The Time Traveler's Wife

PKJellyBean

I like pudding
Anyone read the book then watch the film?

I watched the film the other night and have to say I was quite disappointed. I don't want to say too much in case there are some people who are planning to watch it. But I will say that some parts veered wildly off the book - one quite important part, particularly, which for me, didn't make the film as powerful. I was so looking forward to it, as well.

I've found this with a few other films, as well. Some just not living up to the book, like Atonement and some changing altogether, like Enduring Love.

When you love a book and they make a film out of it, do you avoid the film in case they spoil it for you? Or am I far too picky for my own good? :D

I enjoyed the film but I haven't read the book, which is probably why. Same with harry potter, I've read the books but I'm not a huge fan of the films...

I read the book too and adored it and was disappointed by the film, not because of the acting and general production which I thought was excellent, but by the fact that as you say it veered so far off the story it did spoil it! Why the heck do they do that?!! Have you seen My Sister's Keeper, again a good film, but the ending was completely changed!! X

I read the book too and adored it and was disappointed by the film, not because of the acting and general production which I thought was excellent, but by the fact that as you say it veered so far off the story it did spoil it! Why the heck do they do that?!! Have you seen My Sister's Keeper, again a good film, but the ending was completely changed!! X

No, I haven't seen My Sister's Keeper, but I haven't read the book either, so I'd probably be quite safe with that one lol.

Hollywood endings :rolleyes: :D

I've listened to the book & really enjoyed it. I've also heard a lot of people who have read the book then watch the film & said they didn't enjoy the film.

I'm still going to watch the film, because I want to but at least I won't be dissappointed with the outcome.

I tried to listen to the book, but couldn't get on with it. I think it was because it's quite a confusing story.

I hadn't heard anything about the film before I watched it, so I had high expectations. Though the film is very good as a standalone.

I enjoyed the film but I haven't read the book, which is probably why. Same with harry potter, I've read the books but I'm not a huge fan of the films...

And probably because I haven't read the books, the little bits I've seen of the films looked okay! :giggle:

Back