The thanks button?

judimac

Mad old Bat with Attitude
Has it always been there and I've just not noticed it? Or is it new?

So I'm not going gaga then! I've just christened it for you!

Oh no - not a thanks button. I've stopped visiting another board where they use this to excess. People get thanks for the every post they make!

I see that here you get a list of folk who have thanked a poster - that's going to take up more room on screen leaving fewer messages per page :(

Last edited:
You'll need to look at someone else's post because the thanks button doesn't appear on your own messages. You don't really need to thank yourself for your message :D

Don't think i've got one! On the bottom right there's 'quote' 'multi quote' and 'quick reply' nothing else....

I haven't checked yet, but it could be something that will appear when you've done 50 posts.

Guess you'll need to have a good posting session to see if I'm right :D

You'll need to look at someone else's post because the thanks button doesn't appear on your own messages.

Yes, I think that's probably the reason Winny can't find it, rather than having to wait for 50 posts.

Now you're just tormenting me cos i haven't got a bloody button! :cry:

I am sure you have Winny.
Have a look at the bottom right side of a post, next to the quote button.

Has the thank's button taken over the rep points then?.............

I don't think so Donnie as I still see the tree thing we press on to give the rep points.

Last edited:
The thanks button doesnt over-rule the reputation both exist. However the "Thanks" is public (and it can be taken back after being given).

You need 50 posts.
The post must be less than 3 days old. You can use rep after that.
It does not reduce the number posts on a thread, it may make it a heck of a lot longer though!
Theres no limit on how much thanks you can give/spread unlike reputation.

Pierce

Last edited:
Back