The Sliminators - Team 5

Hi ladies, and welcome Indigomondays.

Well I weighed myself today, my CDC is away this week so I can't say whether it's definitely exact or not but I'm gonna hope it is.
So 4lbs loss for me, woo hoo!!! I'm so getting there. Haven't had anything shakes yet though as I had an exam this morning so I'm only home. Gonna have a choc shake make into a porridge using Psyllium husks, yum. Hows everyone getting on?

So 4lbs loss for me, woo hoo!!! I'm so getting there. Haven't had anything shakes yet though as I had an exam this morning so I'm only home. Gonna have a choc shake make into a porridge using Psyllium husks, yum. Hows everyone getting on?

Congratulations!!:happy096:

Thanks Enough, it's great that I'm getting close to my target, I've never been this weight before, well not since my teens anyway so it's great that I'm getting there for once!!!!

Havent weighed myself yet but.. 6 days in and iv lost 4" off my hips and 3 off my waist! woop woop!!! :D Off to my CDC now to change a few of my flavours.. Cant even think about spicy tomato soup without feeling sick now.. x

How exciting!! Downsey and Indigo both doing so well!! Congratulations!!

How's everyone else doing? I'm not expecting such a big loss this week... gone onto 810 for the week while I recover from an injury I sustained sleep walking (Haha! Good news.. not seriously hurt, lovely black eye though!!.. luckily my bedroom door was shut, so I simply crashed into it rather than down the stairs!! bad news, it didn't knock any sense into me.. Haha!)

Haven't been on 810 before, so I'll let you know how it goes...

Oh hope your okay, and enjoy the bit of food. I'm still sticking 100%, and enjoying it, I'm obviously a sadist. Actually, I enjoy looking at the scales and seeing them move :) Think I'm down another half pound since yesterday so happy days. But I'm gonna try and ignore the scales for a bit, at least until my CDC is back, just that they keep me motivated, but it can't be good to weigh yourself two or three times a day, can it :0

Just got back from my CDC because iv been changing shakes over and she said she could weigh me and iv lost 7lbs. :) woop woop!! Im planning on staying on this for 10 weeks and then changing to atkins so i can eat, i need to learn to eat properly. Depresses me slightly thinking about these same shakes for 64 more days... i shouldnt be counting but i am. :p this is getting difficult. but then half a stone!!! have to concentrate on that. :)

As if you hurt yourself sleepwalking Enough! Is it bad that i struggled not to giggle when u said how u had hurt urself? i was concerned up until then :p hope you're ok though! let me know how the 810 plan goes because il be going into maintenance about week 9... :) x

Oh hope your okay, and enjoy the bit of food. I'm still sticking 100%, and enjoying it, I'm obviously a sadist. Actually, I enjoy looking at the scales and seeing them move :) Think I'm down another half pound since yesterday so happy days. But I'm gonna try and ignore the scales for a bit, at least until my CDC is back, just that they keep me motivated, but it can't be good to weigh yourself two or three times a day, can it :0

LOL! they can be quite addictive, can't they? :D It must be quite interesting to see how your weight fluctuates through the day according to how long you've been up, how much water you've had, TOTM etc.. I always thought that we shouldn't weight ourselves more than once a week, but I was reading some research carried out with people who have been very overweight in the past, and then stayed a healthy weight for life afterwards.. there were common themes in behaviour, and weighing on a daily basis was one of them! I was really surprised!

they could invent a shoe-sole that acted like a perminant monitor :D

Vxx

Just got back from my CDC because iv been changing shakes over and she said she could weigh me and iv lost 7lbs. :) woop woop!! Im planning on staying on this for 10 weeks and then changing to atkins so i can eat, i need to learn to eat properly. Depresses me slightly thinking about these same shakes for 64 more days... i shouldnt be counting but i am. :p this is getting difficult. but then half a stone!!! have to concentrate on that. :)

Congratulations on the 7lbs, Indigo!! :D

I have a tendency to count as well.. how many days left, what date I'll be doing which part.. you've probably seen my 'projections' of what date I could be at goal, depending on how quickly I loose weight!

It might be worth checking out the maintanance area for ideas for time frames for going up the plans and how you want to live once you're at a healthy weight.. I might well be wrong, but my understanding of atkins is that, like CD, it's an effective weight loss method, but it's not supposed to become a permanent way of life.. not good for the kidneys, apparently.. but I might be wrong, so check it out on the maintainance forum..

Personally I think I'll need something structured when I finish this, while I learn to trust myself (I'm wayyy off that at the mo - can't even trust myself to SLEEP!! HAHA!! :D) ... but I'm thinking something like checking out Glycemic Load/GI.. or just simple healthy eating, but taking up a new activity once the weight's gone and the thought of activity becomes more appealling! I like the IDEA of walking more, swimming, horse riding.. trying new things and seeing what I like and don't like, and taking it from there..

(these are all just thoughts at this stage though! :) )

Right - enough waffling - I'm off to work!

Indigo - Congrats again!!

Lou, Fb, YM, How are you all doing??

Vxx

Vxx

Yeah, i just like idea of eating again! And eating all of the right foods. I plan to go on atkins simply to help me finish of my weight loss so i can join the gym when my boyfriend gets back in august as hes a gym freak. :p dont reckon i could do it on CD. I have 10 weeks on CD to lose as much as i can to start me off then im going to try and do it with a no carb diet and exercise.. need to learn to keep the weight down. x

Hi All,

been reading the posts and its all sounds very interesting. Sleepwalking!
Indigo- I know it seems like a long time to have shakes etc. but I just looked at it 2 week chunks. When i started cambridge I was like -well I'll try it for 2 weeks and when i got to the end of two weeks i said i'll do it for another 2 weeks etc. It worked so well im scared to come off the shakes now. My 1000 cal program was not going too well as i kept binging on quorn and salad (sad i know) but its a slippery slope so I have gone back down to 810 until i feel more confident with food. I know i have huge issues I have to work through. I also wanted a little boost to try and get to goal by wedding next friday.
I don't get weighed until Monday so no results this week. i wanted to give myself an extra couple of days before the weigh in. Its so psychological about getting on the scales. i have to weigh myself every morning and evening and see the change. Its getting obsessive.
Sorry about my rambling on, I might not make sense! I couldn't sleep much last night (its nerves and excitement) so a bit blurry eyed now.At least i didn't sleepwalk and give myself a black eye like some people! that would not look good on the photos.

Take care all

Lou

ohh forgot to add- went to doctors for pill check up and she was very impressed with the weightloss. She thought 3 stone in 6 months was excellent. I had to tell her it was 3 months on CD!!!

Aloize, it's so nice when someone you haven't seen in a while really notices, and for a doctor to be impressed with your weightloss, that's gonna be a great feeling.

So how is everyone's WI this week?

aah.. yes... mine was 2lbs.. I was very disappointed, and then I got over myself and remembered it's the right direction, and a good loss on any other diet.. and, if I'm honest, I'm mainly hoping it's cause I've not been taking enough fibre HAHA!! so I'm hoping it'll be a bigger loss next week Haha!! :D

Everyone.. for me to do that calculation thingy for the team results, I need your WI for this week, and your WI for last week.. Thank you :)

Vxx

results?

Hiya!

Got the results from Downesy, Indigo and myself..

Louise, all the best for your WI tomorrow.. hope you're managing to stay off the quorn :D

Fatblaster, Yummy.. How are you doing?
Please PM me anytime...

I'll announce the results as soon as IreneH has confirmed that I've done it right!! Heehee! :D

Vx

Right! The results are in.........

(picture me at the oscars! Haha!)

(drum roll...)

Our team result for this week is:

We have lost 2.4% of what we weighed last week!!

:woohoo:

And.....

Our Best Looser this week is:

IndigoMondays!! Who has lost a total of

3.57% of what she weighed last week!!

That's Fantastic!!

Congratulations Everyone!

:happy096:

(And I mean, everyone! All 6 of us have been doing a fab job of supporting each other through this.. you've certainly been helping me tonnes! So Thank You!!)

Vx

Last edited:
Ah that's brilliant, what brilliant losses we all had.

Congratulations Indigomondays, that's a great %loss. Looking forward to getting another week underway.

WoooHoooo!! Congrats folks - well done Indigo!! :D

Back