The ultimate slimming world shopping list.

green eyed monster

Gold Member
I'm trying to compile a list of things that are low or syn free, free food, cupboard essentials and anything else that you have found tasty or interesting that I can use on shopping days as a useful go to thread.

Can you all help out?

Thanks in advanced.

Fruit
Ham
Muller lights
Herbs and spices
I buy frozen peppers/onions/mushrooms to cook with
Spinach
Eggs
Salad
Chickpeas
Lentils
Baked beans
Tinned tomatoes
Passata

Just some of the things that are normally on my shopping list

Fry light to cook food with
Bacon medallions (saves cutting off fat)
Small 400g wholemeal loaf (usually my hex b)
Cherry tomatoes

Some things I buy on top of what kikaroo said x

I would add...

Lighter than light mayonnaise - half a syn per level tbsp.
Spuds!
Mushrooms.
Fat free natural yoghurt for syn free curry.
A pepper mill.
Bananas - controversial I know but I live on the edge.

Mugshots for those weak moments when i just want to EAT and EAT NOW!!! haha
Sweet potatoes
mixed herbs/garlic/lots of seasonings!
diet coke
pasta'n'sauce, batchelors. another good one for a quick lunch/tea
low fat cheese - i like to buy ready grated so i cant sit and eat a block of cheese ;)

just off the top of my head! will look in my cupboards after work and write more later :) x

Great stuff, I'm off shopping tomorrow so keep them coming!!!

Ryvita minis....heb home bargains 25p
special k chewy delight bars...heb
viscounts.....3.5 syns
garlic and herb salt grinder and other spices(great for veg,meats and salmon)
Mcvities mini gingerbread men(individual packs).... 6 syns. Great for biscuit cravings with a cuppa
sugar free strawberry crusha milkshake mix(just add heA milk)..25ml for 0.5 syns x

Philadelphia light
Chorizo (has syns, but I find a little really peps up an otherwise free paella or pasta)
mini babybel light
cashew nuts (for stir fry, HEX B)
curry powder/garam massala/thai curry paste
chopped tomatoes
light coconut milk (again has syns)
mushrooms
lots of different fruit and veg
eggs

Alpen Lights
Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5 syns)
Tinned tomatoes
NAS Vimto
Lean mince
Chicken
Mullerlights
Frylight (Although we've been using the Crisp & Dry one lately as it's nicer, has the same calories, and is cheaper)
Mushrooms
Eggs

We've started making a big pot of chilli and a big tagine at the weekend and freezing it for teas in the week, so it might be worth picking up the ingredients to do something like that with. Makes our lives soooo much easier in the week!

Freddos
Cottage cheese
Mullerlights
Weight Watchers dessert yoghurts
Quorn roast
Alpen Lights
Mango
Blackberries
Flumps

Tuna in Spring Water (yes, it is dry but the drained weight is higher than that in brine or Sunflower oil and matches the drained weight of that in Olive Oil, only difference is that it's entirely free rather than using Syns for oil-versions)

Fat-free greek yoghurt (Ditch the Muller Lights, they are being isolated on SP food diaries, you can flavour your own yoghurts and not worry about what's in them)

Stevia

Dark Chocolate (good stuff in a block can be used for eating as is or for cooking)

Oats (especially Scott's Porage oats, coarse milled as they can be made into cakes, overnight oats, pancakes, you name it and it's a HEB if you use 35g. Also a heart-healthy fibre source)

Eggs (Cheap and lean protein!)

Vegetables (both fresh and frozen, you can get chopped spinach to sneak into things and make lovely sauces with it)

Lentils and other pulses (for adding healthy protein, fibre and texture to curries, tanginess, stews etc)

Mushrooms

Peanut butter

Nutella

Herbs and Spices (So important, note that whole spices keep for a year, ground ones last for 3 months before they begin to lose flavour)

Baked Beans

Stock Cubes of various flavours

Soy Sauce

Marmite

Oyster Sauce

Worcestershire Sauce

Mustard Powder (packs more of a punch than actual made-up mustard as you simply add water and don't have the dampening properties of sugar and vinegar plus it's Syn-Free)

Tomato Puree

Pudding Rice (make your own rice pudding for no Syns)

Extracts/Essences

Cous-cous, dried pasta, Rice, Bulgar Wheat, Pearl Barley and Orzo.

Quark

Options hot chocolate

Cocoa powder

Honey

Reduced Sugar Jam/Marmalade (great in the middle of an oat-cake!)

There are loads of things on your lists that I would never have thought of! Thanks everyone!

Might try and get this stickied

Coffee - a cup of coffee curbs my cravings
Grapes - I like them frozen. They take a lot longer to eat and seem to get sweeter.
Low-fat cream cheese - nice in lettuce and slices turkey/chicken wraps.
Peppermint and green tea from Twinnings - refreshing and stimulating.
Cauliflower - for cauliflower rice, cauliflower cheese, bulking out a crustless quiche and baked with frylight and mild chilli sprinkled on top. Makes a nice change from roast potato.
Popcorn - single portion bags. Salted or sweet (not buttered.) 5 syns. My fav treat at the mo.
Almond milk - makes lovely smoothies, good cups of tea/coffee, tasty and nutty on cereal and can generally be used to replace normal milk in cooking.

Microwave steam fresh veg - great to bulk out a meal

I love salmon so always buy it fresh from Tesco when on half price - even if its a side of salmon they portion it up for me. Then I freeze all individually. A few minutes to defrost and can be microwaved, baked, stir-fried.......

My food staples are:
chopped tomatoes
red kidney beans
passata
tomato puree
beans
pasta
rice
noodles
potatoes
lean mince
chicken breasts
any other meat
eggs
ham
cheese
herbs and spices
onions
garlic
ginger
Fruit - apples, satsumas, melon, frozen berries
Veg - mainly frozen
Salad - basic salad items.
Worcestershire sauce
fry light
stock cubes

with these I can throw together a huge range of meals.

for treats/syns I have:
viscount biscuits (3.5 syns each)
alpen light (or aldi version)
gin with slimline tonic

Quark.. Lots & lots of quark!
Caramel hot choc sachets
Orange & lemon essence
Mugshots
Pink lady apples
Strawberries
Onions
Chopped toms
Passata
Chicken
Bananas
Tesco healthy living sausages
Mushrooms
Coke zero
Crackerbread
Laughing cow cheese
Ham
Tomato
Carrots & parsnips

That's usually my basic weekly shop :)

It's not a food but I've found freezer bags to be a really useful shopping list addition (especially since I only cook for myself!).

I freeze -

Pasta sauce portions (when I've made a big batch)
Leftovers (so I don't get fed up of them!)
Chicken breasts, mince, sliced ham portions (bigger packs are usually better value)
Grapes for snacking
Wholemeal rolls or pitta breads (to stop me eating them all I defrost one at a time).
Coconut milk left over- as a full can, even of the light stuff, is too many syns!
Lemon and lime wedges - to make soft drinks more interesting

It's not a food but I've found freezer bags to be a really useful shopping list addition (especially since I only cook for myself!).

I freeze -

Pasta sauce portions (when I've made a big batch)
Leftovers (so I don't get fed up of them!)
Chicken breasts, mince, sliced ham portions (bigger packs are usually better value)
Grapes for snacking
Wholemeal rolls or pitta breads (to stop me eating them all I defrost one at a time).
Coconut milk left over- as a full can, even of the light stuff, is too many syns!
Lemon and lime wedges - to make soft drinks more interesting

Never thought of freezing coconut milk!! The recipe I use it for only needs half an can then the other half stays in a container in the fridge then thrown out 2 weeks later!! Will defo freeze next time

Back