The ramblings of a Cheeky Pasterfield

ooh, I've not had greggs for ages, I love their baguettes.

You'll be fine as long as you are on track for the rest of the week x

Weigh in was a big fat 1.5 lb gain. Ive gained a total 4lbs in 2 weeks and crickey I'm shocked how easy it's happened :(

From now on I'm going to post the scales picture too

1423724431261.jpg

Well time to draw a line and find my mojo

This week is

Fast - Thursday and Monday
Non Fast - Eat sensibly
Exercise - At least 5 times
Walking - Keep up with the 10,000

Time to get back on track

Tbh if I was weighing tomo I would have put on 2lbs I estimate from fri-mon appalling eating. I think at best when I weigh in next week I can hope for a pound loss but even then that will only happen if I basically live like a saint between now and next week :-(

I hate how easily weight goes on

I'll do a fast day with you on Monday xx

I do know it's also food as I weighed in with my friend last night and I was lighter lol

I'm also not showing the gain on my tummy so I'm hoping it's just a fluctuation.

I guess it must be really hard when you're away.

You're super focused Cat you'll do it

I just want to learn better control without having to count every blooming calorie on Non Fast days

image-1702738248.jpg

Aww no bless you xx Get straight back on that wagon and whip its ass :D

Right I've decided I'm going to stop doing the 5:2.

I absolutely love the fast days but im not good on the Feast Days. After all these years I still haven't learnt how to eat properly :( and if I have to use calorie counting as the control then that just fills me with dread. That was the whole attraction with the 5:2.

I actually looked at the scales today, reflected how I've been emotionally and I thought why am I do this to myself? The 5:2 diet is fantastic but I fast then binge and only feel better when I reach another fast. I feel like I'm on a roller coaster and dieting is making me miserable and my confidence is low.

With this I am also finding that I'm not eating as well as I did on SW and even though the 2lb losses were fabulous, emotionally I'm a wreck. I just end up feeling guilty with what I eat on Feast Days then I feel like cr@p. Least with SW I didn't have that issues.

I know there's hurdles with SW and for me it's the fast food restaurants but I'm going to have to learn to deal with it. Least with SW i have the option to flexi the day.

So that's decided :) feel really nervous but I need to look after myself far more emotionally than just losing weight

I think the key thing is to find something that works for you, if 5:2 isn't working then trying something else is deffo the best thing to do.

I had similar problems with 5:2 and have found that plain old cc'ing is what works for me.

You know you can do it, you just need to find the right plan that fits your lifestyle and if the discipline of a structured diet is the one then you'll nail it x

Hiya Hun,

Sw sounds a good plan, like Becky I find CC works best for me but it's finding the right plan that you can stick to long term, I'm so tempted at the moment to try one of meal replacements diet but know I'm more likely to fall off track and then struggle to start again.

Looking at your stats you don't have that much to lose, I know you can do it x

Really glad you have thought through your options and although you may face obstacles like you said you can pretty much eat what you want on SW within good reason xx I find SW great for that as CC was always too restrictive for me :D

nothing wrong with a change of direction. 5:2 only works for me because I am so disciplined on my 2 fast days, and don't see the other days as feast days - I just eat healthily but up the calories a bit.

I have treat days on the weekend, but where I stumble and I think this would happen with any diet I pick is sugar. I don't even have a particularly sweet tooth but my god once I start I can't stop. I worked it out that I would probably be at goal weight if it wasn't for my sugar binges over the last 8 months. That is ridiculous. So once again sugar totally banned until I can figure out a way to actually eat it.

Are you going to go back to class with slimming world ? Why is fast food restaurants a problem ? a treat once in a while is ok isn't it ?

Hiya everyone :)

Thank you for your messages

Cat - Fast Food restaurants are a problem because they are usually a weekly thing in our house and on SW nearly 95% of the menu is super high on syns.

I am really nervous doing SW and I am having second thoughts as to whether it is right but ill try it for a week and see how I go x

Back