The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

But I am - a bit down I mean. It's just hard to stay motivated. I have all these mad crash diet thoughts coursing through my brain; i know thats not the answer but I am fed up with the struggle. Which is very whiny of me and when I see how others on here are achieving I feel bad.
It is now just 7 weeks to the cruise; I was hoping to be so much lighter and I'm not.
Seriously wondering if I should do 7 weeks of calorie counting and see what I can achieve. At the same time I think about the effects of the tablets and think 'whats the bloomin' point'. Hmmm, no pleasing me at the moment!

:( Awww Barb, don't feel too down, and your not being whiny at all. You just need to let it out thats all and we are here to listen. ;) Your tablets make your life so much better, you have said it before so there is really no question about carrying on taking them. It will be harder for you to lose weight, all you can do is make healthy choices with your food and throw in a bit of exercise. If you do that then really should lose something at least a little at a time.

Cheer up, I know its hard but by trying to be a little lighter in your mood can really help.

Love Gemma
xx

Thanks Clarri and Gemma, I know you are right, slow but sure is the way but it is soooooooooo slow! I know why and I agree Gemma, there is no way I would be so daft to stop the tablets but it is the cruise that has me panicking a bit! Still I mustn't be silly, we are going to have a wonderful time whatever I weigh!

You are so right Clarri! half a stone would be great!

Had a bit of a mad weekend and it really got me thinking. Went to a wedding party, failed to eat before going, drank far, far too much and made a complete twit of myself! Really cross with myself and it made me think that alcohol is really doing me no favours at all. Without food it is a complete disaster. So, have made a big decision, giving it up almost entirely. Week days none at all and at the weekend spritzers(mainly sparkling water with just a dash of wine) if I really fancy 'joining in'. Thats it, i've had enough of stuffing myself with these empty calories. No wonder I struggle to lose weight. i did a rough add up of my cals for last week and I consumed at least 3500 in wine. That is a whole lb of extra weight. it also means if I don't have it I could lose a lb without worrying too much on the food front. 6.5 weeks to the cruise, I could easily drop another half stone.
I feel very firm about this, I am shocked at myself and how I let the vino effect me. No More!

Damn that alcohol. It really is empty calories isnt it. I did the same last night, less than half bottle wine, then bout 6 vodka and diet cokes, not awful but still empty calories, and if I had been in beer garden I would have prob smoked again (gave up last oct), and ate food. But thankfully I didnt.
You are right to cut back if it is part of your life regularly. It isnt in mine thankfully!!
Best of luck on your journey, You can do this.
xxx

Hey Barb, sounds like you are making a good decision there. Alcohol is a nasty calorie monster :mad: and its not really needed, so good for you. It may really make all the difference to you, I hope it does. ;)

Ohhh you must be getting so excited about your cruise now, not long. And even if the weight-loss might not be what you expect I am sure you will have a wonderful time. But keep going and you can lose half a stone, I'm rooting for you. :)

Love Gemma
xx

Thanks Gemma, it is so encouraging of you to keep popping in, much appreciated. You are so right, these empty cals are doing me no favours and definately hindering my chance of weight loss.
I have lost another lb this week so am very pleased but hope that next week, without the dreaded alch, I will do even better. Watch this space, with just 6 weeks to the cruise I am getting very excited and I know that every lb off will make a difference.

Thanks Clarri, I am really chuffed. I feel like with 6 weeks to go I can still make a real difference. I want to feel healthier and stronger, it's not really just the looks/size thing it's that I notice how quickly I tire compared with other people, how my back aches if I have to stand for long. That kind of thing. I know that every lb off will make my life a tiny bit easier and then they will add up and eventually make a big difference!

I think I've had a light bulb moment. I have realised how much harm the wine etc.. has been doing. After three days with none at all I feel sooooooooo much better. How scary is that? I feel alert, positive, energetic and well. I never feel like that in the mornings. it's not that I go to bed every night absolutely slaughtered but I hardly ever go to bed without at least a couple of glasses of wine. Often more. That habit is now being broken, permanently. I like this new in control feeling and I'm hanging onto it.

Know how you feel. I stopped the "couple of glasses" in the evenings about a year ago, due to developing a sensitivity to alcohol, so I am v careful about what I drink now.
I bet you see a great loss this week.
xxx

Thanks Clarri - fingers crossed, I am feeling very positive and very determined!

Yay, another 1lb off Barb, thats brilliant. I am so pleased for you. :D I knew you could do it. I am glad that you are feeling a lot better too and more determined, good for you hun. And well done for cutting out the alcohol thats great, I'm proud if you. ;)

See you in a few days when I come back from my holiday, in the mean time, just keep being fabulous. :D

Love Gemma
xxx

Thanks Gemma, I'll try!

On my 6th 'no alch' day and last night was the first time I was tempted, but i'm determined, so no I didn't indulge! Very pleased with myself. Probably ate more but just thought at least i am not drinking another 500cals on top, so that has to be progress!

Well STS, which is a bit annoying. Have been really good on the alch front so feel very pleased about that and to be fair I think my GP's original thought that I could only expect to lose 1-2lbs a month is probably frighteningly accurate. Still, I am losing a little and I'm not gaining, that is progress! I feel healthier too without the alch and I think that is fab!

Hey you. You are not gaining weight you are only losing it, so thats a great thing, you should give yourself a pat on the back. An although its a slightly slower journey for you, it is still happening. ;) Its great to hear that you are feeling healthier too and resisting the alcohol, brilliant. Things are only going to get better.

Take care Barb.
Gemma
xx

Well, I've had an ok week and 1 more lb has gone. Can already feel the pull of the holiday, less than 4 weeks to go now and getting seriously excited. Had a tricky week mood wise last week but feel much better now.

Back