the times they are a changin......

nearly there now then refeed time. Cannot wait to see those magic numbers!

Hurray :party0011: :D x

hi all

well after a pretty ropey 3 weeks im back, ketosis is def off the menu for me, between the hair loss, fatigue and other stuff it just wasn t worth it for methis time, so back to the tried and tested eat less exercise more routine. managed to go off road for a few weeks and now sitting with another 10 pounds to re lose, still i ve done the yo yo before so it can be done again.

sorry i ve been absent but was just was so out of the zone and needed a bit of time to work out what to do next and apparently i wanted to eat the world which i pretty much did so the binge cycle is still alive and kicking but on the plus i was able to put the breaks on quicker than normal. so another day another way
jxx

Good luck J! Hope tomorrow goes well, it's been quiet without you xx
hi there manx
hows tricks with you? wedding preparations going well? you must be so excited and looking fantastic too. thanks for support very much appreciated.

i ve managed to put my greedy ass out of eating every thing i can lay my paws on. my fitness pal is just that, so easy to keep track. at the moment all i have to do is eat less than 1500 cals not putting much pressure on my self but back to limiting the carbs so will do this for a couple of weeks and then reassess what is next.

its good to feel better as i was not right on the last part of Cambridge, haven t fully decided if it was my body s reaction to the diet or if other factors were at work either way it all improved once i came off and i am no longer losing hair at an alarming rate
jxx

im feeling like a bloated whale today and as i have remained on the calorie path cal only blame the pasta.no more weight loss at present but on the plus side no more gains either so will that that as a positive.

was down for tea at my mums today ate more than my calorie allowance but not crazily so can t really guestimate but nothing that is rocking the foundations of the new slog
jxx

thanks love im pretty happy with myself right now just. despite the January roller coaster i seem to have my eating back under control(not that i don t realise that it only takes a small let down of the guard to rip it away). getting back to it straight away is a big step forward for me and keeping going to return back to the 10s is great normally id settle for quite a bit higher than that so im taking my positives.
what i can tell you is you dont change your metabolism or any of the things that people tell you you do. there is an adjustment time when you just have to accept you won t lose any/much weight, i suspect its your body restoring some of the glycogen stuff but that is just my theory. i ve been eating 1500 cals just now as i felt it was the best way to come out of the binge itd been on. and i lost about 6 pounds quickly (virtual weight i think) now its settled again so i suspect im dealing with the real mccoy now. its going in the right direction so all good here. the one thing that is true is its incredible how much you can put on following this diet as i had xmas off (2week) gained 12lbs then back on Cambridge (11days) lost 11lb then off for 3 gained another 12-14lbs but have been back in the zone for about 10days and have lost 6 of that on calorie control. dont try this at home its rubbish. so guess the moral is be careful on the refeed and give your body time to adjust the steps are the best id say.
jxx

And don't I know it! Thanks to the silly zero-to-sixty-head-first-off-wagon eating style I adopted in the past! Is the steps all the way with me this time.... And I'm seriously dreading being on step 3/4 for a week from the 14th. It's just fear of the unknown because I've never done it! What on earth can you eat? Scary.

How's your day been? I'm on my mobile and can't check, but are you doing any exercise regime? xx

Sorry J, had internet issues and lots of wedding stuff to sort, thought I'd pop on here to say Hi and check in. You are doing great! Sounds like you are working out what works for you, I'll be there with you soon. Moved to step 2 this week as I'm now under a stone above my ideal BMI, so no more SS for me :) can smell the chicken cooking and looking forward to my Broccoli tonight :) I'm glad to hear you hair had stopped coming out, mine was starting to worry me, but I think as I've moved up it'll all be okay now too. Went back to work on Monday after my Maternity leave finished, a whole year off with the kids, but less temptation as no eating at our desks :) x

sorry chick thought id replied to this

thats fab on the step up its all coming along great you ll need to post a snap of the dress bet you ll look stunning.

im pottering along no gains but keep having a wee treat here and there not totally motivated so holding fast just now, on the plus side not slipping back to very bad habits

how you finding being back at work, is it going ok?

jxx

I'll defo post a snap in THE dress, two months to go! I can't lose any more after 8 March though as that's my last dress fitting,. So I've got to knuckle down and get it done now :) no excuses!

Work is okay, missing the kids like crazy though, but got to get back earning. That's just life, I'm lucky to have had a year off!

You are doing well, not gaining is the hardest part and it seems you are keeping that in check. Something one day will make you think that's the final straw, let's get this done. But for now at least it's all staying the same. :)

Bev, look at you shrinking down! Almost at the BMI of 30! You are doing fab!

Hope you are both having a great weekend

X

Back