The Sliminators - Team 5

Hi guys!

New year, new you!! :) How exciting is this?!

So - time to see who's here...

If you've been a member in the past, you're VERY welcome to come back, and if you're new - Welcome!

add your name to this list if you're 'in' for the new Sliminators 2010! :)

1) Enough
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Look forward to seeing your name above!

Vx

Right! I think this is us! - The new team for 2010

1) Enough
2) Towergilly
3) Indianprincess
4) Specialk
5) Wannabslim
6) ICanDoIt

How exciting!

Welcome new people, and welcome back those who have had a break :)

Vxx

(PS - If I've missed you out, and you want to be part of the team, then please message me - it's not on purpose!... x)

thanx

Excellent thank you!

Yay indeed!! :D

..it's a pleasure 'Ican' - How are you getting on?

..in fact, how's everyone getting on?

Vx

ok i suppose

Its only day 1 and a rather chilled out one so its not going to badly.

The afternoon nap helped!

Think the weekend will go by fine but back to work Monday. Not sure how im going to be then. I have planned my shakes for work so cant do any more but have a positive attitude.

How are you getting on?

well done

Off to bed
Thanks for all the support for day one and il be back on line tomorrow.
Well done everyone who started today

hey all

i will be starting on monday, as i still have old stuff from when i did CD few months ago, so all i am waiting for is a CDC to get back to me if not i will begrudgingly go back to my old one, although she has an added bonus of a cheep petrol station near by...

K

Happy New Year lovely teamies!

I'm restarting on Monday - off to Cheltenham for the weekend tomorrow so won't be about until I have restarted :) am so excited, can't wait to start!

Thanks for welcoming me into your team xx

day 2

Hi everyone

hows it going?
day 2 and all ok so far. not even hungry yet but keeping myself busy.
When should I start to see ketosis signs?

Happy New Year to you too, wannabe! Have a lovely weekend!.. and great to see you so excited about Monday - I'm guessing you're upping your water and reducing your carbs in preparation.. I'm trying to up the water at the mo... pee-ing all the time, but it feels healthy :)

Coingrats Ican! ..I didn't get any signs of ketosis at all.. my strategy is to simply stick with the plan, know that it works, and not worry about it.. you'll see the results in the long term, and that's the main thing.. some people get really into it, but ketostix to test their urine etc, but I've never bothered with any of that.. i think it can become one of those things like weighing yourself.. I went through a stage of weighing myself multiple times a day, and it wasn't doing me any good at all! best to just trust in the process, i say.. but then maybe that's just me..

..that's one of the funny things about this whole process isn't it: so much of it is about Not doing something, but our brains aren't wired that way: Don't think about a white polar bear.. are you not thinking about a white polar bear yet? ..with big blue eyes! heehee... I guess that's the benefit of minimins, is just at the point in CD when you're simple goal is to not worry about it and not think about it, you can displace that need by coming here and chatting.. works a treat! :)

personally I thought that day two was harder than day one... it does get easier and easier though... just get through these first few days and you'll be laughing! :)

Vxx

Thanks V

Im so used to thinking about food, talking about food, shopping, cooking or eating it.
Its just strange that a huge lump is missing. If that makes sence. I just need to fill that time with other things.
Just cleaned out the kitchen drawers. Going to get loads done around the house because i feel im at a lose end.
Suppose cd gets you thinking about the unhealthy relationship with food. Its an obsession for me thats for sure.

yep - me too... that's one reaon's CDs so good.. get addicted to this place for a while... especially the 'bring your head inside and the rest will follow' section

Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

...just think how fab it's going to be when you're buzzing with energy from ketosis, you are lighter and more free to run around, and you'll have so much more time available for doing things, going places.. it's great.. at first I found it really odd thinking and doing less about food.. I guess gamblers and alcoholic go through similar when they stop spending all their time in the bookies/pub.. but once free from it, I think it can feel liberating.. How exciting!

:)

So, do you have a list of things you used to like doing, or would like to start that you're now going to have more time for? ..or are you simply going to join us here regularly whilst you get through the tricky bits?

Vx

V
Back to work Monday so that will fill my time after being off for 2 weeks over christmas. Along with this website and doing stuff around the house I should be ok. Might start excercising when iv lost enough weight. I used to enjoy jogging but it hurts my knees at the moment because im too heavy.
Never thought about eating as an addiction before. Off to foodies anonomous!
I love this website and im going to stay on here throughout the journey for support and to support others.

Going to check out the forum you suggested 'bring your head inside and the rest will follow'

thanks
x

Glad to see we are getting on!

Who is the moderator person of this group?
What day will WI day be?
are we doing challenges and stuff?

i am starting on monday, and i can truly say, ive done no preperation at all water up or carbs down... hmm gunna suffer

i will warn you all now, i am a ship in the night, as i work evenings, i am about during the day and absent in the evenings, so i will be knocking about closer to midnight.

K x

Glad to see we are getting on!

Who is the moderator person of this group?

That's me :) ..when I went travelling in August/Sept, Towergilly did a fab job as moderator.. it's me again for the time being, but if anyone fancies either having a go one week, being a deputy, or simply finding out more, then that'd be great.. when I first took on moderator it was by popular consent of all the members of the group, but I'm aware it's a different bunch of people now, so really it's still me, but without being voted in, as such... I guess we need to give it time for people to settle in and find their feet for a little while first, and then we can see if anyone else fancies the role...

What day will WI day be?

We've been having a break from submitting results for a while before Christmas, because none of the teams were submitting anything.. as most of us are starting afresh over the next week, we'll have a start stat at least, but not a loss stat until next week...

once we're back up and running, you're welcome to either thread post or send me your WI stat by private message (whatever suits)
any day of the week - most people like to do it the day they see their CDC..

however, if it's not with me by Sunday morning, then it cant be included.. sometimes we want a week off, or haven't seen our CDC for some reason... the sliminators have never stuck closely to the rule about leaving the group if you don't submit stats.. sometimes life gets in the way a little... just do your best, and hopefully, you'll want to share your ups and downs, cause this'll be the place to come and be yourself :)

are we doing challenges and stuff?

do you have something in mind? we haven't in the past because we're often at different stages or have differing needs.. if we did do anything like that it'd be nice to make it a 'free to opt in/opt out scenario so we all feel that this is a supportive space whatever's going on for us... could be fun though, if you have something in mind..?

i am starting on monday, and i can truly say, ive done no preperation at all water up or carbs down... hmm gunna suffer

i will warn you all now, i am a ship in the night, as i work evenings, i am about during the day and absent in the evenings, so i will be knocking about closer to midnight.

..the beauty of the internet! :)

K x

V
Back to work Monday so that will fill my time after being off for 2 weeks over christmas. Along with this website and doing stuff around the house I should be ok. Might start excercising when iv lost enough weight. I used to enjoy jogging but it hurts my knees at the moment because im too heavy.
Never thought about eating as an addiction before. Off to foodies anonomous!
I love this website and im going to stay on here throughout the journey for support and to support others.

Going to check out the forum you suggested 'bring your head inside and the rest will follow'

thanks
x

yeah.. my knee still hurts a little, but nowhere near like it used to... just so glad I did something about it before it was too late and it got much worse.. now I just need to start walking a lot more to strengthen the muscles around my knee... what a relief to shift some of the weight it was carrying though... like taking off a heavy rucksack! :)

lots of love,

V (foody-anon! :) )

Cheers for that V

there seems to be a few of us that have started this week or next week, so maybe some little challenges.

simple things like lose x amount of lbs across 4 weeks, just keeping a running total and have our own mini WIs within the group as well as with the rest of the board?

its only an idea, i like little things to keep me amused, shiny things normally :)

K x

little goals

I would like little goals that I need to post as well. Would keep me more motivated to stick on track if I feel im letting others down and have to be honest about any failures.

I get weighed thursday evening. Can I just post my weight loss on here. I cant pm yet as I havent made enough posts. Might have by Thursday. Do I just let you know my loss or my new weight? How does it work?

There's been a break in entering the teams competition for a little while now, but I'm sure it'll be back up and running soon... we can start it ourselves anyway, within the team, and then enter if it's running, not if it's not... Here's how it works:

The minimum I need to enter you is your weight last week (in pounds), and your weight loss since then (in pounds).. and then you get a figure that looks like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Calculations for each individual %:
number of lbs lost divided by weight last week in pounds multiplied by 100.

Calculations for team %:
total number of lbs lost divided by total number of last week's weights in pounds multiplied by 100
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so it's the actual percentage of who you were last week, that isn't there any more! amazing to think of it like that!

..you might also be interested to see the general team rules too...

Rules for CD Teams
Each team has 6 members, one of whom is the designated team leader.

Each member weighs weekly and submits results to the team leader.

Team leader submits weekly team % result and biggest loser result between Thurs and Sun either on the weekly thread or by pm. Deadline is Sun at 6 pm.

As results must be sent to the organiser of the CD Challenge by 6pm on a Sunday all results for that week must be sent to the captain of the team by 3pm allowing time for the team captain to calculate the team results.

Therefore if a team member fails to send results by this time, the captain is at liberty to replace the member.

A team needs to have 3 results to be able to win the Team award

Calculations for each individual %:
number of lbs lost divided by weight last week in pounds multiplied by 100.

Calculations for team %:
total number of lbs lost divided by total number of last week's weights in pounds multiplied by 100
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that's interesting - for me, it's much more about a space to chat idley, than the contest - we can really get a chance to get to know each other, and support the ups and downs here..

right - I'm off out to see some mates...

'see' you all laters!

Vxx

Heya, I'm starting tomorrow and my WI's will be on Sundays so I'll have my result to you Sunday morning :)

So excited, can't wait to start losing - I think little goals sounds like a good idea if everyone else is up for it xx

Back