The *Sticks and Stones" Sunday Daily Thread

MinnieMel

Why Be Normal?
Hi,

I did not see a daily thread, so I started one.

I found a posting in someone's diary about a list of 12 reasons people eat emotionally. I thought it was very applicable to myself. I copied and pasted it into my own diary (so, I could find it to access it).

The "thought" for today is
Sticks And Stones May Break Your Bones, But Cake Won't Heal What Hurts You.
If you react by getting hungry when others talk down to you, take advantage of you, belittle you or take you for granted, then you suffer from Type 2 emotional hunger. You eat to avoid confrontation.

Today, I will focus on how I feel about things and not using food to smother my feelings.

I am having a pretty good day, so far. I even had a glimpse of the sun. Still feeling very cold, but then maybe I am burning calories trying to stay warm. ;)

I hope everyone is having a good day.

MM

Hello.

Another cold day, filled with boring house tasks!

Put some laundry on in a bit, and then hopefully I'll finish the Beck book (three steps to go). I want to start the workbook today, so will spend half hour sat down with that tonight.

I have been for my third c25k run today. Thought about not going as my back is tight as I slept funny. But NO CHOICE. So I went, and my sore back did not stop me, and is no worse now either. Must stop finding excuses!

Hope everyone with a Sunday WI gets what they are hoping for. Good luck to everyone who has to endure a Sunday roast (my favourite)

Well having a good day so far had my Sunday weigh in & I am really pleased to have lost 4lbs this week. I am looking forward to next Sunday's weigh in just wish I could miss out having to go to work ha !

Well off to Tesco shortly as I need coffee & more sparkling water to keep me hydrated.

Hope everyone has a good day and resists the temptation of Sunday lunch with their families x

Heeyyy in a good ish mood today lol made cookies with kids an waiting for Adam to com home from taking my dad shopping (bless him) as I can't from my op. Then hopefully going swimming.

I did something bad yday... I signed up for horse riding lessions!! I thought I was way to heavy but nope this stables I drove past and made OH turn around so I can see lol has a 16hh shire x! But OH has informed me I can't start until after holiday a it's 20 a lession for half an hour !! And we cant really afford it so abit gutted :( but is deffently starting in July and I won't need the shire cross as I will be very slim! Haha

I'm so in the mood to exercise I really want to go gym today but noone o go with :( ohwell lol

Anyway alls good here :)

Hi all,

I am in a better mood today than yesterday, it was a case yesterday of if the world had disappeared I would not have cared! But I didn't cheat and I'm brighter today after a solid 12 hours sleep and a lay in (a rare occasion! I don't really sleep and I have a 3 year old!)

So, my sister is visiting tomorrow... This is a big deal to me... I love her a lot and I do but she is the first one who will tell me I'm fat and I need to lose weight (she is a fine one to talk after having to have a gastric bypass!) she wasn't meant to be coming until the end of march when u would have hopefully been nearly two stone down but damn her she's coming early!!! So now I've lost about a stone and she's probably not going to notice much difference! Grrr

On the brighter side I'm in my third day of SS and it appears to be going well, WI on Tuesday so we shall see. Good luck to all for WI's today and fingers crossed for a 100% day for all :) xxx

hey :)
Mm great name for the thread and I love the 'cakes wont heal what hurts you ' very very true .. I use any excuse to eat .. happy , sad, angry , upset .....

Jayellekay .. I have just started Beck and have the workbook too .. are they meant to used togther or the workbook after ??

mellie - 4lb great loss :D

Kimmie , fabulous to sign up for riding lessons , I used to ride a lot and even worked on a show jumping yard but not ridden for years partly due to weight ... so its something I plan to get back into very soon :D

Emma , I hope your sister doent give you are hard time and if she does you ccan tell er how you are loosing weight using your own will power rather than surgery .. :)

I am having a great day today , seem to have lost the 6lb gain after my day binge starting monday , by doing SS+ and starting back on 1000 plan tomorrow after weigh in ... reallyneed to work on cotrolling it this time and not tell myself ifs ok to eat 1000 calories in biscuits !!!!!!

I was at work last night so had a 2 hour sleep this morning , got up and hubby went to McDonalds to get lunc for the kids and him , and I had a yummy shake :) Just been for a lovely walk in the local stately home grounds , my 4 yr old drew a map of where she wanted to go .. hall , playground church and then local pub ... so we had to follow the map .. would have been rude not to visit the pub ;)

Now for a porridge at tea time and an icecream tetra at about 9 pm ... and weigh in in the morning .. a lb loss would be fabulous but will be very happy wit a STS which I am hoping to get :)

determinator said:
Jayellekay .. I have just started Beck and have the workbook too .. are they meant to used togther or the workbook after ??

Not sure. I decided to read the book (just finished it this afternoon). I'm now going to work through the workbook at the correct pace. I'll prob re-read the same section in the book as well to reinforce the message. For me this was the best way, otherwise I would have rushes through the exercises just to see what was in the next step!

Makes a lot of sense. I just need to follow it through until this is natural to me!

Hi JK and Katie --

JK let me know if you think the Workbook is a must have... I am working through the book. I am on Day 11.

MM

Oooh, I would be interested to know this too, have ordered the Beck book too, it has now been delivered (to my office, and I'm on leave all week!!! Doh!). Didn't think I'd need the workbook too, but will obv buy it if necessary. had intended to get myself a nice lined A3 notepad and use it like a school exercise book...geek!!

:)

Oooh, I would be interested to know this too, have ordered the Beck book too, it has now been delivered (to my office, and I'm on leave all week!!! Doh!). Didn't think I'd need the workbook too, but will obv buy it if necessary. had intended to get myself a nice lined A3 notepad and use it like a school exercise book...geek!!

I did this too , got really excited about buying a note book and index cards ...... and WHSmith has the perfect book , its a pukka project notebook , A3 and has 3 sections with little plastic wallet bits between the sections that fit my index cards in perfectly ......

determinator said:
I did this too , got really excited about buying a note book and index cards ...... and WHSmith has the perfect book , its a pukka project notebook , A3 and has 3 sections with little plastic wallet bits between the sections that fit my index cards in perfectly ......

Just to be a stationery geek...I think you mean A5? Half the size of a regular piece of paper :) A3 is huge :) *geeks some more about stationery*

I've just ordered the workbook, as Goreygirl (sorry if I spelt that wrong!) said in another thread that it could be used by itself...

Oooops, yeah...I definately meant A3!! Thanks, they would've looked at me oddly if Id asked for an A3 notebook!!

Will be off to Smiths tomorrow morning then...yay!! Spend a fortune on stationery!!

MinnieMel said:
Hi JK and Katie --

JK let me know if you think the Workbook is a must have... I am working through the book. I am on Day 11.

MM

I think the book contains the majority is the ideas and exercises. The workbook just gives you a better structure. If you feel you are completing all the exercises from the book yourself, then you probably don't need the workbook too.

Last edited:
Back