The Time Travelers Wife - Audrey Niffenegger. Latest Read.

Cheb

Gold Member
The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger came out out top of the poll. I know some readers have already finished it (that's reccommendation eh?) others read fairly quickly but some of us.....well me:D are a bit slow! Therefore I propose we set a date for discussion 4 weeks from now, as this seems to have been long enough for everyone with previous reads.

Discussion will start Sunday 4th Feb, of course if we all love it/have duvet days/pack the kids off to Grannys/stay out of the arcade:eek: Or for whatever reason find we have loads of spare time and all get finished sooner, we can of course bring the date forward.

Hope you all enjoy it, and feel free to post snippets on here in the meantime, without giving away the story to others of course.

About The Time Traveler's Wife
The Blurb:

This exceptional first novel is the story of Henry and Clare, who have known each other since Clare was 6 and Henry was 36, and were married when Clare was 20 and Henry 28. This is possible only because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he flashes to other points in time, usually moments of emotional gravity for him. His disappearances are spontaneous, his experiences unpredictable, alternately harrowing and amusing.

Audrey Niffenegger explores the effects this condition has on Henry and Clare's marriage and their passionate love for each other, as the story unfolds from both points of view. Clare and Henry strain to live as normal a life as they can, pursuing goals that will be familiar to most readers - steady jobs, love, good friends, children of their own. That these are all threatened by something Henry can neither prevent nor control makes this story profoundly moving and entirely unforgettable.

About Audrey Niffenegger
Audrey Niffenegger is a visual artist and a professor at the Columbia College Chicago Center for Book and Paper Arts, where she teaches writing, letterpress printing and fine edition book production. The Three Incestuous Sisters was originally published in an edition of ten copies in 1998, having taken thirteen years to create. Audrey Niffenegger's first novel, The Time Traveler's Wife, was published in 2003 and was a bestseller around the world. A film, starring Brad Pitt, will go into production very shortly.

Book Details:
Title: The Time Traveler's Wife
Author: Niffenegger, Audrey
Publisher: Vintage
ISBN: 0099464462
Format: Paperback
Number of pages: 529
Release: 01/10/2004

[amazon]0099464462[/amazon]

Think I have might have ordered the last readily available copy from Amazon since it says 1 - 3 weeks for delivery!! :D

Looking forward to it :)

read it ....its good xx

Going to start mine straight away, got into very bad habits over Christmas, reading bits of a lot of different books!
Matty
x

Not got mine yet buit 4 weeks shoudl be okay - gives me a chance to finish my Dr Phil book this week.

Thanks Cheb

I have read this one - really enjoyed it. Another that I loved and wept buckets to is PS I Love You.

Tasha

Hi Tashy,

Do you have an ISBN no. for PS I love you? I'm going to read it on your recommendation.

HI ALL,
Just to let you know, i picked 'the time travellers wife' up at the charity shop for 75p and it's brand new! I've seen qute a few of them knocking around!
Give it a go if you haven't managed to get hold of one!

Well just checked today - Parceline have tried to deliver it twice now (Card said they needed a signature - Dont understand that but anyway) - Should have had it sent to work !!!

So shoudl be able to start reading soon

Where has everyone got to - as in Chapters not storyline

Back