The Sliminators - Team 5

EEek! Just about to head out the door, back late tomorrow night.. and I'd forgotten about the contest! ..We have three results to submit, so I'll quickly do those..

Tower and Indigo, You can pm IreneH yourself (if you go to the main Teams thread, you'll quickly see she's running this show! :D).. and just ask for your stats to be included in Sliminator's results!!

oh.. why oh why did I go out til 5am, then have to catch a train at midday??!! Just cause I'm loosing weight I seem to be regressing to my partying twenties!!!

Great party last night, and soooo many comments about how I was looking.. hadn't seen them in six months.. And the best bit! I'm on SS+ and I danced all night, then managed to get the kebab shop to grill me a tiny bit of grilled chicken and just have it with lettuce - so I stayed 100% SS+ HAHA!! That was soo funny.. didn't think there's be any way on earth I could stay 100 SS+ in a kebab shop at 3am!! Haha! ..and, sorry, I'll stop waffling in a mo (I'm just tired!), but it's Great going out on the lash and drinking sparkling water - noone notices/minds/cares, and I felt great - no hangover, no regrets, and I can actually remember the lovely people I'm lucky enough to know (And can remember all the embarrassing things that happened :D)

Right - jumping off cloud nine and running for the train...

Sorry to have forgotten to pre-empt this happening.. Have a lovely weekend folks, and I'll 'see' you when I'm home again (?late tomorrow/monday morning)

Vx

I didn't PM you my results Enough, but I posted on here and you have my last weeks weigh in so I'm assuming you have all the info you need....let me know if not!

Downesy, what is the husk stuff you use? I bought some fibre but it doesnt thicken anything up an i just add it to drinks. Quite fancy thickening shakes up.

Well I'm feeling proud today. I managed my first spinning class at the gym since Ive been on SS, I've avoided them so far as theyre hardcoreand I didn't want to risk collapsing or something! I burned off 700 calories and stayed conscious!! I then did a 3 legged race for charity, a hole lap of the stadium. I am feeling knackered now!!! But hopefully the pain will pay off at next weeks WI :)

They are psyllium husks, I get them from the health shop, if you're getting them make sure they are pure husks. They are great IMO, just add them to a shake with hot water, it thickens up then and viola, lovely porridgy like meal. It can be a bit like a gooey texture but that doesn't bother me, it feels like I'm having something decent to eat and it keeps me regular so bonus!!
I had my first horse riding lesson today girls, and I tell you what, it's definitely a hard workout, I can feel it on my legs and my bum already. But it was great.

I might try some of that then when I've finished this tub of fibre I just bought. I eat a lot of the porridges, apple and cinnamon, love them and like you I feel like I'm actually eating something which seems to fill me up and be more mentally satisfying!

I've not ridden a horse since I was a teenager. Everyone I know who rides has a mega tight ass though, it's known for working out the legs and thighs. I know of a couple of people who have been in serious accidents through horse riding (my best friend used to own stables and a riding school so heard all the horsey gossip), one was even fatal and it's put me off riding again. I'd love to get back on a horse one day if I can find the confidence. I've turned into quite a wuss since I've been an adult and had kids! :( lol

To be honest, I was terrified of falling off to. I was early for my lesson so I was watching the kiddies class before mine began, they were all fantastic, didn't seem to have any fear at all, I just want to be like that. I know I'm never gonna be a show-jumper or anything but it's something I've wanted to do forever so I'm gonna keep it up, try to lose the fear and try and get a tight ass, how good would that be :)

I think the husks are well worth it, give them a chance, you might not get a consistency you like at first but just experiment and you'll get there. I don't know how I managed without them before, I have it everyday now and I really look forward to it.

I've just been out for a coffee with a friend, she has just gotten some bad news and asked me to meet her for a chat, she was there before me and ordered, problem was I haven't seen her in a while and she forgot about my diet and ordered me a mocha, I felt really bad for her so didn't bother changing it. I drank it and now I'm feeling guilty, I should have just changed it, although I don't think it's the worse thing in the world. I actually don't feel as bad as I should I suppose, just wanted to get it off my chest.

Anyway, that's my news, how's everyone else getting on?

well done on your riding lesson - i've always wanted to try it but lack of confidence-lard arse have prevented me cant wait not to be and try it!
i think of would have done the same thing in the coffee situation i accidently ate 2 peices of dried apple then realised what i was doing! but i'm glad i did as i realised how often i do things to please people or subconsiously any way another week down! and another 9lb's joy!

Well done Towergilly, 9lbs down, that's brilliant. It's weird that we eat things without even thinking about it sometimes, I've done that on this diet, usually once I realise I spit it out into the bin but it shocks me that I can eat without even noticing. With regards to having the coffee, I'm not gonna beat myself up about it, sometimes things like this happen, likewise with you and the apple. It's happened, no point in dealing on it, we just have to get over it and move on.

Im sure a coffee wont hurt too much, especially if you didnt put sugar in it. You're allowed skimmed milk on SS+ anyway which has the same loss as SS apparently, just try and ignore the fact it might have been full fat! lol At the absolute worst I dont think it would affect you more than half a pound, probably nothing! Run up and down the stairs a few times and then everything will be ok :)

I had a dream last night that I was at an old friend's from school (who I've not seen for over 10 years so not sure why she was in it!) and she left a sandwich in her bedroom and I picked it up and startd eating it and after a couple of bites I remembered I was on a diet and really panicked that I'd messed up! How bizarre!

I went to the gym today and burned off 400 cals on the treadmill ten sat out in the sun all day watching boat racing at the lake and feeling really tired now but have to go out again soon.

Towergilly, 9lbs?! Wow! Is this your 3rd week? Go girl!!!

Hey!
Iv done the eating without realising too!! When i was on the phone i nibbled on some undiluted jelly that was sat on the side! which normally i wud never have.. it was just sat there and i was fiddling lol.. i spat it out as soon as i realised. :p

I went to the gym today aswell misspiggynomore! absolutely kills me though. :p how long do u spend on things? Im doing about 50 mins alltogether, literally do it until i can barely stand. lol im trying to build my stamina atm see and work through the burn as normally id give up as soon as it started aching!

Im a little peeved today to be fair.. a few of my friends are doing this with me and one of them started at 11.9 and is now 10.10 in two weeks, but shes eaten a kebab, garlic bread, a pizza, crisps and beer! I was golden my first two weeks and i lost the same as her! Now im struggling to get under the 18st mark, (im 18.2) those 2 pounds will not go! Iv had chicken about 3 times in the 5 weeks iv been on it and thats only when iv been to the gym.. Is just really infuriating, i want to eat pizza and lose weight! Maybe alot of its jealousy... im just trying so hard at this! :p Im not gonna weigh myself until thursday (my WI day) and hope theyve disappeared and im finally in the 17s! :D

x

If you're friend is eating pizza and drinking beer then she's not really doing CD is she?! Everyone's body reacts differently to dieting, maybe she's just one of these people who react really well initially, but as her metabolism slows, trust me, she will not do as well as you if she's eating crap! Plus she's a lot lighter, and the less you weigh, the less cals you need, and the slower weight comes off, or will do soon! She's got away with it so far but it will bite her on the bum soon enough I bet! Anyway, you've not even been on this diet a month and have lost 25lb, what are you moaning about?!!!lol. I've been on it 3 weeks and lost 12.5lbs which I think is good. They tell you to expect a loss of 1 stone a month and you're nearly double that so far, so stop worrying! Everyone responds differently, so forget what your friends are doing ad focus on your own fantastic achievement! And seeing as you'v done so well maybe you're just due a 'slower' week which is normal. Continue sticking to the diet and that 2 lbs will be off in no time, plus an extra 2 stone before you know it! If you're strong, motivated and comitted then you have a higher chance of maintaining too, if you're friend can't even cut out pizza and beer whilst she's on the diet imagine what she'll be eating afterwards?! She'll pile the weight back on if she doesn't get control of what she eats. It's all positive for you! :)

My workouts are different to usual at the minute coz I don't have as much energy on CD. I try to focus on how many cals I burn off at the minute. I did 400 cals on the treadmill today in half an hour and then trained my abs. Yesterday I did a spinning class which is 45 mins and seriously hardcore and burned off over 700 cals. I try and train my lower body once a week and upper body once a week too to stop my muscles going and to keep my metabolism as high as possible. I used to be really fit and get quite muscley pretty easily so I don't worry about what I do too much at the minute, I just want to be slim again! I go to the gym 3 times a week right now and aim to burn off 1500-2000 cals which means I burn off about half a pound but also keep my metabolism raised which will keep me burning more fat outside of the gym too. I'll shut up now I'm probably boring you haha. I was married to a world class athlete and have a personal trainer as a best friend so get quite into the technical side of exercise as they like to make sure I'm know all the facts! haha

just wanted to say ta you guy's are fab! have a great week x

All very quite on the Sliminator front?! Hope everyone is ok?

I've had a dodgy tummy today wierdly! I'm on week 4 and have had absolutely none of the side effects they say you might initially get due to the high vitamin concentrate (ie the trots!!), infact I've been completely the opposite. Yet today I've had a horrible tummy so I'm a bit confused. It's definately nothing I've eaten!!! haha The kids are well, no tummy bugs anywhere and I'm well into this diet now so seems a bit odd. I feel fine in myself, not sicky or anything and I'm drinking loads of water. Has anyone else experienced anything like this so far into the diet? I have a job interview tomorrow so really hope it sorts itself out before quickly! On the plus side, it might improve my WI this week haha (gotta think positive huh!)

How did we get on with the team comp this week by the way?

Hey MissPiggynomore, I actually go through stages of that. I can be stuck on the loo all day (sorry, TMI) one week and then nothing the next. But no pain or sickness feeling, think it is just a side effect of CD, and as you said, it will probably do your WI the world of good :).
I think we came second in the weekly weigh-in, Enough, do you know?

Ah cool, so it's not just me. It's strange how I can go from one extreme to the other! Maybe I'm overdosing on the fibre lol.

I put a suit on for the first time in a few weeks today and felt really good when I got a glimpse of myself in the full length mirror, I can really tell I'm losing weight now :)

I don't understand the team rankings, I looked on the results page but all the names and stars etc just confuse me and it made no sense.

Hiya!

The results for this week were:

2.58% CD W8 Warrior Princesses!*** (21)
2568d1219874696-team-7-fat-fighters-main-thread-star.bmp
W16
2999d1226167441-pink-star-pink-star.bmp
W16
W21 4 results RuthG (3.89%)

1.90% The Sliminators (25)
W8
W23
W25
W8
W9
W23
W25 4 results towergilly (3.02%)

1.21% The Water Babes (9)
W5
W15
W 18
W5
W15
W18 4 results Kelly1977 (1.75%)

So, yes! We came second, with Towergilly loosing an amazing 3.02% !!!

Congratulations Towerg! Congrats Whole Team!!! :D

Vxxx

What do the stars and W9s etc mean, and the different colours?

seeing stars! :)

Example:
WEEK 25 RESULTS:
3.5%
The Sliminators (25)
W8
W23
W8
W9
W23 4 results Towergilly (5.6%)

-----------------------------------------
What this means:

3.5% = How much weight we've lost (as a %age of how much we all weighed last week)

The Sliminators (25) = Our name, and we're team number 25

W8
W23 = Our Group won in Weeks 8 and 23

W8
W9
W23 = The Individual Looser of the week came from our team weeks 8, 9 and 23.

4 results = This week we submitted 4 results

Towergilly (5.6%) = This week, our individual Looser of the week was Towergilly, having lost 5.6% of what she weighed last week.

------------------------------------------
..And you can tell that we won in week 25 because:
-We're at the top of the list
-We have higher %ages than the other teams
-Because it's us and we're Great! :D
------------------------------------------

So, now you know what it all means, when you look at week 26 you can see that they have mentioned our week 25 win in the figures, for both group and individual! :)

WEEK 26 RESULTS:
1.90% The Sliminators (25)
W8
W23
W25
W8
W9
W23
W25 4 results towergilly (3.02%)

Hope that's helpful :)

Vxx

Ah cheers, all makes sense now! :)

Hey gals, Im so sorry that I havent posted for a few days. Im having a hard time at the moment emotionally but Im ok. Its 6 years since my mum passed this Friday and Im trying my best to keep positive. I didnt actually offically start till Monday, I just couldnt think straight. But its now day 3 and I have a slighy headache but have lots more energy that the last 2 days wahoooooo!!!! Otherwise Im ok just trying to stay focused on the diet and not let anything stop me!
PLUS this weather is KILLLINGGGGGGG ME!!!!! Oh man London is soooo hot and everyone is in their summer dresses boooohooooo!!! I cannot wait till August and Ill be in my size 18 dress hehehe! Not exactly amazing but its the smallest Ive been in 7 years!!!
How is everyone else doing today?xxx

Hope you're ok IP. I'm sure your mum will be looking down on you right now feeling proud :) You're halfway through the worst week now so hang in there!

It's baking here in Milton Keynes too, I've been stripping off and walking around the house in my underwear as it's too hot to get dressed, and I still don't look quite right in my summer dresses and am fed up of jeans sticking to me! I can't wait to get my legs out and let the air flow when I've lost a few more pounds!

Back