The snowboard challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges - Weight Loss & Otherwise!' started by Jettica, 15 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Jettica

Jettica Shoot to thrill

Start Weight:
    239lb
    Current Weight:
    172lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    67lb(28.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    This might not apply to a lot of you. There aren't that many girl snowboarders out there let alone overweight ones.

However, I challenge you to get fit for snowboarding. It is honestly one of the most amazing sports ever. If you go to my blog (link in sig) you'll see a very heartfelt post about how weight and fitness levels affect how I snowboard (or more accurately, how I can't.)

I am challenging myself to do two things to get fit for snowboarding.

1) To be able to stand up from sitting with a snowboard on my feet

2) To be in the 13s before I have more lessons

(And un-weight-related) 3) Fix my wrists (RSI apparently.)

I need support.

I've got 1.5 stone to go before I'm in the 13s.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jettica

Jettica Shoot to thrill

Start Weight:
    239lb
    Current Weight:
    172lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    67lb(28.03%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    An update!
    Although my weight on here say 216, I was flapping between 218 and 220 for a little while. Back down to 216 (and a half) now. Yay.

Have an appointment with the chiropractor on Sat to see if they can do something about my wrist.

As for random snowboard exercises. I've been doing them daily, I can stand up no hand sitting on the sofa with a board on. the board is about a foot or two from the bottom of the sofa, it's quite difficult but I can do it.

I've identified how I need to be standing up and what exercises I can do to strengthen my legs.

I also realised that I am more flexible then when I went snowboarding. I can pretty easily do up bindings (that's how you attach your feet to the board) from sitting and leaning into the board. Yeaaah!

Small victories and all that...

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.