing amazing and now target is well within your grasp !!!
You should be so proud !!! X

Can I just say you are such an inspiration I've really struggled the last 18 months and as a result have gained back all my weight that I had lost have really been struggling again since I rejoined in January and don't know how to get started and motivated again !!!
What changed for you do you think ???
I read your diary all the time but don't post very often but the last few months you've been doing amazing and now target is well within your grasp !!!
You should be so proud !!! X

Aww, you are so kind. What lovely things to say, thank you!!

I'm not really too sure what changed. I think I just had enough of messing around and convincing myself I was sticking to plan when I knew full well I wasn't. I think realising that I'd been at this for over 2 years and still not at target was a big kick up the backside too - especially when people at my group have lost as much as 6 and a half stone in a year!! I also think that getting with Warren has helped massively. Although he always says he loves me the way I am, I just wanted to make sure I looked my best for him (and myself of course!) And he is such a health freak - not foodwise, but he is always playing football, fitness training, etc. He always really spurs me on.

I have said it before and I will say it again. It's certainly not an easy journey, but if I can turn things around and get back on track then anyone can!!

I hope you find your mojo again soon hun x

Afternoon diary. I'm late posting today!

I stopped at Warren's last night and we got up this morning and went swimming at 8am! Really enjoyed it, it really woke me up and has set me up for the day. Feel like I have lots of energy. I also managed to beat my lengths / time from Wednesday - this morning I managed 24 lengths in 25 minutes. Although that may have been more to do with the fact that the pool was quieter and I could just get on and do them, without annoying kids swimming in the way or jumping in and splashing everywhere. God I sound like a miserable old woman lol!
Popped to Tesco after swimming for a few bits and then came home and made a huge omelette for breakfast / lunch. That was about 11am. So won't be having anything now until I have my tea later. Might have a HiFi and a cuppa, but there's no way I could fit three meals in today lol!!

This is how today is looking anyway. Another yummy Red day...

Red

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Brunch:
- Omelette made with 3 eggs, Bacon, Mushrooms (S), Green Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Tomato (S) and Cheese (HExA)

Dinner:
- Tesco Healthy Living Ginger, Lime & Chilli Chicken Breast (0.5 Syns) (S) and Vegetable (Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S) and Red Onion) Skewers. Served with Mixed Leaves (S) and Mango Salsa (Mango (S), Red Onion (S), Chillies (S), Fresh Coriander and juice of half a Lime)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Mint Crunch HiFi (HExB)
- Small bag of Kinder Mini Eggs (10.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 40g Low Low Grated Cheese
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 11
Weekly Syns: 18 / 105

Last edited:
Mmmm your tea sounds delicious!!!!

Quick food post for today from my mobile. Will update properly when I get home and get onto the laptop. Off to Nando's again for tea tonight. It was my best friend Katie's birthday on Wednesday and she's never been before and has always wanted to try it. So me and Warren are going to take Katie and her hubby Sean. All on plan though!

Have a great Saturday everyone x

Red

Brunch:
- WW Wholemeal Pitta (HExB) stuffed with Bacon, Mushrooms (S) and Cheese (HExA)
- Fruit Salad (Mango (S), Kiwi (S), Orange (S), Passionfruit (S) and the juice of half a Lime)

Dinner (Nando's):
- Butterfly Chicken (S) (3.5 Syns), Grilled Halloumi Cheese (3 Syns) and Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- 2 x Weight Watchers Milk Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (4 Syns)
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- 9 x Asda Chosen by You Bubblegum Mini Marti's (4.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra B: Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta & 2 x HiFi Light

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 33 / 105

Last edited:
Photos of my brunch:
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1394893879.523674.jpg
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1394893908.899480.jpg

And a couple of digestives with a cuppa!
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1394893930.912228.jpg

Enjoy your Nando's, it's a favourite of mine :)

Ooh I love nandos. Always get butterfly chicken, corn and salad :) going to get halloumi next time though!

Enjoy hun x

Snap, I always have this too! :)

Quick Sunday food diary!

Green

Brunch:
- 2 x Double Chocolate Alpen Light (HExB)
- Fruit Salad (Orange (S), Grapes, Apple (S), Pineapple (S), Watermelon (S) and Mango (S))

Dinner:
- Quorn Shepherds Pie (Quorn Mince (S), Onion (S), Peas (SS) and a Knorr Beef Stock Pot) topped with Sweet Potato and Cheese (HExA). Served with Carrots (S), Cauliflower (S) and Green Beans (S)
- Blueberry Danio Yogurt (3 Syns)

Other:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)
- 10 x Asda Chosen by You Bubblegum Mini Marti's (5 Syns)
- 3 x Weight Watchers Milk Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (6 Syns)

Healthy Extra B: 2 x Alpen Light & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 14
Weekly Syns: 47 / 105

Last edited:
Morning diary, happy Monday!! Another day off, woop woop!! Not sure what to do with myself today. My mam and dad are doing a big spring clean in the house, so I might take myself out for the day. Get out of the way and won't be given any chores that way :giggle:

Anyway, quick foodie post for today. Back to Red again today and hoping it makes a difference as my scales are showing a maintain, grrrrr!!!

Red

Breakfast:
- Weetabix (HExB) with a chopped Banana and Milk (HExA)

Lunch:
- Mango (S) and Kiwi Fruit (S) topped with a Passionfruit Danio Yogurt (1.5 Syns)

Dinner:
- "Meatzza" (EL Mince base topped with Tomato Purée (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Red Onion (S), Jalapenos (S) and Mozzarella (HExA)), and served with a Mixed Leaf Salad
- Shape 0% Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (0.5 Syns)

Other:
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)
- 5 x Weight Watchers Milk Chocolate Digestives (10 Syns)
- 2 x Chocolate Flying Saucer Sponges (2 Syns) topped with 1 x tsp. Choc Shot (0.5 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk & 45g Mozzarella
Healthy Extra B: 2 x Weetabix & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 14.5
Weekly Syns: 61.5 / 105

Last edited:
Oh your dinner sounds lush! Have you tried that before? Have a nice day off

Oh your dinner sounds lush! Have you tried that before? Have a nice day off

Thank you! Just laid around in bed at the moment eating my Weetabix and watching Jeremy Kyle lol :D

Never tried the meatzza yet, but saw a few pictures of it on IG the other week. When I googled it I found out it's from a Nigella recipe. So going to give a go, the SW way of course!

Yes I saw her do it but never tried it, always worried it was going to end up mush so will be interesting to see how yours works out.

Yes I saw her do it but never tried it, always worried it was going to end up mush so will be interesting to see how yours works out.

Ooh well I shall let you know!! :)

Morning Stevie, your dinner sounds delish! You definitely need to report back to us to tell us your verdict on it. Can't wait to see the pic on IG either, because I'm finding i hard to imagine what it will look like, haha.

Have another lovely da off :) xxx

Morning PS :p, your foodage sounds scrummy for today and super healthy, how are you feeling about weigh in tomorrow ? Me not so good after my blow out week, expecting anything between 2-4 lbs gain :rolleyes:, but will get straight back on the SW wagon after tomorrow to shed those extra pounds off ! :D

Kayxx

Back