The Sliminators - Team 5

WooHooo!! Look at that!! We've won two weeks in a row! :D Blimey - what a fab team we all are..

Towergilly
Indigo
MissPNoMore
Enough
Downesy

We're TIMED!! :) or 'M Diet'.. :D

Vx

Well done everyone!
How does this team business actually work anyway? How many teams are there, and who is the head honcho who gathers all the weigh-ins, or is there another forum where teams submit? Just curious to understand more about our competition haha!

I feel guilty about having an extra tetra brick today now!! I went to the gym and burned off over 400 cals then went for a swim and was in an absolutely foul mood by the time I got home (tired I think) so treated myself to an extra 130 cals or whatever it is which I'm sure wont hurt but I'm still feeling guilty as I let my mood take control of my willpower! I feel like I need to go back to the gym and burn off the extra cals (silly I know)! :character00115:

What are you studying 'Enough'? I have 3 assignments to be in over the next 2 weeks if it makes you feel any better, and also am moving house in 3 weeks so lots of organising to do. It's probably a good thing that I'm dieting now as this is prime time for me to comfort eat due to stress!!! :help2:

Towergilly, I need a babysitter, your hubby is free to take my kids for a few days if he wants!!! Infact why don't you borrow them, you might change your mind about starting your own family then haha! Only joking, I love my kids to pieces and feel really sorry for them as I'm the most misserable, narky mum possible at the minute bless them! My sone told my friend today that I'm miserable coz I'm dieting, apparently I'm always miserable whe I diet :(

well done us! yay!
let's try and make it 3 in a row

misspiggynomore - think you were quite smart really and decided to keep to the diet in having a extra brick - proberbly a bit smart really after you'd burned all those calories!

after this diet your son will have no more worries after all this is the last time you'll be doing this, after you reach your target you'll just have to maintain it!

I was really miserable yesterday and felt so sorry for my kids. I just want to get this over with now. I think my weight loss is slowing down this week. I got weighed this morning, which I know I shouldn't have and have put a pound on since my weigh in on Fri. I know it's probably just water and will hopefully go as quick as it came but still it's here today and I don't like it! The last 2 weeks I've had a constant loss every time I got on the scales. I'm bored of dieting now and just want to wake up a size 10 tomorrow!!! :(
I'm stuck in studying and starting to feel frustrated and sorry for myself I think so I'll shut up moaning!

Hi all. Ive been told by Enough (not sure what ur name is hun) that theres space for me. Hope thats still the case...if so helllooo :D
I was previously with flab2fab but have lost 2 members and I fell off the wagon BIG TIME! It been about 3 weeks since Ive been on cd and Ive gain about 10lbs :whoopass:
too be honest I havent weighed myself for about 6 days!! Im back to on cd as of Thursday with a new cdc. Although my last cdc was fab, shes about £15 more expensive a week. Plus my new cdc is sooo stunning, Im hoping seeing her every week, will kick my behind in gear!!
Im feel like Im still so far from my goal and looking at all the new clothes in my wardrobe, is making me realise how I optimistic and motivated I felt while I was on cd. And I dont want them to be hanging in my wardrobe for another year.
I was meant to start today but Im so ill. Went to Thorpe Park ( I went on 1 ride the entire day because of my weight) on Sat and when I got home, I was sneezing, shivering, sweating, aching the works!! Anyway, Ive been laid out in bed for the last 2day and off work. As soon as I get better Ill start, which Im hoping will be Wed or Thursday.
Im got my OH to buy me trousers yday at DP in a 22 and Im hoping by the end of next mth they will fit! I havent been that size since 2003...I feel ashamed to admit that even a size 22 is something to look forward too but I hope that by the end of the year Ill be a size 12/14.
Hugs Manjit xxxxx

Hi IndianPrincess! Thorpe Park whilst feeling crap....poor you! Hope you feel better soon.
Good luck for fitting in your Dotty P trousers, I'm sure you'll manage it no probs. Don't be ashamed that they're a size 22, you're doing something about it so focus on the positives. Before you know it you'll be in a 20, then 18! And even better, I think you're other half should buy you a new pair each time you drop a size! :) Then when you get to a 12-14 he should treat you to an entire new wardrobe,and a holiday to show off your new figure! haha.

Let us know when you start and good luck with getting through the first week. I'm on week 3 now (wow, and I'm still alive?!) and have good and bad days where I'm not hungry and have some energy and think CD is amazing or days like today where I feel knackered despite doing very little and just want it all over with!

Awww thanks hun. I just tried to put the DP trousers on....LORDIE, they just about got over my bumbum!! They seemed to fit ok round the legs but my bum was like ummmm NO Manjit :nono: not just yet gal LOL!
I cannot wait to wear them, I suppose I gotta think of it as Im still 44lbs down than I was at the beginning of the year. I feel so much for confident, energetic and optimistic when Im on cd. Now that Ive put some weight on and feel bloated, Ive started to become shy and aware of my weight again. I cant wait for the day, I have i i dont have to stop at a mirror and then have a pull and tug at my top around my tummy cause Im worried its clinging.
Ekkkkkk....Im going to load up some pictures in awhile too, think it needs an update. xxxx

Things tend to stop at my bum too....damn thing always get in the way! It's always the last place I lose weight from too! Even if I got down to a size 6 I reckon I'd still have a huge ass!

As long as you're going forward you're still winning. Just think, next summer you can wear skinny clothes and look hot! And at xmas/new year you can wear some gorgeous dresses when you go out! Keep looking ahead. Easier said than done though huh! I keep trying to magine how good I'll feel when I'm back to a size 10-12 and can get back in my clothes and not have to wear my frumpy fat clothes that I refuse to spend much money on and keep wearing the same things over and over again. I'm pear shaped and my legs are shockers at the minute, I daren't wear dresses and am getting a sweaty crotch in jeans every day, especially when I was in Spain a few weeks ago, I was dying trying to keep my legs hidden! haha. Can't wait to be able to wear summer dresses again and let the air flow!!!

hello and welcome indianprincess - sorry your poorly
and good luck with them trousers! what i'm lacking in the bottom department i make up in the belly one unfortunatly wish it was the other way round! my thighs and stomach are my major problem at the mo - hopefully not for long

have been really tired today although i havent really done anything!

Hi guys!

Right,we have a full gang again now!

Fatblaster, if you're reading this - All the very very best with the rest of your journey.. you're an inspiration, and it'd be lovely to see you on here any time you like!

Same for you, YummyMummy, and Louise! Congratulations on reaching goal, and come back to inspire us any time!!! :)

Vx

Yay for The Sliminators! :D

IndianPrincess
Towergilly
Indigo
MissPNoMore
Enough
Downesy

I TIMED..
IM DIET..
MITIED..

So, MissPNoMore.. you asked about how the competition works..

The %ages are what you've lost this week, as a %age of what you weighed last week.. so you PM me with your lbs lost this week and I work out the %ages, and the %age of the entire team..

By Sunday afternoon, I then send the % (so I don;t have to send anyone's actual weight) to IreneH (the minimins organiser who runs the team contest) .. and Sunsday evening she publishes the results..

and we celebrate another win!!!

:D :D :D

Heehee!!

My WI's always on a Monday (another 3 lbs today! :D), but it counts for the following Sunday results, cause we're taking the weekly WI that happens before Sunday night, whatever day it happens)

Think that's the full story! Any further questions, just ask! ... it's all just a bit of fun, but I find it really lovely the way we all support each other, and I love ebing part of a supportive team that leaves me feeling like there's somewhere to celebrate the highs, and be supported through the lows...

This place is fab!! :D

Vxx

Cool, well done on your 3 lbs. I have a feeling I'm going to have a crap weigh in this week. I get weighed on friday and I've not lost anything so far, infact I put a lb on until yesterday. I've had 2 very good weeks so my councellor warned me I might slow down a little this week but I thought with going to the gym I can prove her wrong.... I've done 10lbs and so want to get that stone off but I don't think it's happening this week :( I'll be gutted if I don't at least get 2lbs off. I've not eaten all week (I had 1 extra tetra brick after the gym which I'm sure wont hurt) so surely it's impossible for me not to lose something! I know I know I need to be patient and all will be good in te end, but the problem is that I'm not! lol Anyone else had any really crap weight loss through no fault of their own? Do you tend to have another brill week on the next weigh in?

Well done Enough on with the 3lb loss hunnyxxx

Towergilly, I have a hugeeee tummy. I know exactly how you feel, Im forever tugging at my top at the tummy because I think its clingying. But dont worry hun, we are ALL on the right track and sticking to it 100%. At the beginning of the year I went to LA and I was about 23st and a size 28 trousers and about 28/30 in some tops. When I got to my lowest on cd at 18st 10 I was down to a size 24 evans trousers and a 24/26 top. I still am but its alot more snug than before. But I did this in only 14 weeks, could you imagine how long that would take on many other diets hun. I didnt even think I could ever get into the teens but I did. Ive added some pictures to show you the difference in my face esp.

MissPiggyNMore, hun dont worry about your weigh in hun. I had a few weeks before when I had STS but I knew I had lost inches cause my trousers felt so much looser and when my cdc took the measurements I had lost an inch here and an inch there. So sometimes it may not show in the scaled but it will in your clothes hun.
One extra brick will make NO difference to your weight loss at all hun, I had weeks when Id had ss+ meals in the week but still had losses so dont panick and DONT weigh yourself until WI day :whoopass: hehehhee!! You'll also see a defo loss next weigh in if not this week hun xxx

Last edited:
Cheers. In my head I kinda know that, but refuse to accept it because I want to see the scales telling me that I've lost weight!!! lol I've not been measured since I started so will get my counsellor to do it on friday. I'm a nightmare with scales, I get obsessed which is why I gave my scales to a friend a few months ago to get them out the house before, but then I put loads of weight on and didnt realise until I finally got them back and when I stood on them I nearly fell of in shock! The first 2 weeks of CD I could see almost half a lb dropping off each morning so it was so motivating....seeing that I'm not starving myself for nothing haha. Maybe I should get rid of the scales again!

It's so motivating to chat to people on here, I think I'd have caved in if I hadn't found this site. Thanks guys.

Hey everyone! Welcome to the new team members!! :) Its nice seeing this forum busy again with lots of support and positivity!! :p

Oh and towergilly each of our goals are a personal thing, and if yours is size 22 jeans then you shouldnt be ashamed of that. Mine is to shop in topshop! Oh and to be able to proper see my collar bone! When those two things happen my journey will be complete!!

IndianPrincess - Your weightloss already has been fantastic!! You can see an absolutely massive difference in your face i couldnt believe it! Iv lost about a stone n a half n all my friends tend to joke about the stone coming off my head! :p Apparently its before this it was abnormally large! haha. Also i totally agree on the tummy front, its definitely the area im most looking forward to losing!! Iv been attempting a ton of exercises on one of those exercise balls but im really rubbish at it and dont seem to have a centre of gravity because i keep falling off! :p havent yet been injured but i am expecting it!!

MissPiggynomore - can you not just get rid of your scales whilst on the CD? And only get weighed by your CDC? Then once you are on maintenance or completed your journey you could get them back just to keep you on track and keep an eye on your weight? Thankfully my flat scales are in my friends room so i can use them all the time! I swear if they were mine id be on em constantly throughout the day!!!

Anywho im off to gym in a bit... got to get rid of some of this flubber! :p lol

x

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to say thanks for being such a great team. Everyone has supported me so much over the last few weeks. We all know how hard it can be on this diet. Even though I am at goal (its weird saying that) I will still pop on here to say hi and see how you are all doing. Just remember if I can do it then anyone can. I was the biggest failed dieter ever. I WILL NOT GO BACK THERE. Maintenance is really hard but im just so happy to fit in size 12's that i am determined to keep going. I am even thinking of going swimming

I have added a honeymoon pic and wedding pic-more on the way for inspiration.

Good Luck everyone!

Louise

Well done! I bet you felt great for your wedding! Stick a fat photo on the back of the kitchen cupboard door where you keep all the nice food to remind yourself what happens when you eat too much. That's supposed to be motivating to help you maintain.
I'd love to see your photos but I can't?

Thanks- you need to get to 50 posts and then you will be able to view everyones pics (very motivating) just post on a couple of the word games or just say hi to new people in other forum threads. Make sure you log out and back on again and you should be able to see the pics.

Lovely to see you Louise!

(I've missed you breezing in here and inspiring us... you're a star! :) )

I hope you can pop by from time to time, let us know how it's going...

I know it's supposed to be 6 people in a team, but IMHO, if anyone's been in this team, then you are part of the alumni :D and have a place here forever!! :)

So glad you had a lovely honeymoon!

See you soon (in fact, in about 20 seconds when I look at your new pictures!! :p)

Vxx

I've been playing the word games like crazy to try and get 50 posts but I didn't log out and back in. Thank for the tip, seen your pics now, wow! Very motivating for me I have to say. I'm on week 3 and so bored now, I need all the motivation I can get, and seeing what I could do on this diet too really helps! You look great for it, well done.

Back