The Shrinkers Team Thread

Im the opposite, I like my smoked salmon cooked :)

Just watched your video diary, really inspirational and I hope you achieve your target hun. We will be here to help you all the way :)

I'm the same girls craving at the mo. Feel rather sickly to. Trying my best to resist.

I feel like that too, so much water! I am peeing constantly xx

Haha I wish I had a downstairs loo in ways although I'm sure the exercise of running up and down the stairs will be doing me some good xx

At work i deliberatly go to the loo down two flights of stairs instead of the one on the same floor. Got to find some benefit in it! :)

That's great Siobhan, cant say I would have the same motivation xx

I've been going to the loo so much that my hands are so raw from being washed so much! Can't find my moisturizer either, and I'm hungry. Thought I was in ketotis! Bad end to day 4! :sigh:

Hope day 5 is better for you gorgeous! x I had a sp this morn and i've gained a pound so i don't think i'll have much of a weigh in this Tuesday, hoping for a woosh the week after x

good morning fellow Shrinkers how's it going?
Feeling good this morning I have the day off work, got to go to dental hospital (wisdom tooth probs had to have 2 stitches last night at A&E so need it checking today) but rest of day is my own :)
Hope you all have a fab day xx

Ouch Camille hun that sounds painful hope you are ok? :hug99:

Went swimming again this morning :D was ment to meet my friend there at 6:30am which she said she would and she never turned up.. no txt no nothing :confused:. I thought she might be running late and come in the pool around 7:10 but she never came. Oh well i went and feel fantastic for it.

Actually on this subject me and my mother was talking yesterday on skype. I telling her the weird little things my friend is doing at the moment. She tells me that in 2012 she is going to lose weight with me and we are going to help/motivated each other and do it together (we are both very over weight big girls) So i buy Zumba for the wii and she tells me thats she will come to mine every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday for work out with me and give us both encouragement. 2weeks pass and she never turns up once, i txt an called her but she just tells me she was sorry she was busy she will see me the next time and again fails to turn up. Then on Monday she tells me she is going to order a wii her self which i encourage her to do as i find mine amazing and i suggested we can also go to hers and work out on it and take it in turns and she agrees. Her wii turned up on Wednesday and when i suggested to her that i could come over on Thursday evening if she fancied a go (thought the problem might be she couldnt to come to mine to offered to go to her) and she brushed it off saying ''we will she she will txt me, maybe at the weekend'' Well no surprise the txt never came.

I am constantly sending her encouraging txts and i often never get a reply. I ask her most weekends is she fancies going on a dog walk on Sat and Sun mornings with me and she says she will txt me when she is up (she often goes out drinking heavily on a Fri and Sat night) but the txt never comes and then i find she went on her own later in the day... but no txt to ask me to do it with her? Then i been excited telling her how much i have been losing each week (she doesn't know i am on CD i just said through Healthy eating and Zumba as she STRONGLY disagrees with the diet) and sometimes she can txt back and not even acknowledge the loss i've had and talk about something else!

She dont have a set of scales even tho i have told her MANY times to get some for motivation. Seems like i am really trying to help her lose weight and i am getting no where with very little if anything back. I txt her the other day explaining in a very nice way that i would still love to get fit with her as its not really happening and altho i am enjoying doing it on my own and with my BF i wanted her to lose weight too. I kinda got a snotty txt back saying ''thanks mum......'' then she continued to tell me in a nice but ''funny'' way she was doing fine on her weight loss she was swimming 7days a week and having a slim fast for breakfast and one for lunch and a healthy evening meal and even her Brother noticed how much weight she is losing. I was kinda thrown back by it and thought oh well nvm.

Then this week my costume arrived and i txt her saying yay we can go swimming together of a morning (i love swimming) and she didnt txt back, eventually she txt back saying she thinks it would be best if i go on Sunday as its not as busy then if i am nervous. I explained i just wanted to get it over with and start so could i meet her in the morning when she goes (she goes 7days a week remember) she never txt back. I waited 4 hours and it got to 11pm and i txt her again asking if we was going to meet me in the morning.... i just really needed some support as it was my first time going i didnt know what to expect and really wanted the support. She txt me saying yes she would see me there and meet me in the pool as she might be running 15mins late. Not really what i wanted the whole idea of going together my first day was so i would have a little support. I know i would have made that effort for her. So again nvm i went anyway at 6:30am and she finally turned in the pool at 7:10 swam for 20mins and got out. Yesterday she txt saying she was defo coming at 6:30am and would see me there anyway today she never turned up at all no txt no nothing... i aint txt her coz i aint really that bothered lol I had my swim and feel great for it.

I was speaking to my mother about it and she was saying that she thinks my friend dont want me to lose weight as she aint doing as well as me and is becoming jealous and thats why she aint really txting bk and exercising without me and not mentioning my success on my weight loss. Its as if she is seeing me as competition an i dont really understand it as i thought we was ment to be doing this together. Shes fine any other time we have been best friends for 15years. So i am giving up trying and carrying on my weight loss without her as she plans to do. I cant understand her doing slim fast as she hated when i was on CD the last time and then she goes and does a similar diet. its kind of obviously to me now tho that she does not go swimming 7days a week for an hour because today she never turned up and yesterday she only did 20mins. The slilm fast and healthy eating is good for her but her insane drinking and partying habits wont be helping her weight loss. Its all kind of build up and upset and annoyed me... so i kinda wanna lose weight on my own to show her i didnt neeed her help anyway... is that wrong of me? I feel i am also in competition with her now and i didnt reallt want that... oh well!!

Anyway i hope after my LONG message your all not falling alseep hahaha :) xxxx

It does sound like jealousy Natasha, I would carry on without her as it seems its you making all the effort and not getting anything back xx

Day 12 today and I feel in a good place with the diet now, I am keeping up with the water and averaging 4-5 litres a day and I dont feel hungry. I still find it tempting to taste what I'm cooking for the kids but I dont do it :D I am prepared for a small loss this week and I'm happy with that as I think it will be bigger next week xx

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Jools love your profile photo-looking good ;-)
Natasha, hmmmmm sounds like your 'friend' is a little jealous of your motivation. Don't let her get you down, you've made the first steps going swimming and enjoying it, you can do it on your own! Unfortunately when you do lose weight you find out who your friends are, sometimes larger ladies find comfort within a group of larger people & feel somewhat threatened when the dynamics of the group changes. Not just jealousy but a sense of failure because they aren't doing as well so become dismissive of any attempt to get together. Seems like you have offered all the encouragement you can so concerntrate on yourself now you are doing fab xx

My mouth is feeling suprising good today must be all the strong painkillers :) on the + side I don't want to eat lol

After 4 days, I have only lost 2 pound. Absolutely gutted. My CDC said it was probably because I drank a lot of alcohol last weekend, so that would have made me gain weight.

Fingers crossed I have a nice loss next week!

I think there is always a bit of rivalry between gals Natasha, try not to let it get to you and just don't speak to her about the weigh loss and stuff if its causing problems. You were probably really good friends before this just carry on like before.

We can both hope for a good woosh next week gorgeous, when are you getting weighed?

I think there is always a bit of rivalry between gals Natasha, try not to let it get to you and just don't speak to her about the weigh loss and stuff if its causing problems. You were probably really good friends before this just carry on like before.

We can both hope for a good woosh next week gorgeous, when are you getting weighed?

Friday again, so that's a full week this time. Hoping I can get 6lbs.

Stick with it Gorgeous it will come off next week xx

Back