The slow train to a slimmer me :)

nickycc41

I done it! 4 weeks and I've lost my first stone! When they told me to get the operation I needed I had to lose 6 stone in 8 months it seemed like an impossible target, but now I am feeling much more positive.
I cant eat bread, pasta, rice, cheese, potatoes and eggs as I get a very quick allergic reaction and violently sick so you think losing weight would be a doodle, but it truly wasn't. I have a constant cough (for the last 15 years) due to reflux and oesophagitis. and the muscle to the top and bottom of my stomach has ceased working. things reached their worst at the beginning of last year when they found that my lungs contained stomach acid, for years I had been told it was asthma, then copd then pulmonary fibrosis. I get about an hour and a halfs sleep a night but only if I sit upright on the settee. The constant coughing has affected my bladder, and the lack of exercise due to it all has caused my weight to go up drastically. It was the final straw of them refusing to operate unless my bmi is less than 30 that kick started me into trying to 1) lose the weight and 2) get some quality of life back
So here I am on the road to a slimmer me and hopefully I can get that operation done sooner or later. I was advised to apply for special funding for a gastric bypass as it would help all round, where I am they wont do this unless my BMI was over 50 :( well sure wasnt going to put weight on to reach the 50! Just cant be asked going through hassle of special funding application, nor do I want a gastric bypass, yes the weight comes off quick but from the programmes and research I have done, it leaves you with bags of skin and think I would hate that far more than how I look now.
I am exercising to the best of my ability, cant always do a full work out as the coughing fits are very bad and my breathing capacity is very low. But I try and manage it about 2 days a week, the rest of the time I use an air walker and lift small weights above my head
This is my life and I will start living it again. I stopped going out completely, just didnt have the confidence and got fed up with people shrinking away from me each time the coughing started, felt like wearing a t shirt that says I am not contagious! But now I am pushing myself to go out and do more :eek:)
I havent gone to see my doctor yet, I find them very unsupportive and I can honestly give myself a pat on the back and can say what weight has come off is down to me, hard work, good food planning and the wonderful range of recipes there are and slimmers world :) I will get there, my mind is set and my goal is reachable! 4lb a week please Mr scales! :eek:)

Well stayed the same this week, could kick myself, not slid off the wagon, instead I tried to continue through a work out whilst having a nasty coughing fit, ended up with a hernia now cant work out for a while. I have really enjoyed working out as I can not only see a difference on the scales but feel my body starting to tone up as it comes off. So dont want to end up with mounds of skin hanging where the weight has come off.
Just have to sit it out and lessen my intake whilst I am not as active. I may be talking to myself but at least I am sticking with it!
I will get there :eek:) xx

Back