The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Think I'll be trying the meatzza soon :) sounds gorgeous! And right up my street.

I am also one for giving goodies away, as long as they arnt in my house there's less temptation! We gave Christmas cake away and loads of chocs/biscuits x

It was good! And so easy to make. I just mixed 500g EL mince with about a teaspoon each of garlic granules, onion granules, mixed herbs, chilli flakes and soy sauce. I just mixed it all up as if I was making burgers with it, and then i rolled it out with a rolling pin just to try and make it a consistant thickness. I pressed it into a round silicone quiche mould and topped with tomato puree, peppers, mushrooms, onions, and jalapenos. But you could add any toppings you like - I have some sliced chorizo in the freezer, I might add that next time! Then I popped it into the oven for about 20 minutes. I took it out and drained the fat, then I took it out of the mould and just popped it onto a lined baking tray, as it had started to hold its shape by this point. Topped with the mozzarella and popped back in for a further 10-15 minutes.

I think next time I would leave out the mixed herbs in the base, but other than that it was lovely! Too big to put in a bun though - it came out about the size of an 8" pizza or so. I just had it on a plate with some mixed leaves and balsamic vinegar. Very filling! x

Meatzza sounds delish

Morning diary, happy Thursday. Well, Friday for me. No more work after today :D

Have to say, the scales are still not playing nicely. Hopped on again this morning and they are still showing a bloody maintain!! Grrr.

I'm keeping an SAS log this week, as well as my food diary. For those who have never used one before, it is basically a food diary but more in depth. Say, for example, you are having bolognese. You have to list every ingredient you used (mince, onion, peppers, mushrooms...etc.) and there are little tick boxes where you have to indicate whether the ingredient is a Free food, Healthy Extra, Syns, if you measured it accurately or just estimated, if you knew the Syn value before eating it, etc. You are also meant to write as soon as you bite - i.e. as soon as you have eaten something it should be written down. So I am keeping it with me at all times, it's tucked into the back of my food diary. It is just to keep a tighter check on everything that passes our lips, to make sure nothing is sneaking in without us realising. It also has a section where you note your aims for the day (what plan you're following, how many Syns you're aiming to use, etc.) and what could possibly sabotage your day, and the plans you are going to put into place to help avoid those danger areas. I have used them before and they are quite useful, so will fill that out each day.

Going for another Extra Easy day today. I am making the "Best Ever Bolognese" again from the "Family Feasts on a Budget" cookbook. I have made it once before and it was delicious! Going to have a portion with some pasta and salad tonight and then I will freeze what is left over for another time.

This is how today is looking...

Extra Easy

(S) = Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Apple (S) and Strawberries (SS)
- Watermelon (S)

Lunch:
- Ham Slices with Carrot (S) and Celery (S) Sticks and Tesco Healthy Living Cottage Cheese
- Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Dinner:
- Pasta with Bolognese (Extra Lean Mince, Onion (S), Mushrooms (S), Peppers (S), Carrot (S), Celery (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Tomato Purée (S)), Cheese (HExA) and a Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- Special K Dark Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuit (4 Syns)

Healthy Extra A:
40g Reduced Fat Cheddar
Healthy Extra B: 1 x Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 10 / 105

Last edited:
Also! I posted about this on Elle's diary yesterday, but I have been taking part in the "no makeup selfies" for Cancer Research.

Basically the idea is for ladies to "dare to bare" and take a photo of themselves without makeup, to get people talking and raise awareness of the charity. A bit like the fellas growing a tash for "Movember". Overall, the main intention is to raise lots of cash for a very deserving cause.

I have shared my "selfie" on FB and IG, but thought I would also share it on here. I don't wear makeup anyway, unless I am going out, but I wanted to help spread the word. Also donated £5 as the cause is one very close to my heart. I think I will actually donate again when I get paid next week. Anyway, here I am!

For those who have won their battle with cancer, for those who are still fighting, and for those we have sadly lost. We will never give up on you xx

Attachments

• freshfaced.jpeg
    freshfaced.jpeg
    84 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Stevie you look lovely! I have to admit I've seen this floating around on Facebook, but have a huge phobia of pictures of myself, so haven't done it (my avatar here was taken in 2010 and is the last picture I have of myself!) but have donated £1 for everyone I've seen on my news feed to try and make myself feel better about not doing it (£20 so far).
I'll admit I'm normally a bit skeptical about these FB campaigns, but this one really does seem to be doing something - Cancer Research have said donations have skyrocketed since Monday, isn't that brilliant!?
X

Oh Stevie you look lovely! I have to admit I've seen this floating around on Facebook, but have a huge phobia of pictures of myself, so haven't done it (my avatar here was taken in 2010 and is the last picture I have of myself!) but have donated £1 for everyone I've seen on my news feed to try and make myself feel better about not doing it (£20 so far).
I'll admit I'm normally a bit skeptical about these FB campaigns, but this one really does seem to be doing something - Cancer Research have said donations have skyrocketed since Monday, isn't that brilliant!?
X

Thank you hun! I totally understand people that don't want to do the selfies. We all have our insecurities and once upon of time I would never leave the house without makeup, let alone post a picture of my bare face to all sorts of social media sites! It's fab though that even those who are not taking part in the selfies have still kindly donated. You are very generous!

I feel really overwhelmed by it all actually. It's really heartwarming to see so many people pulling together and putting in so much effort towards helping such a great cause. As I say, it is one which is very close to my heart, having lost my Aunty June to cancer a few years ago and my poor grandad who is battling the disease as we speak. I think a lot of people have been affected by this and they genuinely want to do something to help. It's just fantastic. This article highlights just how much it really has taken the world of Facebook by storm! No make-up selfie photos to raise awareness for cancer take internet by storm | Mail Online xx

Morning Stevie.....................I am a survivor and proud of it...........................Thank you to all the supports of cancer research even though I had all my treatment here.

About you maintaining your weight. Have you thought it might be fluid retention, Try eating lots of pineapple ,celery, ginger, aubergine , onion,, asparagus and watermelon and parsley. It is dangerous to play around with diuretics but I think to do it with natural remedies is o.k. ie. what you eat. I eat a fair amount of the foods I have listed in any case.

You look beautiful without makeup !!!

hugs

Morning Stevie.....................I am a survivor and proud of it...........................Thank you to all the supports of cancer research even though I had all my treatment here.

About you maintaining your weight. Have you thought it might be fluid retention, Try eating lots of pineapple ,celery, ginger, aubergine , onion,, asparagus and watermelon and parsley. It is dangerous to play around with diuretics but I think to do it with natural remedies is o.k. ie. what you eat. I eat a fair amount of the foods I have listed in any case.

You look beautiful without makeup !!!

hugs

So you should be proud of it Sue, you are a fighter!! If only there were more survivors like yourself. I hope that one day, with all of the research taking place, we may find a cure for Cancer. I don't think it will be in my lifetime, but we cannot give up!!

Did wonder about fluid retention with my swimming / squats and also Mother Nature playing her usual tricks! I am trying to keep drinking lots of water and usually manage at least 2 litres per day. Also eat lots of onion but will try some more from your list too. You are always full of good advice and tips! I love pineapple and have actually got some watermelon here for my breakfast this morning. I had some asparagus last week for the first time in ages so I think I will try and get some more of that, and I also love celery - think I will pick some up at lunchtime and add it to my bolognese for tea tonight. Thank you!! xxx

Also! I posted about this on Elle's diary yesterday, but I have been taking part in the "no makeup selfies" for Cancer Research. Basically the idea is for ladies to "dare to bare" and take a photo of themselves without makeup, to get people talking and raise awareness of the charity. A bit like the fellas growing a tash for "Movember". Overall, the main intention is to raise lots of cash for a very deserving cause. I have shared my "selfie" on FB and IG, but thought I would also share it on here. I don't wear makeup anyway, unless I am going out, but I wanted to help spread the word. Also donated £5 as the cause is one very close to my heart. For those who have won their battle with cancer, for those who are still fighting, and for those we have sadly lost. We will never give up on you xx
Lovely photo Stevie....good cause too, now where's that makeup !!!!! xx

Last edited by a moderator:
You look lovely without make up Hun, natural beauty! Loads of people I know havnt posted their on FB, like the girls who NEED make up lol I think it's just a little bit of fun to raise awareness for a good cause x

Red

Brunch:
- WW Wholemeal Pitta (HExB) stuffed with Bacon, Mushrooms (S) and Cheese (HExA)

Dinner:
- Tesco Healthy Living Lime, Ginger and Chilli Chicken Breast (S) (0.5 Syns) and Vegetable (Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S) and Red Onion (S)) Skewers. Served with a Mixed Leaf Salad (S) and Roasted Butternut Squash (S)
- Strawberries (SS) topped with 1 x tsp. Choc Shot (0.5 Syns) and a Raspberry Danio (2.5 Syns)

Other:
- Original Soreen Lunchbox Loaf (4.5 Syns)
- Chocolate Orange HiFi (HExB)
- 12 x Asda Chosen By You Mini Marti's (6 Syns)
- 5 x Asda Chosen By You Flying Saucers (1 Syn)

Healthy Extra A:
30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: Weight Watchers Wholemeal Pitta & 1 x HiFi

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 25 / 105

Last edited:
Lovely selfie of you! I too did the no make up selfie and made a donation...every little helps! My Mum got the all clear just before Xmas from Cancer so it's close to my heart :)

Hi guys, happy Saturday. Have been pretty quiet on here and just wanted to let you all know why...

My grandad passed away on Thursday night. We got a phonecall, at about 6.30pm, from the nurse at the home he was in to say she was with him and it was all really quick. In the end it was heart failure that got him, and not the cancer. He passed peacefully in his sleep - one minute he was sound asleep snoring, and the next he just drifted off. It was exactly how we would have wanted him to go. No gasping for breath or suffering. It is sad for us all, to think that we will never see him again. But I am relieved for him. It has been so tough the last week or so and he has hated it, this is what he wanted and he got his wish. Plus, I know he will now be reunited with my nanna who he lost 25 years ago. As well as some of his brothers and sisters. So that gives me some comfort.

One thing I have been determined to do is to stay on plan, and not use this as a reason to go off the rails. I know my grandad was proud of me for losing this weight, and I want to continue to make him proud. Everything else is a bit out of my control at the moment, but this is the one thing I can stay in charge of.

Anyway, life must go on!

This is how today is looking. Will update with any extras as the day goes on...

Red

Brunch:
- Bacon, Scrambled Egg and Mushrooms (S)

Dinner:
- Roasted Butternut Squash (S) stuffed with Bolognese (EL Mince, Peppers (S), Mushrooms (S), Onion (S), Carrot (S), Celery (S), Chopped Tomatoes (S) and Tomato Puree (S)) and Cheese (HExA). Served with a Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (HExB)
- Special K Milk Chocolate Chewy Delight (HExB)
- 2 x 330ml bottles of Coors Light (11 Syns)
- 8 x Asda Chosen By You Mini Marti's (4 Syns)

Healthy Extra A:
30g Red Leicester
Healthy Extra B: 2 x HiFi Light & Special K Chewy Delight

Daily Syns: 15
Weekly Syns: 40 / 105

Last edited:
Hey Stevie, so sorry to hear about your Grandad. Such a shame :( there isn't anything I can say that can make you feel better but I know exactly how you feel.

Keep smiling gorgeous, he'll be looking down on you and he'll still be as proud as ever xxx

Back