The real reason i wanted to loose weight

warmapple

A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with OSA (sleep apnea) I am a very stubborn person and I refused to believe I had this. There was no way I was gonna wear a mask to make me sleep.

So what I did was set about ways to cure my snoring. I tried every position possible, nose strips, snoring guards, sprays etc. Nothing worked.

While I was searching I noticed over weigh kept being mentioned for me this was the last resort as I was happy with my life style.

In February this year circumstances changed in my life and I decided to go backpacking in Australia. There was just one thing holding me back.. My snoring!! This was a huge problem as I wanted to stop in hostels sharing a room with 8 or more strangers!

So I had one more thing to try, obviously i tried all the fad diets etc but I was not getting the results I wanted and I was running out of time :(

In August I joined a gym and started just to watch what i ate. I have now lost 16lb not only do i have no clothes that fit me anymore :D I DO NOT snore any more.!!!!!!!!!

I am sat listening to a recording of myself sleeping that i made last night :)

Now i cant wait to loose my next 16 i am sooooooooooooo happy!! Australia here i come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian

xxxxxxxxx

well mate we are behind u in getting there. Small steps done every day will lead to a good distance of achievement. You knows what u wants now go and get it. Keep mentally prepared as to your task, measure your progress with small achieveable goals. best wishes

Well done, thats a fantastic story - my ex used to get really annoyed by my snoring and I still get a little nervous when sleeping in the same room as someone. Have a fantastic time in Oz!

Well done Ian, good luck on losing the pounds and have a good time backpacking. :)

That's amazing! Well done to you and hope it all goes well! :)

Have a great time!

Well done Ian :)

Thank you everyone.

I found out the other day that I have lost a lot more than i realized. At work on January the 1st we decided we were going to have a competition at work to see who could loose the most weigh. We wrote down the figures when we first got weighed and I was 18 stone 10lb so I have actually lost 3 stone 6lb!

woohoo!

Back