The rambles of a corseted baby on a motorbike

Going good. I'm missing a few Hex bs and could do with upping the superfree a bit more, we'll see how it goes on the scales on Wednesday :)

We've got a taster session in group, looking forward to it

xx
Is today your last online day?
xx

It was yesterday so with me goin away this weekend and working the weekend after, I'll be joining group on 22nd, quite excited actually, lol xx

guys i'm so sorry I've been missing. I hadn't realised how long it had been.

Very long story..... needless to say DS1 was involved and my new meds are really playing havoc with me.

I've have been as good as good can be and have dropped another 6lbs over the last 2 weeks, pretty pleased with that.

I'm working towards my non scale goal of my besties Hen party in april. The theme has been set and my outfit is on route. I've bought a size 18 and i'm all fingers crossed that I will be in it by party time. If not then I could be in a mess and wearing something out of the wardrobe. I'm lucky that it was my theme suggestion that got the final seal of approval and I already have quite a few of that type of dress in my arsenal already. Still an excuse to buy a new dress though :).

I will post a picture nearer the time (if I get in it). When it does arrive i'm putting it on the front of my wardrobe so I can see it every time I open my eyes and keeps me motivated.

On an other note I am just 4lbs from my club 10 award. If I do it this week then I will be on target for my stone a month that I set myself on new years day. I well aware that as I get smaller the losses will get less but as i'm so uber competitive I need to keep it in my head as I go about my business

I promise I will be around more this week.

xx

Well hello there stranger,

Sorry you've had a busy time of it but well done on your losses, that's amazing. You really are an inspiration.

Ohhhh, what is the theme? Are you allowed to tell?

How fabulous to hear that you're ok!! I was worrying that you may have fallen off the wagon and I'm super pleased to hear that you've done the opposite and had a fantastic loss!!! Well done you!!!
You will get into that dress without doubt - you've got the determination! :)

Well hello there stranger,

Sorry you've had a busy time of it but well done on your losses, that's amazing. You really are an inspiration.

Ohhhh, what is the theme? Are you allowed to tell?

Cheers chick let. i'm currently working my way through what I've missed on your thread.

The theme........well.........I guess I could tell but ...............its a secret:ignore:....... oh go on then..... 'rockabilly/50's chic' all very glam. I've arranges some 50's inspired cakes and drinks for before we go out.... perfect excuse to wear one of my corsets under my dress hee hee hee. I'm even going to push the boat out and wear my traditional ruffled knick knacks and seamed stockings lol.

just got to practice my hair now. Its got so long i'm getting really narked off with it. I'm on the verge of taking some scissors to it!!!

xx

Thanks steph. I'm hoping it arrives today so I can try it and see how much work I've got to do. It was the perfect opportunity to buy new handbag, new shoes, new jewellery ect... so with so much outlay my OH will kill me if I don't make it lol xx

Cheers chick let. i'm currently working my way through what I've missed on your thread.

The theme........well.........I guess I could tell but ...............its a secret:ignore:....... oh go on then..... 'rockabilly/50's chic' all very glam. I've arranges some 50's inspired cakes and drinks for before we go out.... perfect excuse to wear one of my corsets under my dress hee hee hee. I'm even going to push the boat out and wear my traditional ruffled knick knacks and seamed stockings lol.

just got to practice my hair now. Its got so long i'm getting really narked off with it. I'm on the verge of taking some scissors to it!!!

xx

My diary is pretty boring.

Ohhhh that sounds fab, where are you off out to? I love the way your taking it it to the extreme and wearing frilly knickers, lol.

My diary is pretty boring.

Ohhhh that sounds fab, where are you off out to? I love the way your taking it it to the extreme and wearing frilly knickers, lol.

We are out in Manchester I think.

With any theme with me its got to be all or nothing lol.

i'm shocked by all the weird stuff I have hidden in my wardrobe!!!

xx

We are out in Manchester I think.

With any theme with me its got to be all or nothing lol.

i'm shocked by all the weird stuff I have hidden in my wardrobe!!!

xx

I'm intrigued by what wierd things ypu could possibly have in there, lol.

Are you from Manchester? Xx

Originally yea!! live just outside now lol. In the sticks don't you know. I swear the trauma of moving a town girl to the countryside is not a pretty sight lol xx

I have just posted this on another thread that I subscribe too and thought i'd lay it out here too for prosperity

Talking about perception.-

So many people think that if you are fat its because your lazy! and that all you need to do is stop eating big massive fatty portions of rubbish and eat healthy!!
Dur.......if it was that easy we wouldn't have got fat in the first place.

Getting to the size we are / was is a very personal thing. I've done lots of thinking and soul searching on this. One of my bosses passed a comment last week that made me think deeper. He said 'but you don't eat loads, I just thought that this is how your ment to be' Bless him. in his own way he was trying to be kind and supportive.

I eat alone..... usually in the car where nobody can make me answer for it. I spent years of my childhood being bullied at school and ignored at home. I wonder if I became this size to be noticed!
In life i'm always the one that puts maximum effort into things, sort out stuff that nobody else thinks of, organises the best doo's. The life and the souls of it, but when it comes to thanks and praise i'm usually at the back of the queue and they always run out before they get to me. Its heart breaking. I don't really do the things I do to get anything more then satisfaction out of it, but it would be nice just once to feel appreciated.
How do I react? I eat. I 'treat' myself to a mcdonalds, kfc, pizza, subway to cheer me up. Also when i'm stressed I starve (unintentionally) and then binge.

Here is an example of a recent event - i'm part of a ladies dart team, have been for over 8 years. I'm usually the one that has to step up when the captain and vice are away, do the book, sort the football card, ring in the results ect. When I had my last baby I got a few well wishes on facebook from a few of them but nothing else, even having been rushed back into hospital with a DVT and PEB. When my friend also on the team had her son 6 months later she got cards, presents, vouchers!!! sucks!!! but it gets worse.
I was very ill in September and had to have surgery and then rushed back in with complications, I was seriously ill for weeks. I missed signing on for the current season. Not one of them bothered to get the forms to me to sign up. My own mother is on the team and even she didn't say anything ( 2 years ago i'd signed her up because she was away) !! When I was finally well enough to go to a match the vice actually said ' you cant play, your not signed on, We thought you weren't bothering anymore' FFS!!!!! as a side issue not one of them had bothered with me for the 3 months i'd been ill, even to ask if I was coming out for darts. Flip to another girl on the team that was hospitalised in june for gastroenteritis, I got a message asking for £5 towards her get well flowers and present from the team. Needless to say I never saw any flowers at my hospital bedside!

There are loads of these in my life. they always lead me down a self loathing path, 'why don't they like me? what have I done wrong? why do I get treated like this?' in reality its them not me but I sure as hell cant see it from here at times.

I've just thought of another dart one. One girl is getting married in July and the invites have come out for her hen do. I've responded and paid my money over for the weekend away at the races. NOT one of the others on the team has bothered. Luckily for me I know most of the other girls that are going through other means so i'm happy to share with any of them. Just goes to show, don't it. Anyway Hen has rung me to check that i'm ok with it (nice of her) and to ask how i'm doing and if i'd had my biopsy yet (still nice of her) and to ask me if she should be worried about the weekend? they haven't organised anything horrific for her? because she trusts me to know where the line should be drawn (the real reason for the call). Funny this is coming from the woman that mooned the car behind us at the last wedding I went to!!!

Oh well, I feel that this purge has been very useful

xx

Hey
Really honest and brave of you to write all of the above down. I can relate to so much of it!!
People can be infuriating at times can't they??

I've found that as I've lost weight, I've changed and to be honest I've reevaluated some of my friendships and associates. Before, when I was bigger, I put on a bit of an act. At socials, I'd be the one who got outrageously drunk and adopted the 'I don't give a sh*t' attitude. This kept everyone entertained and meant that if there was a night out, people would look to me to make sure it was a good one!

As I lost weight, strangely I became more self conscious. I didn't want to look like a fool- I didn't want to use my weight as a front if you like and many people started thinking I was boring. Sometimes I choose not to drink because I wanted a good week on plan or I was a bit skint and people started *****ing about me!

Now over the last few months or so, I've reevaluated some of my friendships. I'm happier in myself- god I used to moan constantly- about anything! Now I don't have anything to moan about because I'm happy. Was I happy before?? No!!! The difference is, people thought I was happy then because I put on a front. Now that I am actually happy, they think I'm miserable or no fun any more!

Sometimes we clear out clothes because we don't like them anymore or we redecorate because a room is looking a bit shabby and could do with a new look. We might get a new at because we no longer like the one we have. Some people have a change in career and do what their heart is telling them to do. So, I don't think it's a bad thing to consider changing the people we associate with. Surround ourselves with people who appreciate us, who support us and who make us feel good about ourselves.

I'm sorry for the massive post, it just hit a nerve with me the way the darts people have treated you. Well done on getting it out of your system- I feel better just relating to it!!
X

Thanks Steph. Some wise words in your post. I find myself sitting back and watching people a lot more then I did. Listening to how the talk not just what they are saying. It has opened my eyes wide. I know the people I want to keep close and with that I'm happy. A year can pass and I don't see my bestie. Maybe a few texts around birthdays and chrimbo but I know if I needed her she'd come running and woe betide anyone that gets her way!!! As we have aged we have rationalised our need for wine !!!!

Well I arrived home last night to a pile of packages. Inside were my outfit and accessories for the hen party. The size 18 dress is so beautiful and despite ds3 saying I was too big for it (sent straight to bed!) it fit. Bit tight over the ladies but it fits!!! I had a good look at myself in the mirror and liked what I saw. I didn't feel like I saw a fat person in the mirror. It was more like, wow that looks really good!!

Shoes, handbag and accessories look ace too. Very pleased xxx

Well I arrived home last night to a pile of packages. Inside were my outfit and accessories for the hen party. The size 18 dress is so beautiful and despite ds3 saying I was too big for it (sent straight to bed!) it fit. Bit tight over the ladies but it fits!!! I had a good look at myself in the mirror and liked what I saw. I didn't feel like I saw a fat person in the mirror. It was more like, wow that looks really good!!

Shoes, handbag and accessories look ace too. Very pleased xxx

Wow, well done on it fitting now. When is the do again? You've got time to make it fit perfectly. We want pictures when you're all dolled up on the day xx

Wow, well done on it fitting now. When is the do again? You've got time to make it fit perfectly. We want pictures when you're all dolled up on the day xx
its the beginning of April, so about 6 weeks to do some more hard work lol xx
Pictures i'm not sure about. Whenever i think i look ok, i look at any pictures that have been taken and think 'yuk, i look a mess' therefore i hide next time the camera comes out. There are very few pictures of me, especially with my boys. Its a shame really :(

Back