The Princess Diaries ♥ 2014 will be the year I earn my crown (ok, Target badge)!

Hello! I'm a lurker, but really enjoy reading your diary.
You're doing so well, and even when you fall off plan you do amazingly well to get back on it!
I was wondering what you're insta gram name is? I'd like to follow!
I'm not too far from you either I don't think (I'm in middlesbrough). Keep up the great work, and here's to a positive week! Xxx

Thank you lovely! My IG name is stevielena_sw :)

And yes, not too far away! I quite often visit M'Boro actually. Love the shops there!

Thanks for visiting xxx

Wow, what a long day it's been today!! Got a busy night in store tonight too. I finish work in about 15 minutes, and then I'm going straight round to see my friend Katie. Haven't seen her for a little while and her hubby is working tonight. Warren's got fitness training, so it's the perfect excuse for us both to have a nice girly catch up.

Then it will be home to make my brothers tea for him getting in from the gym. He's 26 years old but my mam still does it for him lol! My mam and dad are away in Scotland until Thursday night though, so that jobs been left for me :rolleyes:

Also have my own tea to make. And must say I'm so looking forward to my risotto! It's a bit of an experiment and will just be a bit of a thrown together thing, but I'll see how it turns out. And then also want to make my big pan of broth for lunches this week.

Phew!! Hopefully after all of that I'll have time for a nice relaxing bath. And I've kept my HEx's for a nice milky coffee and HiFi bar to relax with when all is done.

I'm probably not going to be around between now and tomorrow morning. So enjoy your evening everyone xx

Thank you lovely! My IG name is stevielena_sw :) And yes, not too far away! I quite often visit M'Boro actually. Love the shops there! Thanks for visiting xxx

I'll add you now :)
See, I'm not a fan of our shops. I really love going to Newcastle (either the Metro Centre or seldom Square), I think they have soo much more choice xx

Evening PS, hope you well hun :). Thank you for your lovely message on my diary. We're both in the same frame of mind this week. We can turn this around ! Fingers crossed for both of us for next week. Hope this next week goes 100% on plan for both of us ! :D

Kay xx

Morning diary, happy Thursday. The weekend is almost upon us!!

I'm feeling really good this morning. It's amazing what just one single day on plan can do for you. I already feel tonnes less bloated and a lot less sluggish too. Also feeling a lot more positive and upbeat.

Have to say, my risotto last night was AMAZING!! I'm really into making risotto at the moment and keep experimenting with different flavour / ingredient combinations. Will definitely be making that one again though, so yummy!!

Also made my big pan of broth, it should do me about 5 lunches I'd say. Full of loads of SuperFree which should give me a nice boost. I love broth and can't wait for a nice big bowl for lunch!

My tummy is actually rumbling as I'm writing this and thinking about food. So I'm going to go and make myself my porridge for breakfast and a nice cuppa! Have popped into a few diaries this morning, but will continue working my way around after something to eat.

Have a great day everyone x

Extra Easy

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Oat So Simple Multigrain Fruit Muesli Porridge (HExB) made with Water. Topped with Raspberries (SS) and a sliced Banana

Lunch:
- Broth (Pearl Barley, Yellow Split Peas (S), Green Split Peas (S), Marrowfat Peas (S), Red Split Lentils (S), Carrot (S), Leek (S), Parsnip, Onion (S) and Bacon)
- Raspberries (SS)

Dinner:
- Hotpot made with 100g Princes Lean Corned Beef (2 Syns), Potatoes, Onion (S) and a Knorr Beef Stock Pot. Served with Vegetables (Carrots (S), Broccoli (S), Green Beans (S), Sweetcorn and Peas (SS))

Other:
- Apple (S)
- Mini MaltEaster Bunny (3 Syns)
- Coffee made up with Milk (HExA)

Healthy Extra A: 250ml Semi Skimmed Milk
Healthy Extra B: Sachet of Oat So Simple Multigrain Fruit Muesli Porridge

Daily Syns: 5
Weekly Syns: 8 / 105

Last edited:
The risotto looked amazing on IG!

Mmmm your food for sounds sounds to die for!!! Can you come and cook for me please Stevie :) haha

Have a great day xxx

To think that I couldn't even boil an egg before starting Slimming World, look at me now!! I posted the pic of my risotto on our groups FB page and even my consultant commented on how far my cooking has come. When I first joined I remember practically living on savoury rice, mug shots, etc. Now I actually really love cooking. There's nothing better than making a load of lovely fresh ingredients into a tasty meal. It's a sense of achievement!

Have to admit I am excited about my food today. It's proper hearty, comforting food. Porridge, broth and hotpot. Mmmmm xx

Love your motivation to get back on track Stevie! I'm falling behind, was aiming for 1lb a week from now till my holiday, i've had 13 weigh ins and only lost 8.5lb. I'm still sticking to it though and i'm still confident. Fingers crossed!

Hot pot is one of my favourite meals in the world! I didn't even realise they did lean corned beef. Trip to the shops in order this weekend I think!!!!
Well done for getting back on it this week. I feel better too for staying on plan yesterday!

Love your motivation to get back on track Stevie! I'm falling behind, was aiming for 1lb a week from now till my holiday, i've had 13 weigh ins and only lost 8.5lb. I'm still sticking to it though and i'm still confident. Fingers crossed!

I'm behind schedule with my target / birthday goal too. I have 15.5lb to lose but only 13 more WI's until my birthday. But hey, all we can do is try xx

To think that I couldn't even boil an egg before starting Slimming World, look at me now!! I posted the pic of my risotto on our groups FB page and even my consultant commented on how far my cooking has come. When I first joined I remember practically living on savoury rice, mug shots, etc. Now I actually really love cooking. There's nothing better than making a load of lovely fresh ingredients into a tasty meal. It's a sense of achievement!

Have to admit I am excited about my food today. It's proper hearty, comforting food. Porridge, broth and hotpot. Mmmmm xx

Lol I'm the same as you! Never really cooked before slimming world. Love it now! Getting a proper little housewife! Can't wait to get moved out this weekend and once we're all sorted and decorated I can really get stuck into making what I want! X

Woop! Morning diary. I am in such a good mood this morning. It's Friday, the weekend is literally just hours away and the sun is shining!! What more could you ask for :D

Not doing anything particularly exciting tonight, but it will just be nice to be finished work for a couple of days. This has been my first full week back at work, 5 days!!! Actually it has not been too bad, considering I'd gotten quite used to 3 and 4 day weeks! The next two are short weeks though, with the bank holidays, so that will be nice. Anyway, me and Warren will just be having a cosy night tonight. And probably the rest of the weekend too!

Well, have a lovely day everyone xx

Extra Easy

(S)
= Speed (SS) = SuperSpeed

Breakfast:
- Caffe Nero Cappuccino made with Skimmed Milk (1.5 Syns) and a shot of Sugar Free Hazelnut Syrup (1 Syn)
- Dorset Cereals Simply Fruity Muesli (HExB) topped with Raspberries (SS) and a Strawberry Danio (1 Syn)

Lunch:
- Broth (Pearl Barley, Yellow Split Peas (S), Green Split Peas (S), Marrowfat Peas (S), Red Split Lentils (S), Carrot (S), Leek (S), Parsnip, Onion (S) and Bacon)
- Raspberries (SS)

Dinner:
- Jacket Potato topped with Tuna Crunch (Tuna (S), Red Onion (S), Peppers (S) and 2 x tbsp. Lighter Than Light Mayo (1 Syn)) and served with a Mixed Leaf Salad (S)

Other:
- Bottle of Blossom Hill Vie 5.5% Rose Wine (19.5 Syns) with Soda Water
- 3 x Weight Watchers Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (6 Syns)
- Mini bar of Green and Blacks Milk Chocolate (4 Syns)
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)

Healthy Extra A: Didn't have one!
Healthy Extra B: 40g Dorset Cereals Simply Fruity Muesli

Daily Syns: 37
Weekly Syns: 45 / 105

Last edited:
Hi Stevie, here to sub, will catch up later when I am on the laptop.

Just followed you on IG and was wondering what kind of w/i scales you have? I need to get new scales, and your's look snazzy (compared to mine, anything would look good!)

Hi Stevie, here to sub, will catch up later when I am on the laptop.

Just followed you on IG and was wondering what kind of w/i scales you have? I need to get new scales, and your's look snazzy (compared to mine, anything would look good!)

Hello lovely, thanks for stopping by!

My scales are nothing fantastic, but I do like that they measure you to the nearest .2 of a lb. They go up by .2 .4 .6 and .8, so they are really quite precise. I got them so long ago that I can't remember where they were from, but they weren't expensive. Maybe only £20 or something. I am thinking I probably got them somewhere like Argos, Wilkinsons, £Stretcher or somewhere similar.

Have a great Friday xx

Thanks! I might spend a bit of time online tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Our scales fluctuate wildly at times, DH lost 4 lbs within 10 seconds last week, so I think they're for the bin.

Thanks! I might spend a bit of time online tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Our scales fluctuate wildly at times, DH lost 4 lbs within 10 seconds last week, so I think they're for the bin.

Blimey, that would be nice wouldn't it! To wave goodbye to 4lb in seconds lol. If only :D

I had a look for some scales the other day and I'm pretty sure from looking at previous photos and after you saying about Wilko's they look pretty similar to a set on there website. Hope that helps?! I'm starting to wonder if part of my problem is the fact we live in an old house with very uneven floors... My scales are always saying different things.

Your day looks yummy, I did home-made nando's for the first time last night. Was yummy! I bought the frozen corn on the cob from tesco, really handy.

Back