The SW books ....

smigget

Yep, me again - those SW books, the purple ones :-

I brought two of Ebay and am awaiting them - the one with the word 'FOOD' I think is the directory, the BIBLE!!??? Does it tell u all u need to know re: what u can eat, the 'syn' values of everything etc?? It's so hard to know what's what with no books!!!
The one with 'SYNS' I also am waiting for - again, I suppose this is self explanitory.
The one with 'FREE' on it, I haven't got but is it worth getting?? (prob look at Ebay again...) ???

The only knowledge I have of what to buy comes from SW mags, and they state names like 'BOWYERS, AINSLEY HARRIOTT and BATCHELORS' - do we have to buy these exact named products, or can u get away with the same thing but brands from Asda, Tesco's etc own range ..?? I don't mind, it's just that I'd like to know because to me, if the calories per 100g are the same for each, then surely it'd be wise to buy the cheapest product, which invariably wld prob be the supermarkets own?? Or is it based on fat content, and the named products are better for you that way??? Like I say, I don't mind buying the named product, it's just that I wanna know .... it's like Quorn - can u get away with 'Tesco's meat free mince' kinda thing or does it HAVE to be 'Quorn..' ???
Answers on a postcard plse - or on my 'puter later!!!!
xxxxx

Hi

The big purple book is the directory of thousands of foods. It's a really good book to have!

You have to be careful buying equivalent products to named ones as the syns can vary. The best thing to do is have a check through when you get your directory.

eg Quorn mince is free, but

Tesco Meatfree, Vegetarian Mince, frozen 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1 Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1 Syns
[/FONT]​

There can be small differences between the brands, but if you have the directory then you'll be ok.

Good luck!

Annette x​
[/FONT]

Are you attending a weekly group? If you are get the password every week and sign up to Lifeline online where you can get all up to date Syn values online

Back