The things she says lol !!!

Jubblys are indeed 1 syn each. I always have some in the freezer for when I fancy something sweet.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Sassia said:
Jubblys are indeed 1 syn each. I always have some in the freezer for when I fancy something sweet.

Oh that's good new!

Used to do the same, me andy sis would knock on people's door and ask for a drink of we were thirsty. The only rule we had was to take 2 p for the phone box in case we had to call home! Xx

2p for the phone!!

We didn`t even have a phone. My parents didn`t get the phone in until I`d already left home. I had to arrange everything AND pay for the installation :)

GrannieAnnie said:
2p for the phone!!

We didn`t even have a phone. My parents didn`t get the phone in until I`d already left home. I had to arrange everything AND pay for the installation :)

We had a phone before my Dad left, it was on a party line, used to love listening in to that! We got chucked off cos my brother who was about 5 learned the 'f' word (from listening in to other people's phone calls) and kept shouting it down the phone!

We were the Feral Four, me and my two brothers (born within 3 years of each other) and the dog, we were wild! We never got a sandwich to take, I only ever ate lunch at school! We walked miles, climbed trees, went scrumping, nicked flowers to take home, pulled wings off bees and built camps with the grass cuttings on the field! we played kick the can way after dark and hid from our mum when she called us, but only if she was sober.
Today we would have had ASBO's, social workers, child protection orders!!!!

We were blimmin awful!

My mum informed me that she had to get her breasts checked at the clinic. She told me she had a monogram.

My (late) mum when first diagnosed with cervical cancer (R.I.P. Ma) still had the ability to make me laugh when telling me she had to have an autopsy (biopsy). Maybe she knew?

Nana's were better with their tales. My nana, (dad's mam) used to tell how they would take turn and share the the tin bath drawn with gallons of boiled water from the huge kettle on the open fire. Granda, the breadwinner and coal-encrusted miner would be first, followed by the kids in order. My poor Uncle Jim used to come out blacker than he went in!

Despite all of her warnings though none of the following ever happened;

Picking my nose - never grew a pigs trotter.

picking my belly-button - bum never fell off.

Did anyone ever wee the bed through picking dandelions?

I am not sure if social services (The "real" SS) would approve of nana asking me to go and play with the traffic when she wanted a few minutes peace either!

Maximus said:
My (late) mum when first diagnosed with cervical cancer (R.I.P. Ma) still had the ability to make me laugh when telling me she had to have an autopsy (biopsy).

Did anyone ever wee the bed through picking dandelions?

Bless her x

Nope never touched the white dandelion 'sap' and wet the bed.....neither did the wind change and my face stay like that!

My bottom lip never fell off through pouting either....though I tried!

I know do what my mum did to us and completely randomise threats for instance;
Child "I don't like cucumber"
Mother "I'll cucumber you in a minute!"
or
Child "I don't want to wear a coat"
Mother "I'll give you a coat if you keep complaining"

My kids laugh so much at me! But it's like being drunk you can use almost any word and it works
"I was completely monkeyed/trousered/curried last night"

Shirleen said:
I know do what my mum did to us and completely randomise threats for instance;
Child "I don't like cucumber"
Mother "I'll cucumber you in a minute!"
or
Child "I don't want to wear a coat"
Mother "I'll give you a coat if you keep complaining"

I made that mistake telling my son off for being messy......

My dear old nan who passed away in 2009 got terrible dementia towards the end and forgot my name she called me Mavis one day and it stuck lol. My family still call me Mavis now lol :)

Is the world a worse place or are we just much more aware of things because of the Internet and 24 hour news channels etc

Actually I do think the world is a worse place but probably a contributory factor is the internet and the news.

Today we would have had ASBO's, social workers, child protection orders!!!!

We were blimmin awful!

Shirleen,I love you !!!! You are so real !!!

You are a credit to yourself :D

Back