The Sliminators - Team 5

Hi! How are you?

I don't know if you have been lurking and quiet, or have not been around for a while - either way, it'd be lovely to hear from you on how you are doing! :)

I'm good - moving to a new part of the country and very busy with work and more postgrad work, and a new relationship, so I'm happy, but rarely around these days..

I'd love to hear from you though.. and how you're getting on :)

Vxx

Vxx

So, guys, I'm wondering what's happening with the Sliminators.. Maybe it is just quiet at the moment, maybe it has no members.. maybe it has had it's day......

When I went on holiday last August I handed over the leadership to another member, and when I got back, it had all disbanded a little.. we got it back up and running, but since the competitions ended just before Christmas I've found it hard to keep the momentum/motivation going in the same way- people join then leave without saying they're off, and I'm now wondering if we still have anyone here at all!

If you are here (lurking), and you're still wanting support then msg me and we can look at strengthening the Sliminators again..

It's so important that if you're wanting support and you have come here for it, that you're feeling heard and supported..

Vx

Fresh team!

Hi New Team members! (And old members alike!)

I've started advertising for new members so we can have a whole fresh team! How exciting! And anyone who hasn't been here for a while IS still very welcome to come back - so look forward to seeing you if you're up for it!

Vxx

Hi Enough,

Thank you for inviting me onto your team.

Hi everyone, i am new to this team. I am a CD returner :( i have lost 7lb so far and have my 2nd WI tonight. I dont think i will lose anything as i hada planeed day off on saturday for a hen night and also TOTM has arrived :(

I have to go onto the pill injection today which i am not too happy about as its known for weight gain. But hey ho im sure as long as i am good and carry on being 100% then ill be fine.

Hope you are all haveing a good day xxx

Hi everyone,

Nice to *meet* you all! I'm new too (thanks Enough for the invite!) :)

I'm also a CD returner - I managed to get down to goal 3 years ago, but didn't do the stabalisation or maintenance period (was originally on LL but my counsellor quit part way through, so I had to transfer to CD for the last month or so).

Anyhow it all crept back on again :sigh: but I've finally admitted to myself I need to get back on it and see it through properly this time!

Oiseau x

Hi everyone :):)

Also new and thanks for the invite - lovely to meet you and hope to get to know you all well.

I'm a CD returner. Started dieting in September 2009, at a weight of 23st 7lb. Started on another more expensive diet, then switched to CD and so glad i did :) I'd managed to get down to a good weight at Christmas before i became ill and had to stop for a while (not diet related, due to my asthma). But now i'm coming back on the diet - having managed to maintain my weight in the interim at 16st 4. I had a 4 day weigh in and lost 8lb as at monday .. fingers x'd, next weigh in is tuesday and the loss is another goodie :)

I am hoping to get down to 9st 7lb :) so probably here for a good while to get there

/llama

Hi - thankyou for the invite to join the team :D

I'm very new to CD and as you can see from my post count pretty new to the forum.

I am on Day 5 of week 1 and doing SS. I am amazed I have lasted this long and can only hope this is the start of things to come.

I have a huge amount of weight to lose. Starting weight of 23 stone 9.5 :eek::eek::eek: and would like to be 11 stone 7. I've never been that weight since I was around 16 or 17 :(

Food has always been an emotional habit and crutch for me (happy, sad, tired, lonely, celebrating - hey, food is needed :eek:)
Weigh in for me is Sunday morning.

OK, I'll have a look through the thread now I've said hello and get more of a feel for everything.

Hi Guys,

Well i am smiling from earto ear. i have just had my WI and even though i am totm, had a day off plan for a hen night on saturday, moved over to the pill injection and have just started meds for low thyroids i still managed to lose 3lbs whoop whop!!!!!!!
I am soooooo happy

Nice one Dione :D

Thanks White Tulip,

I am struggling this morning. I dont know why but i always struggle the day after WI my head tells me "just 1 day off wont hurt" :(
grrrrr i so want food!!!

Hi Guys!

Did it work out ok this morning Dione? Maybe it was a dip after the celebration of yesterday's brilliant result? Congrats!! :D

Hi Everyone! How exciting that you're starting a *new* team all together...

(If you're reading this, and you're a longer term Sliminator, then Hi again! You're VERY welcome to come back and join in - please do - be lovely to hear from all/any Sliminators.. once a Sliminator, always a Sliminator, that's what I say! :) )

So.. as for the definite new folk (plus me).. we have:

Dione
Oiseau
Badllamaone
White Tulip
Cartwoman
Enough

plus the alumni of Sliminators who are welcome to come by..

So, how have your days been?

I'm just recovering from having my gall bladder out at the mo, so I'm not allowed to be doing CD at the mo.. my CDC is still being very lovely though, and texting to see how I'm doing - what a star.. I guess I should move over to the new lingo.. it's not cambridge diet and cambridge diet counsellor now, is it? I'm just so used to that! :)

anyway, How are you?

Enough xx

Hi everyone!

I'm Sil, 29 years old and I want to shed my weight before my 30th in November ;).
I started cd at the end of January and I've now lost 3 st and 6 lbs. I still need to loose another 3 stone, but I'm getting there. After a month of not really sticking to it, I'm back on track and determined to get those nasty 3 stones of.

And eeeep! I hope you're feeling arlight Enough, sounds like a hefty thing that happened.

Had another good day. Really can't understand why I've not given in etc yet. I'm another post-weigh in binger so Sunday might be very hard for me.

Quick question to ask - the Golden Vegetable water flavour; although I know you can't have them until week 3, I'm thinking ahead a bit. Does it taste kind of like a thin stock? You just mix it with hot water? If so, I think it might help the difficult time of day for me which is 4.30 to 7.

it does taste a bit like a light soup and is essentially a veggie stock ... i use (and my cdc said it was the same thing) swiss vegeatable bouillon which is in the world foods aisle in the supermarkets (the purple tin which i think is the one without the salt). Also compared the ingredients and cals etc and it all is the same .. but £2 for a big tin.

Whichever you get, it's one teaspoon in hot water a day :) and it is a godsend tbh :):) really helps me out in the evenings when i get a bit tempted.

Enough - sounds like a pretty heavy op, hope you are getting better!!

Cartwoman - fab siggy :):) i love Simon's cat :) My hometown used to be Plymouth - where abouts do you live hon?

As for me ... today i'm struggling but so far have managed to be good :) so hoping for a nice loss on this first week. disturbing how quickly i'm getting what i call the "anti - stretch marks" where my body had been stretched and where i'm losing the weight quickly - those silvery lines .. some of em are pretty deep and wide this time but i guess that's a good sign.

Badllamaone - thanks, love Simon's cat ^^ I live in the Keyham-area. Lovely view on the park :D and I see the same marks on my body. Especially on my tum.

I had to get up at 5 today and I've only slept 5 hours. This is going to be horrible at work. Hopefully it won't be too busy and I'll survive until 14.30 and then fall asleep when I get home again. But I have my bar and tetra with me for today ^^

Have a great Saturday everyone.

badlamaone - cheers for that - I think some kind of stock will really help me in the hours after work and before dinner. How much does 1tsp mix with? I know the sweet drink flavours are 1 tsp per litre.

Wonder how I will get on today with it being a Saturday. I don't really feel motivated to do lots of distracting things (ie housework) but I think I might struggle a bit today.

Hi Guys!

Did it work out ok this morning Dione? Maybe it was a dip after the celebration of yesterday's brilliant result? Congrats!! :D

Hi Everyone! How exciting that you're starting a *new* team all together...

(If you're reading this, and you're a longer term Sliminator, then Hi again! You're VERY welcome to come back and join in - please do - be lovely to hear from all/any Sliminators.. once a Sliminator, always a Sliminator, that's what I say! :) )

So.. as for the definite new folk (plus me).. we have:

Dione
Oiseau
Badllamaone
White Tulip
Cartwoman
Enough

plus the alumni of Sliminators who are welcome to come by..

So, how have your days been?

I'm just recovering from having my gall bladder out at the mo, so I'm not allowed to be doing CD at the mo.. my CDC is still being very lovely though, and texting to see how I'm doing - what a star.. I guess I should move over to the new lingo.. it's not cambridge diet and cambridge diet counsellor now, is it? I'm just so used to that! :)

anyway, How are you?

Enough xx
Hi Hun,

Yeah it worked out for me, managed to stay 100% which im pleased with.

WOW big op hun, hope you are feeling ok xxx ((HUGS)) to you xxx

Hi everyone!

I'm Sil, 29 years old and I want to shed my weight before my 30th in November ;).
I started cd at the end of January and I've now lost 3 st and 6 lbs. I still need to loose another 3 stone, but I'm getting there. After a month of not really sticking to it, I'm back on track and determined to get those nasty 3 stones of.

And eeeep! I hope you're feeling arlight Enough, sounds like a hefty thing that happened.

Hi hun,

3 st 6lb wot an amazing loss!!!! Im sure you will lose the rest with ease. Youve come this far, so keep at it xxxxx

Morning guys,

How is everyone this morning? Well i went to boxercise last night. ive missed 2 weeks due to events so it killed lol. I love it though. its really tough but it makes you feel so good after.

Ive just had my 1st shake and will be taking the dog for a run. Nothing too much though as he has hip dysplacia so i cant go too far. CDC said i have to keep my running to a min as im on ss. going to start running twice a week once i go up the plans so i am prepared for excercise once i am on a higher calorie.

I know i am going to struggle later. My friend is coming down with a bottle of wine and hubby has the bbq on for the world cup. I am determined not to giveina nd stay 100% but i know it is going to be soooo hard:(
how is everyone else doing today?

Morning team :D

Well, first week weigh in.......and i've lost exactly......

1 stone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bliss:

I am so pleased with this, it really doesn't seem possible !! I never ever thought I could last a day on CD, let alone a week.

I don't feel any different ie clothes don't feel any looser but then they were all getting a bit 'fitted' so perhaps will start to move to 'fitting' and then 'loose'.

After that, any loss next week is great and I'm also really pleased in that my starting BMI of 51.99 is now 49.8 so I'm under 50 which also feels that litle bit better.

Do I contact anyone separately to report this result??

Back