The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Listen to your body Barb - it's clearly asking for some TLC and for you to go easy on it. You're so like me ... we can't just sit and be calm and let things be :)

Sorry to hear you have not been feeling good. Ofsted is enough to make anyone feel bad so stressful.
And love your positive attitude
Irene xx

Thanks Debbie and Irene, nice to know you two are keeping an eye on me. I am taking it easy, sitting down jobs, like I've just turfed out my desk and can actually see where everything is! Very pleasing!

My attitude weight loss wise remains calm. I feel like my head is accepting where I am without pushing me to improve all the time. I really feel that my eating habits are improving and my xtrainer is going to help on the exercise front. If thats not enough - tough, no more diet martyrdom for me!

Your diary thread is such a breath of fresh air Barb! :)

Cor, thanks Debbie, thats really nice to hear.

Feeling a bit better today. Took Ozzie for a nice walk in the woods yesterday afternoon and that did me good, so back on the xtrainer today.

Just had a cup of tea and a toasted tea-cake, yum! I'm having one most mornings and they keep me going for hours! They aren't too calorific and feel liek a real treat. I'm not a breakfast person at all but I find I can eat a tea cake, so why not? The ones from waitrose are really fruity so with not too much butter I reckon they are a good start to the day. I definately have less desire to nibble when I've had one.

Oh, perhaps I should create ' the teacake' diet! One teacake for breakfast and lunch and a low cal meal in the evening, lose weight fast! Ok, I'm getting carried away, probably should be!!

Anyway, here's to a good dieting day all round.

Hmmm - like the sound of the Teacake diet :D

The teacake diet is going very well. I am ringing the changes with biscuits/wine/peanuts so well balanced and healthy! ( well there are currents and raisins in the teacakes and grapes in the wine and peanuts are very nutritious i'm sure!
Not expecting much in the way of weight loss but feel pretty good!

Off to see David Essex in Aspects of Love tonight - last saw him in concert 32 years ago!!!!! Wonder which of us has changed the most?????

Wine & teacakes as part of your 'five a day' ... lol

Have a fab time seeing David Essex - I remember going to the pictures to see him in 'Stardust' (showing my age now) :)

The teacake diet is going very well. I am ringing the changes with biscuits/wine/peanuts so well balanced and healthy! ( well there are currents and raisins in the teacakes and grapes in the wine and peanuts are very nutritious i'm sure!
Not expecting much in the way of weight loss but feel pretty good!

Off to see David Essex in Aspects of Love tonight - last saw him in concert 32 years ago!!!!! Wonder which of us has changed the most?????

I love that post, totally cracked me up :D:D

Hope you had a fab night.

Jem xx

Pleased to report that David Essex is indeed still VERY yummy. Good show, bit lengthy and ALL singing with the only recognisable song being ' love changes everything'. Good though, glad to have seen it but not one I would see again unlike Cats etc...

Glad you like the new 'teacake' diet Jem - I thought I'd launch it for all the celebs to follow- they'll try anything usually. Could make my fortune (Barb disappears stage left rubbing her hands together at the thought of all the dosh!)

In the real world Barb has hurt her back trying to hang onto her car door - need to get on that xtrainer so hope I can. Up to 6mins at a time now!

Quick add on - just done 7 mins on xtrainer! Wahoo, that is really impressive - distance showed 1.6miles so thats not bad either.

Interesting thing is, before I went on it I was sat cuddling Ozzie and my mind was turning to nibbles. I was really close to getting up and finding a biscuit or two. Now I am thinking in terms of making a healthy butternut squash soup for lunch. Amazing effect, must take note and do more exercise, it really does make a difference.

I've been craving toasted teacakes for two days now, you are entirely to blame! :cool: Mmm, butternush squash soup for lunch sounds good too!

xx

Now look here Jem, I have pointed out the incredible nutritional value of tea-cakes, so don't crave, have one. After all, you must make sure you get your 5 a day (teacakes thats is!!)

The soup is going to be fab, it's bubbling away at the moment and in a while I will blitz it with my blitzy machine and then enjoy a nice bowlful. Yum.

Love

Now look here Jem, I have pointed out the incredible nutritional value of tea-cakes, so don't crave, have one. After all, you must make sure you get your 5 a day (teacakes thats is!!)

The soup is going to be fab, it's bubbling away at the moment and in a while I will blitz it with my blitzy machine and then enjoy a nice bowlful. Yum.

Love

Can't decide between a tea cake or an apple and cinnamon hot cross bun from M&S!!

I made a vast quantity of spicy butternut squash soup last week and froze it (god, I sound like a domestic goddess!) so might have to pop home for a big bowl!!

xx

I love Butternut squash! I made BS soup what seems like donkey's years ago (before I moved over to CD veggie; drab in comparison). Maybe I'll have another go.

Well done on the Xtrainer Barb. I haven't been back to the gym yet but I have a major English Language exam tomorrow and have to get as much swotting in as possible (that's why I'm procrastinating on here of course!)

RD - get on with it you little monkey, exam study does not do it self!

Jem - that is a tough choice - I love that fruity bread with the apple ect.. yummy toasted or not! Glad I'm not the only nutty soup maker on here! DH has man flu so had a big bowl of soup for lunch and I swear he looks better already!

I bought some leeks the other day so will make some leek and potato soup too; I love soups, they are so comforting/good for you/homely etc.. and Jem, I reckon you are a domestic goddess and judging by your pics, a bit fo a goddess generally. You really are looking great!

Love

RD - get on with it you little monkey, exam study does not do it self!

Jem - that is a tough choice - I love that fruity bread with the apple ect.. yummy toasted or not! Glad I'm not the only nutty soup maker on here! DH has man flu so had a big bowl of soup for lunch and I swear he looks better already!

I bought some leeks the other day so will make some leek and potato soup too; I love soups, they are so comforting/good for you/homely etc.. and Jem, I reckon you are a domestic goddess and judging by your pics, a bit fo a goddess generally. You really are looking great!

Love

Thanks! Look more bedraggled than goddess today!

I've spent the last few sunday afternoons doing a cooking/freezing fest (my bf thinks I've been possesed!) I find that if I can get something healthy out of the freezer to bung in the oven, I'm far more inclined to eat well and avoid the naughty stuff! I've working my way through the idiot proof diet cookery book....if you ever need low carb recipes, check it out......they are positively yummy!

xx

Sorry, I seem to have been a bit awol lately. Mainly because I have little to say. Nothing much happening, I'm being neither good nor bad, have neither gained or lost and the exercise is on hold as i have a chest infection - pretty standard for me at this time of year.

Booked a hol yesterday, in just a few weeks time - going to a top spa resort in Malta - just us two! Sounds bliss, first thought ' better lose some weight then' second thought, 'not to worry'! Hmm, I'm getting there I think, not in weight loss terms but in beating self up terms!

Sorry to hear about your chest infection Barb. Look after yourself:hug99:

Back