The Reluctant Runner

dublinrose

Well here I am back again, my last diary didn't go too well so starting over.

About me: 35, mum of two, always been overweight, about 3 stone to lose. I did do WW, SW and all the other diets but have decided now to just focus on a combination of eating well and doing exercise

So I have a 6 day plan alternating the Couch to 5k and a 6k walk with one rest day a week. I'm repeating the weeks on the c25k so doing it over 18 weeks rather than the original nine, I just feel with all the walking I need the extra time.

Been doing it a month now and still sticking to it so I feel safe starting a diary :D I got a copy of Run Fat ***** Run by Ruth Field a few weeks back and even though I have run before its really made me look at things differently. I'm now determined to get to the end of the c25k finally!

Started Week 4 last night, I was really worried about it because Week 4 is the first week to be made up of mostly running. Its a 3min jog, 1.5min walk, 5min jog, 2.5min walk and then repeat.

I am proud to say I did the runs although I had to take a break during the last 5 min run. I did extend one or two of the walks though by about 30 seconds just to get my breathe back but I did the running and thats what counts. Really chuffed with myself. Any time I have tried this plan I have always come a cropper on week 4. So all in all looking good. Did my 6k walk today and feeling good. Roll on tomorrow and another run.

Day 2 of Week 4 done, good timing too, its now lashing out of the heavens here. Today's run was a little bit better than the first one, I managed to do the first three sections without having to stop but the last 5 minute run is still giving me a hard time, I had to stop for about a minute halfway through because of the worst stitch ever :) But I'll get there, I'm really happy with how the run went overall, I can feel myself getting fitter and stronger and its only a matter of time until I can do the entire 5k

Back