The weight will not go!

Hi,

Ive been doing slimming world for 6 weeks now on extra easy, and something weird is going on. I have literally lost nothing, STS every week but have still lost 3-4 inches round my waist! (which Im really happy about).

I know its how you look and feel that matters, but when I go for my weigh in and stay to the end its really depressing when my result is read out....I feel that people really dont believe that I am trying and being really good on the diet, but the weight wont go!!

Has anyone also had this? Any suggestions on speading it up? Ive tried a fishy week and a quorn week, but has made no difference!

Also have an active lifestyle, walk to work every day and on my feet all the time at work.

I am having similar problems, but my trousers are definately a lot looser!

Hence why I am now going to do a mix of green red and EE days and see what happens.

Maybe try a mix of red and green days and see if that does anything for you? I started on red and green and had some good losses. Still losing on EE but not as quickly, although I suspect it's to do with not eating enough superfree.

This happened to my MIL hun and she stayed the same for 10 weeks..SW gave her her money back and made her a target member. I then had a good look at her food diaries and she was getting a few things confused and sometimes hadnt written it down on her sheet until I quizzed her.
I would certainly try mixing up Red and Green days to get the weight shifting again. You may be like me and EE may not agree with you.

Food diary please :D

Are you sure you are getting it right? Maybe you are toning up at the same time?

This is what I was thinking, you could be building muscle at the same time, and muscle is more dense than fat but takes up less space, so if you're lifting weights then it's likely that you're just toning.

Try doing SW, but don't be as active for a week to see if that makes a difference?

I wouldn't suggest anyone be less active. The first things you need to do is to post your food diaries so people can take a look at them. You obviously go to class so what is your consultant saying? If you really haven't lost then you can get your money back from SW.

Its very unlikely you're building muscle - 1lb of muscle is seriously hard to put on and is weightlifter territory. It's much more likely that your body is retaining water which it sometimes does if you do more exercise. Very easy to retain 1lb of water!!! Worth drinking more (the less you drink the more your body holds on to it).

Cant offer much other diet advice, I'm sorry to say. I'm just not experienced enough at this. Hope to be soon though.

Back