The Rules on Chewing Gum

bigbozzman

What are the rules on chewing gum?

The girlfriend had a bit of a moan about my breath and since this is the norm for when doing this LT , can I eat chewing gum sugar free? Dont particularly want to carry around mouthwash all day, and I know I can get them strips to put on your tounge, but Chewing Gum seems the easy solution.

Someone did say its counter productive as it tricks your mind into thinking your eating solid food and make you more hungry!

:jelous:

See...first time i did LT they said it was fine...only prob was that it triggered carb/food craving...but I was fine!

I am fine too bigbozzman.. I am going through at least 2 packets of wrigleys extra a day.. I think my jaw is just glad to be using an eating motion!! lol... It never affected my losses last time, and (touch wood) seems to be ok this time round... It also helps as it can have a laxative effect too... Those strips can work out quite expensive too.

Cheers guys was worried when my gf "helpfully " gave me a chewing gum. I will try the wrigleys then. Knowing you can't even have chewing gum shows how hardcore this is!! Never mind, halfway through my first week I weighed myself this morning to reveal a 7lb loss, that's reassuring with 4 days left

It can interfere with ketosis that's why it's not allowed

I suppose it depends on the individual.. It never affected mine first time round, or this time (luckily), and i was told by my chemist it has to be sugar free, and the main reason for not using it is it makes your stomach think food is coming and makes the diet harder.

I think it's the polyols...ie the sweetener used in the sugar free version of gum.

Some people are sensitive to it, some aren't, but it certainly can affect ketosis for some.

It's definitely a carb thing, you're lucky if you stay in ketosis but I never risked it. My pharmacist said some of the ingredients interfere with ketosis and that's why lipotrim say we need to avoid it. The breath strips are great anyway

I bought a small spray bottle from the chemist and filled it with Listerine. Smaller and easier to carry about and you can just have a little spray when needed :D much better than dog breath ;) :eek:

I've not chanced it as the movement of chewing tells the brain that food needs digesting which then prepairs the stomach thus making you hungry. Plus I'm not sure it's sugar free as such. Like the difference between tablet and powdered sweetener.

I use the strips and scrub my teeth and tongue whenever I can!! ;) also drink drink drink. Lol

xox

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I haven't researched this, but I heard that if you chew gum on an empty stomach it can cause ulcers. Since your brain is telling your body that there is food to be digested (through chewing) It prepares the stomach acids, but since there is nothing there it begins to burn the stomach lining.

Back