The Rest of My Fabulous Life Challenge

Thanks Mandy - huge relief I must say!

Feeling very emotional at the moment. Had good news from Chris, he then had a complete meltdown on Friday night and DH had to go out and bring him home. Think he hit rock bottom and the encouraging thing is that now the only way is up - which i think he feels himself. All ok now but it is very wearing having all these ups and downs.

Found myself eating for comfort a lot these last few days; something I thought I had stopped. I know I need to keep an eye on that as whilst i am not actively trying to lose weight I am not happy to gain. The gain this month was pretty annoying and I want that off, not to be added to.

So, I want to make more effot on the healthy front, minimise the stress if at all possible and generally chill out for a day or two as I feel completely knackered!

Hi Barb ups and downs in life cause us emotional eaters to do so its just the way we are. I dont think I will ever be cured as they say, sometimes I think Im in control then somethin happens and Im off again. I just have to do damage limitation after that. Heres hoping you have a better day today, hope your asthma has improved lots of luv x.

Well, hopped on scales this am and nearly had a heart attack! another 2lbs on since last tuesday. Undoubtably the wake up call I needed.

i've been nibbling biscuits, crisps, chocolate without thought or care of the consequences for nearly a month. Well the rot stops here. I've come to work with just a banana to keep me going and I am not going to waver. i'm not 'dieting' but i am healthy eating and stopping the inbetweens. Yesterday i managed to munch on 7 biscuits and 3 fairy cakes BETWEEN meals! That has to be a good 1200 cals - a good dieting days worth without any meals(of which I had two!)!

It's got to stop, I feel enormous. I wasn't feeling it but now I am. So, I am going to do my best, have 4 very strict days, damage limit at the weekend (we're away with friends) and then carry on sensibly. I can't go up and up, I just can't and won't!

Watch this space, i am going to sort myself out!

It's so scary how these little one and two pound gains insiduously creep on and it doesnt take huge binges for it to happen either. Just a few pounds on make me feel 'enormous' too although I'm sure it's psychological.
Yesterday, I had missed a pack earlier in the day so I had a mousse in the evening followed shortly after by a bar. The result was that I felt like I'd had a full on feast - was full to bursting. And suddenly, I felt enormous and very fat. Psychological you see ... I wasn't fatter at all.

But take the feeling and run with it. Whilst you're right not to go into a tailspin, you're wise to address it now and not in a stone's time.

Wishing you all the best as always.

Thanks RD and Mandy - I do feel better already. Some appalling habits had crept back and the sight of those scales rising really was the jolt I needed. I have had a sensible, no nibbling low cal day and feel happier to be back in control.

I have a weekend away and then a weeks holiday in the next 4 weeks so am not expecting to lose loads but I do know that if i do nothing to sort myself out that gain really will turn into a stone+ and then I will be in real trouble!

Thing is, in my head, I think I really have come to terms with being a 'larger lady' but even that has it's limits. Fitting well in a 20-22 feels ok, struggling to fit into a 24 doesn't.
I don't know where I'll go with this except I know I want to be at least a stone lighter than I now am! I know I don't want to make promises and grand gestures and then slink into the corner feeling like a total failure. So, one day at a time, doing my best, having mainly good days and not too many bad and we'll see. Glad I've nipped a potential disaster in the bud though. Talk about being in denial! That was so me.

Its great you have had a lightbulb moment and are nipping the nibbling in the bud you keep going hun lots of luv and support coming your way xxx.

I'm done with the grand gestures and big, sweeping goals now as well Barb (hence the hush hush approach) - it's just too much pressure to live under ... what with all the other things we have to deal with, putting pressure on ourselves to be 'ABC' weight by 'XYZ' time is just too much.

I want to lose weight, I want to be slimmer, I'm making an effort of some kind to get there. That's about as much as I'm prepared to push myself.
Take care of you Barb.

Hi Mandy and Jules

I'm ok, not much to report really. Trying to be good, managing some of the time and not too good the rest! Trouble is I know I've got, in the next 3 weeks, a weekend away, 2 birthday nights out and a weeks holiday! I know the wise woman would be desperately dieting on the other days and I do mean to, I just keep slipping! Oh Dear - where has my self control gone?

At least your still trying and havent given up your control will come back mine comes and goes all the time and you have some lovely events coming up to cheer you up keep strong lots of luv xxx

Just had a lovely weekend away with 2 great friends. The same friends we are going on a cruise with in Sept. They have both lost weight! Her about 1.5 stone him about 3 stone. I felt like the afttest person on the hotel - in fact I was in the top five for sure!
We had a great time but I am alarmed at how often the thoughts about my weight invaded everything we did. I kept up ok, even going round Warwick Castle (which is fab but loads of hills and steps) but I just feel such a blob! I can't bear it. I have come back thinking 'diet' all the way. I am simply not happy as I am and i can't go on and yet I've said that so many times I'm bored with the sound of it, so goodness knows how others feel.
I have to find a plan I can live with and get on it and stick with it. Which written down sounds simple but i know all too well it's not.

I'm going to go off and have a ponder and will come back when I've come up with something.

OK, done pondering! Got on scales this morning ready to face the grim truth and have lost 3lbs!! That was a real boost as all they seem to have done lately is go up and up! Over the weekend I only ate at mealtimes and as it was a 'posh' hotel all the meals were small and fancy so no piles of chips ect.. and although we had puds they were tiny but gorgeous.

Got me thinking - so I have 11 days until we go on our 'just us 2' break (the kids are all staying home to look after Oz). I am going to go small and healthy on the meal front and cut out the nibbling. Minimize the drinks by being the driver and see if I can shift half a stone before we go. If I do then when I return I will stick to that plan. If I don't manage that then I will cal count on my return. I cannot face that wonderful cruise at this weight. We are also booking a cruise to Russia for next year, so it looks like my life is changing and I am going to be doing a lot more. In that case I must sort myself out, I was imagining how angry and depressed I will be if I still weigh in at this size in September. I know I will be so upset, it's crazy, I've got time on my side to sort this now. If I leave it too much longer it won't be possible. So, enough of this nonsense. Here comes some effort!

Feeling chuffed - been good all day and have now booked our Russia cruise for 2009. Had a good chat with DH - explained how unhappy I am (without going on and on - poor man has heard it all before, many times!). He has agreed that we will both lay off the vino Monday- Thursday every week. This will be a big help as we do tend to drink most evenings and the wasted cals are a big prob. I now feel that I can move forward. I needed that boost from him. I am so lucky, he is always there for me.

I had almost persuaded myself that I was happy fat - almost. But I'm not, I'm pretending all the time. I deserve better than that. I think it's amazing that a weekend of small portions and nothing in between meals can result in a weight loss, it really made me think about how many biscuits/crisps/drinks/chocolate have been sneaking into my life and getting consumed!

So with a lighter heart, to be swiftly followed by a lighter body - here comes a healthier future. For me, I'm doing this for me.

Excellent day yesterday - no nibbling at all. No booze at all. 3 mins on the xtrainer. In a totally focussed mood. Another lb off today as well!
Looked at a winter skirt this morning and decided that as I move into summer stuff I am going to throw away all my winter stuff. Well, none of it is going to fit next winter! Hurrah!

Very good day. No nibbling, no booze, haven't xtrainered yet but should have time later. Feel tired after quite a stressful day but have avoided slipping off the rails which feels like a real triumph.

Im so pleased for you Barb and Im with you all the way hun sending lots of luv and support xxx

Thanks Mandy - the support really helps!

Managed 3 mins on xtrainer last night so pleased about that. Hopped on scales and since this time last week have dropped 5lbs! Very pleased with myself.

Here's to a no nibbling, no booze, busy day!

Back