The things that people say.......

spooky

Banned
First of all, they tell you you are looking good to have lost the weight..

Second, they tell you, don't lose any more, you will be a size zero soon..

Third, they told ME today:
You are looking tired and drawn that diet of yours is no good

:mad:
:confused:
wtf??

(feel free to add to the stupid remarks list by the way!)

I think myself that most negative comments can come from those who feel in some way threatened by your slimness and looking well on it, as it puts pressure on them, if they themselves don't feel confident about their own weight or especially if they don't what you taking their limelight.

Love Mini xxx

I think myself that most negative comments can come from those who feel in some way threatened by your slimness and looking well on it, as it puts pressure on them, if they themselves don't feel confident about their own weight or especially if they don't what you taking their limelight.

Love Mini xxx

Definitely. Although I do look tired today!!! :D:D:D its all catching up with me I think!

I had to laugh today when a collegue commented on my weightloss and how much I`d lost and how well I looked!!!!! The best I have looked in the four years she`d known me.

I told her I was on cd and she was really interested. So told her a bit about the plans, then she said "oh I couldn`t possibly do meal replacement" !!!

Then said

"its a waste of time, because meal replacement diets, they just don`t work and they make you ill " ?????????????????????
PMSL :D

I had to laugh today when a collegue commented on my weightloss and how much I`d lost and how well I looked!!!!! The best I have looked in the four years she`d known me.

I told her I was on cd and she was really interested. So told her a bit about the plans, then she said "oh I couldn`t possibly do meal replacement" !!!

Then said

"its a waste of time, because meal replacement diets, they just don`t work and they make you ill " ?????????????????????
PMSL :D

That seems like a major contradiction alright!:)

Went to a birthday party on Saturday night - had ordered plain steamed fish especially for the occasion, with veg.
Unfortunately the veg was cauliflower, carrots and green beans with potatoes. Could only eat the cauliflower.
The dear sat next to me, who is in her early 60's quizzed me all night about Cambridge.
We had already discussed that I had lost 4 stones in 10 weeks.

"you can't eat carrots, why not?"
"green beans are good for you"
"what a waste"
"you will be ill not eating vegetables"
"are you not eating the potatoes either?"
"what exactly DO you eat?"
so I explained to her about the soups/shakes/bars hoping that it would shut her up!
No such luck.
"well that sort of diet can't possibly be healthy for you"
"you won't lose weight not eating proper food"
"are you taking vitamin pills aswell?"
"you lost 4 stones in 10 weeks? That's just not possible!"

I gave up in the end!!

Went to a birthday party on Saturday night - had ordered plain steamed fish especially for the occasion, with veg.
Unfortunately the veg was cauliflower, carrots and green beans with potatoes. Could only eat the cauliflower.
The dear sat next to me, who is in her early 60's quizzed me all night about Cambridge.
We had already discussed that I had lost 4 stones in 10 weeks.

"you can't eat carrots, why not?"
"green beans are good for you"
"what a waste"
"you will be ill not eating vegetables"
"are you not eating the potatoes either?"
"what exactly DO you eat?"
so I explained to her about the soups/shakes/bars hoping that it would shut her up!
No such luck.
"well that sort of diet can't possibly be healthy for you"
"you won't lose weight not eating proper food"
"are you taking vitamin pills aswell?"
"you lost 4 stones in 10 weeks? That's just not possible!"

I gave up in the end!!

I think you were on "Mission Impossible":rolleyes:

4 stone in 10 weeks is mind boggling all the same:D

Love Mini xxx

I think people are amazed by the willpower of the whole lot of us. No one likes others to succeed too much, how jealous they will be when we all look GORGEOUS. The best bit is we are all GORGEOUS on the inside too (just look how nice you all are too!)

Hubby has just reminded me,
Yesterday we took another little girl along with our oldest daughter to a birthday party
Her dad dropped her off and he was (in hubby's words) going off on one about how tired I look.
Hubby was annoyed cos he could see it was winding me up. I have had fab support from Jon, and I don;t think I could have got through this diet or past these comments without him.

People are so jealous, or just maybe as someone else put, out of their own comfort zones and start to feel in some way threatened by you.

What a lovely husband you have there Nicky:cupid:

I think the tiredness is more to do with the tough week you had when your daughter was not well as this is always very stressful when children are sick and it is only catching up with you now that she is on the mend.

Do make sure you are drinking enough water as it does help with energy levels.

Love Mini xxx

how many times have you heard:

"you will put it on as soon as you finish the diet"

"be really careful, it is a very dangerous diet"

"it just isnt healthy to lose more than 1/2 lbs per week"

Oh god, I heard that EVERY day for the whole 4 months I was SS! But they have had to shut up now because I've been normal size for 18 months!!

how many times have you heard:

"you will put it on as soon as you finish the diet"

"be really careful, it is a very dangerous diet"

"it just isnt healthy to lose more than 1/2 lbs per week"

And when you do regain some of your lost weight it is very embarrassing:eek::cry:

I did not get any... "I told you so's" but I have had the odd smirk of satisfaction from a couple of people. It has made me want to run and hide away forever.:sad0071:

Even my Auntie who was a big support initially was delighted I put some back on...:( For it sort of justified her doing nothing about her weight:sigh:

Besides losing weight I find that since I started my diet journey I have never been as healthy in years and when I am SSing my psoriasis clears up imediately and I have loads of energy.

Love Mini xxx

I feel healthier now than I did before my pregnancies! I still have a healthy glow and clear skin, but put bags under my eyes and it looks like party central in the Spooky house!!
Makes me even more determined not to regain the weight.

I agree with all the comments so can't add but do have something funnny to add. Back at work today and have told my best friend who has been away for the week that I had started this diet. She was happy for me and said (genuinely) that I wasn't that bad (look slimmer than I weigh and wear the right clothes). Anyway my friend is a size 8 and she made me laugh so much because she said even when she was away she was looking in the full mirror and was watching her wobbly bits on her legs. She is concerned that she has lose skin on her face cos she is so skinny and would like more weight on her face but still thinks her legs are wobbly. So the moral of the story is whether size 8 or 18 we will always find something to moan about but having friends who support us is the most important thing.

Back