The Weight Of The Nation

clairex

Silver Member
Came across this series while browsing tumblr, it's fab! The first ep is all about the serious side effects of obesity, I've never seen a programme so literally show you the serious nature of being overweight. I'm on the second ep and this is more about people's stories, how much weight they have lost etc. It has some really awesome tips for losing weight, like if you work in an office and stuff. It's from HBO in America.

It's definitely worth a watch, think i'm going to watch it every time I feel de-motivated!

They are about an hour long so maybe worth a watch after the sunshine has gone!

Part 2: Choices (HBO: The Weight of the Nation) - YouTube

xx

Obesity actually really interests me! I grew up in the 70's where very few people were obese and the reasons were - everyone walked, nobody had takeaways very often and generally food was just healthier in a meat and 2 veg sort of way. I am going to watch this tonight x

I am guilty of watching all the 'fat' shows I'm afraid. I may not be as big as some of the people in them but there are definite bits when I feel a bit embarrassed as I recognise my own behaviour in them.....it always motivates me - apart from the Chawners, who I wish would just explode and go away lol x

haha! I'm exactly the same. Part two is really interesting, so many tips that I am really connecting with. Some would go really well with SW. Like being mindful about what you etc instead of just shoveling it down! thats what I do, haha. oops.
xx

hahaha! yes! that's exactly what I think when I watch them. Is slimming world not popular in America? x

I really think they would! Lets steal the plan, take it over there and make lots of money...:) haha!

xx

Want to be able to find this when have more time to watch it! Also re....

Obesity actually really interests me! I grew up in the 70's where very few people were obese and the reasons were - everyone walked, nobody had takeaways very often and generally food was just healthier in a meat and 2 veg sort of way. I am going to watch this tonight x
Just wondering why this changed is it because those takeaways and cars etc became more available or did people start doing more like women working more etc so they hadn't as much time to cook.
Will have to watch this programme as I too find it al interesting :)

Want to be able to find this when have more time to watch it! Also re....

Just wondering why this changed is it because those takeaways and cars etc became more available or did people start doing more like women working more etc so they hadn't as much time to cook.
Will have to watch this programme as I too find it al interesting :)

I think people probably have a bit more money now and back then not everyone had cars - in the town I grew up in everybody walked everywhere and things like chocolate and crisps etc was a treat. I never even had a macdonalds until I left home and went to uni and as a family we still dont really have them but I know some that have them 2 or 3 times a week.

Also, at the risk of sounding like an old fogey - when we were kids we were always running around outside but due to computer games etc some kids never leave their bedroooms. Its quite sad really x

Sorry to burst the bubble but there is a slimming world USA website!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

They are too busy making tv programmes ;) x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

There's several us members in the overseas sub forum

clairex said:
Came across this series while browsing tumblr, it's fab! The first ep is all about the serious side effects of obesity, I've never seen a programme so literally show you the serious nature of being overweight. I'm on the second ep and this is more about people's stories, how much weight they have lost etc. It has some really awesome tips for losing weight, like if you work in an office and stuff. It's from HBO in America.

It's definitely worth a watch, think i'm going to watch it every time I feel de-motivated!

They are about an hour long so maybe worth a watch after the sunshine has gone!

Part 2: Choices (HBO: The Weight of the Nation) - YouTube

xx

Thanks for the recommendation. It was very interesting. :)

Back