The Secret Diary Of A Fat Girl..Has Her Mojo Back.. And It's here To Stay!

Government funding rules have changed a lot this year and colleges have lost everything . Until last week only people on job seekers allowance could get a full time course paid for. This week they added in a few extras but I can't remember what they are though

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah the lady at the college told me that in the last week or so a few things had changed to the fees being wavered. It's so unfair when there are people who really want to learn something!

Ah ok - Im a tfr virgin and therefore get easily confused about the rules, eating patterns and general functions of the diet lol!!
But clearly its working for you look at your losses!!!

Ah i love slimming world, and if you love food and good food it would be great as a maintaining diet!!!

My goodness thats an expensive course def look into getting some sort of funding or sponsorship! But go you for looking to the future and embracing all those challenges - ive had enough of education for a little while lol - think ill be happy just earning a bob or two lol!!

You know being able to afford a nice hair cut or replace my empty container of foundation - you know the basics lol - the joys of being a student lol!!

xx

My full time student days are over!! There is no way I could go back to that, it was hard enough back then, and it just seems even harder now!

I think SW will be good for me, I'd probably have mostly green days, if I can get back into eating chicken then it should suit. I don't see myself doing WW again, all those points, and weighing I think it's too much!

My students would be overjoyed if their course was only £500. A typical floristry course is £1800 .

That's a lot of money! The next course up leaps to £550..it's mad!

Is that what you do Kat? I must admit, years and ago I would've loved to have worked with flowers, and arranging them, looks a bit hard though, I'm not exactly artistic ;)

Hi Violet

Hope you manage to get your course sorted and hope you feel better soon.

Thanks hun :)

I had a good day yesterday was 100% and I'm feeling so much better. My feet are like blocks of ice at the moment, the weather is so strange!

I rang and spoke with the college and then I rang a bunch of other people and I can get the course fees wavered, which is great news, I was a little worried about it all, but my adviser assures me to sign and complete the form and go ahead :)

So I just have to take the form and some id to the college tomorrow and enrole, which I'm not looking forward to actually... My confidence has shrunk so much that I feel uncomfortable in places I don't know :( looking forward to starting the course though :)

Go for it. Believe me you will not be on your own . Colleges are full of people from 16 - 60 plus. So you fit nicely. Nobody will think twice about your age. So go in there with confidence. Have faith in yourself that you can do it and you will.
Just remember that these days with funding the way it is , it is in the tutors best interest to make sure you get through this course as their position hinges on success and acheivement.

Yes I teach floristry in FE colleges and adult ed. But I still do weddings etc when I can so if anyone getting married has any queries about flowers and design I'm the one to ask

Im pleased you managed to get everything sorted! You will be fine on my course (midwifery) i think the majority of people on the course were over 30! I personally dont think it makes a difference - other than academically essay writing some of them were a lil rusty!

Toofatkat - i wish i was planning my wedding the oh still has yet to decide when hes going to ask - im under the impression it shall be soon so hopefully i shall be picking your brains shortly lol xx

Glad to hear you have the course sorted and I'm sure you'll be fine. Its exciting doing something new and I hope you enjoy it.

Go for it. Believe me you will not be on your own . Colleges are full of people from 16 - 60 plus. So you fit nicely. Nobody will think twice about your age. So go in there with confidence. Have faith in yourself that you can do it and you will.
Just remember that these days with funding the way it is , it is in the tutors best interest to make sure you get through this course as their position hinges on success and acheivement.

Yes I teach floristry in FE colleges and adult ed. But I still do weddings etc when I can so if anyone getting married has any queries about flowers and design I'm the one to ask

I think once I get back into going to a college then I'll be ok, I just have very little confidence at the moment, meeting new people etc I just hate it at the moment.

That's a lovely job you have, I rarely have fresh flowers in the house, I wish I had them more regular as I do love them :)

Im pleased you managed to get everything sorted! You will be fine on my course (midwifery) i think the majority of people on the course were over 30! I personally dont think it makes a difference - other than academically essay writing some of them were a lil rusty!

Toofatkat - i wish i was planning my wedding the oh still has yet to decide when hes going to ask - im under the impression it shall be soon so hopefully i shall be picking your brains shortly lol xx

I think things have changed so much when I was studying full time, everyone was pretty much the same ages 17-22 it does seem more diverse now.

awwww a minimins wedding ;)

Glad to hear you have the course sorted and I'm sure you'll be fine. Its exciting doing something new and I hope you enjoy it.

I am excited about it, hopefully I won't muck it up lol!

You won't muck it up!! Positive thinking please!! Negative thinking didn't get you to the place you are now!!

Honestly I'd say uni is almost a 50:50 ratio - overall! It's not a fresh out of college place anymore - that's halls ;) lol

When do you start?! Xx

So I've been and enroled today, didn't take very long, it wasn't that busy either. I start on the 15th I think..the adviser says that If I'm on the wrong course then the tutor will sort it out for me, I have some knowledge so I don't want to start on something that covers a lot of what I already know, and there wasn't a course syllabus so I'll have to wait and see when I start.

Having a good day overall, been shopping, just chilling out now :)

Going to have my first shake of the day in a moment, not really hungry but I should have it now, as I have another 2 to fit in.

Ooh got me a treat for Saturday, Haribo Super Mix...Saturday is weigh in day and I do stick to the packs, but I like to have a bit of something on that day and it doesnn't affect me getting back on 100%

Can't believe how quick this week is going, my eldest is back at school next week, I'm sure it is, I best check lol!

In theory what happens is this:-

You are interviewed and enrolled . Then about 6 weeks into the course you have a tutorial called a suitability review to ensure you are on the right course. It's not just for your benefit . Come the first of November anyone on a course MUST be kept on it come what may otherwise the colleges lose their funding and any student who leaves after that seriously affects the tutors results and job prospects. Anyone who leaves in that first six week grace period doesn't affect funding or results.

I never knew that!...that explains why the adviser told me if there was to be a change in level, it would be within the first few weeks, it's changed so much!

I have been thinking about doing some OU courses or some online type learning too :)

I can't believe how quick this day has gone, I've only had one shakes so far, I think I had it a bit late, so I'm going to have my second shake, a nice hot chocolate then a chocolate crisp bar (so yummy) after and snuggle on the sofa and watch tv..not much on tonight, Who Do You Think You Are is on, I'll watch that as I like Larry Lamb and I like family tree :) oh and the cbb eviction :)

Can't believe it's the 1st of September today! Where has this year gone to? Feeling a lot more positive at the moment, and I'm actually thinking ahead, which is something I rarely do.

I'm the smallest I've been in nearly 2 years. It's my youngests birthday in a little under 2 weeks, he'll be 5. It always makes me reflect on how things were when I had him, birthdays have a habit of doing that don't they?!...anyway, I should probably get my backside off the sofa :)

So I've had a little bit of a tango moment earlier, was my own fault for popping a Xenical after a few mouthfulls of egg mayo :eek:.....oh well, can guarantee that as a 1lb loss lol! ;)

Have been thinking about clothes today, and what size I'm likely to be by Christmas, which seems totally crazy! I've also been looking at jewellery, nothing fancy, just earings, bangles etc...just accessories, funny how you start thinking about things like that when you see yourself smaller :D

Best to do the kids dinner, cheese and potato pie for them, best put some spuds on!

Lol egg and Mayo that's a mr tango recipe right there lol!! Aw poor you looks like hea had both of us today :( never mind we will learn!!

I can't wait to get my first pay packet then go out an buy some new clothes!! Especially now I can get in whatever I pick up :)

I'd love to wear a dress at Xmas size 14 ofc! Do you do much going out over Xmas?! Xx

Hi, you sound so postitive now, i can't help thinking about what i can do, (like go on rides without worrying) theatre seats, i'd love to get my hair cut really short, like a pixie cut, but would never do it fat. It's the only thing about me i like at the minute.
i'm taking my daughter to the theatre in london on the 22nd of oct and i'd like to be a couple of stone lighter so i can dress up abit.
I'm also thinking of talking my hubby into getting me a leather pandora and getting a charm for each stone, as something nice to look forward to

I've had a melt down today, I had cheese and quite a bit of it.. I just don't know what's wrong with me, I actually feel like I could cry :( I think my head tells me that if I've slipped up a little once or twice, that it doesn't matter I may as well carry on sabotaging myself, even though the real me knows I don't need to (if that makes sense)

I have to face the scales tomorrow and I really don't want to do it, just in case those few slips ups affect me, if I see a gain or an sts It just makes me feel so bad, and I don't want to feel like that.. I wish loosing weight was easier, I wish I didn't have a problem with food.

Seeing as I've decided to take measurements tomorrow, I've decided I'm not going to weigh in again, I just don't want to face my slip ups.

I last recorded my weight on the 20th, I didn't weigh in last week due to slipping up, so I plan to weigh in on the 10th, have a 100% week first then record and update tickers.

Tomorrow is the start of a 100% week, I will continue as normal for the rest of today ( damn that fricken cheese)

Try not to let it get you down. We all have bad days, the trick is to put it behind you (easier said than done, I know). Stop now and finish the day without having anything else that you shouldn't - I know you can do it!

I know what you mean, that's what i've alway done, if i've cheated then i may aswell just carry on. You've done amazingly well and you will get there it just takes time, try not to beat yourself up too badly. I think if you know you can now stay focused then waiting till next week for your weigh in is fine. Hope you feel better later

I feel completely the same - dont seem to have a day where i dont have a small breakdown it sucks!!!

Im exactly the same eating something naughty then "ive ruined the day so might as well continue!"

We will get there hun look at what youve lost so far!!! Well done :) xx

Lol egg and Mayo that's a mr tango recipe right there lol!! Aw poor you looks like hea had both of us today :( never mind we will learn!!

I can't wait to get my first pay packet then go out an buy some new clothes!! Especially now I can get in whatever I pick up :)

I'd love to wear a dress at Xmas size 14 ofc! Do you do much going out over Xmas?! Xx

I know!! egg and mayo, but it was sooooo good!...I haven't been tango'd that many times actually so it was worth it lol!

I don't do anything over Christmas really, there's so much good stuff on the tv, I like to veg out and snuggle on the sofa with a tin of roses lol!...not this year, might just have small box instead ;)

Hi, you sound so postitive now, i can't help thinking about what i can do, (like go on rides without worrying) theatre seats, i'd love to get my hair cut really short, like a pixie cut, but would never do it fat. It's the only thing about me i like at the minute.
i'm taking my daughter to the theatre in london on the 22nd of oct and i'd like to be a couple of stone lighter so i can dress up abit.
I'm also thinking of talking my hubby into getting me a leather pandora and getting a charm for each stone, as something nice to look forward to

It really helps to have things to look forward to. I have a big list of all the things I'm going to treat myself to along the way and a big treat when I hit goal. Do you have a list?

Try not to let it get you down. We all have bad days, the trick is to put it behind you (easier said than done, I know). Stop now and finish the day without having anything else that you shouldn't - I know you can do it!

Did I stop?....hmmmm a little ;) It's behind me now!

I know what you mean, that's what i've alway done, if i've cheated then i may aswell just carry on. You've done amazingly well and you will get there it just takes time, try not to beat yourself up too badly. I think if you know you can now stay focused then waiting till next week for your weigh in is fine. Hope you feel better later

What makes me crack is when I'm eating something I know I shouldn't, I stop for a few seconds and think what am I doing, and I still continue, even though I know it's wrong...hmmmm maybe that's what naughty toddlers think like too ;)

I feel completely the same - dont seem to have a day where i dont have a small breakdown it sucks!!!

Im exactly the same eating something naughty then "ive ruined the day so might as well continue!"

We will get there hun look at what youve lost so far!!! Well done :) xx

I don't think I've done a whole day in just over a year without some minor breakdown, I think I set myself up for sometimes too...must learn to stop that!!

Well after yesterdays meltdown, and the messing around that I've done the last week and a half, enough is enough now! I'm never going to get where I want to be with my head all over the place, I've got to get straight, I've just had enough now so a new start!

I should be weighing in today, but I just can't face it, it could be nothing bad but I just don't want to do it, so I will weigh in next saturday and then as normal from then on.

I never took any photos at the start of all this, I wish I had and I never took measurements either, I know I'm changing, I can tell by clothing etc, but for me I like to see numbers going down, so I'm going to be taking various measurements in a bit, neck, chest, arms, waist, hips, thighs and around bum.

I've also made myself a 100% chart, bit like a kids start chart, 100 days at 100%.

I'm also going to start writing daily in my weight loss diary again as that helps to write, I know I have this diary here, but holding a pen whenever you want and getting thing to paper helps clear the mind and I'll start doing the Beck again.. so that's it, new start for me! :)

Back