The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Thanks for the hugs KD - just what I could do with. I'm not too bad, I've had to ramp up my steroid inhaler radically but am so far avoiding the prednisolone so thats good.

Just feel rubbish really; lacklustre and unenthusiastic. I think by the weekend I could well be bouncing back. I'll do my best.

Thanks Jem - wish I could say I was but I'm not. Feel really rotten. DH came home with some lovely choccies to cheer me up; very tickled as he's not one to do that very often. Not really in the mood to eat though, everything tastes like cardboard. We had a chinese last night and I had 4 prawns, a spoonful of beansprouts and little pile of boiled rice. DH did his best with the rest but a lot went in the bin!

Looking forward to starting the proactol tabs I've ordered. They sound like they could really be good for me. Other than that i just want to feel better -NOW!!!!!

Hi Barb
Great to see you posting. Sorry to hear you're not feeling very well ... hope things improve soon.

Thanks Debbie, I do feel a bit better but still not great. My mood is good though, surprsingly. I think it's because I have ordered the tablets and I feel like I am actually trying something totally new. It's given me a definate lift. Still need to feel a lot better before I use my xtrainer again which is frustrating as I had got up to 8mins at a time. Hopefully by next week I'll be at it aggain!

Well this may be the worlds longest cold! I am still sniffling and feeling grotty and I am now on day 10! Can't get on my xtrainer or visit Mum and Dad or do anything much that I want to do - GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Still, I must be improving and next week should see the arrival of my Proactol tabs which I am looking forward to getting started on!

AWwwwww Barb,
Bless you, i hope you feel better soon hunny how grotty 10 days huh !
Must be going soon will keep my fingers crossed for you, at least it kept you away from the choccy's !
Although i know which i would rather have lol !

Take care and get well soon luv jules xxx

Thanks Jules, you are lovely!

I am sure I will buck up soon and although I have enjoyed a few bits of choc I haven't gone mad and my weight is steady at the moment, so thats good.

You are doing fantastically, can't believe you have only 24lbs left till target. you must be so chuffed.

Oh Barb. Still got your cold? Poor you!

I do hope the proactol are going to work for you. I'm concerned for you friend. Want you to be happy that you have found the answer to your prayers.....scared that it just might not work that way.

Fingers crossed for you.

Thanks KD - I know that you care about me and I don't want you to think that I have all my hope wrapped up in a pot of pills. I don't - I view them as a possible 'help' to my healthy eating and exercise plans. If they do work then that will be fab, even if it only makes a few lbs difference. If they don't work at least i will have tried.

My head is in a very much better place whatever happens. I am no longer beating myself up for how much I weigh. It's just a number and there is a lot more to me than that. As you know I have been trying to get into a more positive state where I am not forever sabotaging myself with my own negativity and I think I am almost there.

Food feels a lot less important than it did and health is what really matters. I know there will always be headwork to do, but apart from this blinking cold, I'm ok.

Thanks KD, for worrying about me, big hugs to you too!

Love

Thanks KD - I know that you care about me and I don't want you to think that I have all my hope wrapped up in a pot of pills. I don't -

Good. I've done some reading myself and though they don't 'appear' to be harmful there are a lot of people about who are getting paid to promote them on various forum, under the guise of 'my friend lost x lbs on them'. :rolleyes:

If you try to contact these posters, they will try and sell you it:eek:

I always feel that if you can't get it at your doctors, Boots or Holland and Barrett....treat with caution. Just make sure they don't interfere with any other medications that you are taking and don't get your hopes too high.

It's just a number and there is a lot more to me than that.

Oh indeed! Much more lovely stuff going on there.

Do you ever take Vit C and echanicea for a cold. I find that if I start taking it as soon as the cold looks like it's coming, it really helps.

Definitely worth getting those in your med cabinate.

I will take that advice KD - I have heard others say about the echinachea. I do take vit C but often forget so must make an effort.

I hear what you are saying about the proactol, however I have noticed that Boots has started tele advertising for 'Lipobind' which has idenitcal claims to proactol and sounds very much the same in it's content and evaluation! If I hadn't already sent for the proactol I would nip in and buy some Lipobind.

Anyway, I will go ahead and try and at least you will get a totally honest evaluation from me! I hope they are not a waste of time and money but if they are, I can live with it!

I will take that advice KD - I have heard others say about the echinachea. I do take vit C but often forget so must make an effort.

I only take it during the cold (very beginning...and until it's gone), but if you get the effervescent one, it does make a good drink anyway.

I hear what you are saying about the proactol, however I have noticed that Boots has started tele advertising for 'Lipobind' which has idenitcal claims to proactol and sounds very much the same in it's content and evaluation!

Doesn't mean it will work, just that it's less likely to harm IMO anyway.

There's another one too, but I can't remember the name. It has the same advert. Someone on here mentioned they took it and they thought it did help :clap: Ack...wish I could find the name, then I'd find the thread.

I hope they are not a waste of time and money but if they are, I can live with it!

Indeed. To be honest, I don't blame you. Been there....done that. Not with that particular pill, but tried all that was available at the time.

If it helps, then it'll be worth it.

Feel a bit better, not fantastic but a bit better!

Proactol arrived today, so will start them after lunch! Watch this space!

Best of luck with them Barb!!

Thanks KD - good to have you cheering me on!

I'm a bit behind on things Barb ... (still ploughing through that %$*& history essay) .

What are these tabs?

By the way - stopped Reductil - they didn't work AT ALL ... problem is they're appetite suppressants and assume that a person is overeating because they're hungry. It therefore follows that if you binge for emotional reasons and hunger has faff all to do with it, you'll eat -regardless of whether you take reductil or not.

Oh well! :sigh:

By the way - stopped Reductil - they didn't work AT ALL ... problem is they're appetite suppressants and assume that a person is overeating because they're hungry. It therefore follows that if you binge for emotional reasons and hunger has faff all to do with it, you'll eat -regardless of whether you take reductil or not.

Oh well! :sigh:

I'd don't think you're the first, or will be the last to find that out. Now, wouldn't it be great if there was a pill to cure emotional eating :clap:

They are called proactol and unlike a lot of stuff you can buy online they seem well researched and are actually licenced with a CE mark etc...

They are supposed to help by stopping up to 28% of the fat in your food hitting your blood stream etc.. They have a substance that 'binds' to the fat and it passes through your bod naturally. It is a totally natural substance and there are no side effects or problems like leaky poo etc..

I've had a look at the clinical trials and the evidence looks fairly definate. The testimonials are harder to evaluate because you don't know who's getting paid what to say how fab they are! The Telegraph wrote a very interesting and positive article and DrAdam Carey reckons they are a good aid to losing weight.

I thought i would give them a go as they seem to make 'sense' and are at least not messing with your mind etc.. Also as I am not in a high pressure 'must lose weight' mood I think I can give them a fair chance without getting too paranoid!

I am going to continue eating 'normally' which for me at the moment means neither gaining or losing. I am writing down a rough diary of what I've eaten and how many tabs I take and then will weigh weekly.

So, thats it really, time really will tell!

They are called proactol and unlike a lot of stuff you can buy online they seem well researched and are actually licenced with a CE mark etc...

That's reassuring :)
The Telegraph wrote a very interesting and positive article and DrAdam Carey reckons they are a good aid to losing weight.
The only one I can find in the Telegraph is this one
Advertisement Feature for Proactol

Being an advertisement feature, I wouldn't swear by it's effectiveness:sigh:. Of course, there could have been another..........Dr Adam Carey also has a couple of other advertisement features that are exactly the same but uses other products. They say that's okay. It's allowed, but bothers me.:sigh:

My main concern comes from the amount of spamming they seem to need to sell the product. Why not use more moral forums advertising?

Okay, so Barb, I do have reservations about this pill, but it doesn't seem dangerous as long as you follow the instructions and time things well with any other medication. Just hope it brings some results for you. I really do.

Back