:/ the weights coming back on!

gina_b

Les Mills Fitness Freak
the weight i lost in 3 monthes is all coming back on, i lost 10lbs in 3 monthes, not alot i know but its all that i could dlose, and now i keep getting heavier each week.

i havent changed how i eat, i still eat very healthily, i hardly drink, i dont eat sweet chocolate bars or anything i shouldnt, and ive started doing more at the gym!

i used to do 2/3 days at the gym and ive gone up to doing 6 days a week plus going before work, roughly for 2/3 hours a day... but my weights gone up instead.

i was never really heavy, i dropped from 9st 3 to 8 st 3, then its going up to 8 st 7 now... this morning it was 8st 10.

i want to gain alot of muscle too though, six pack and biceps ect... and have alot of muscle in my legs, so is it the muscle weighing more?

i still want to lose another stone in weight.....

Well a pound is a pound... so a pound of muscle weights the same as a pound of fat BUT a square inch of muscle weights more then a square inch of fat, best thing to do is measure yourself.

From your height and weight, I cant imagine you need to lose weight though, because if you were your target weight you would be underweight for your height, sounds more like toning up rather then losing weight and when you tone up your be physically smaller but not weigh less, so measure yourself rather then weigh yourself.

Your goal is unhealthy and unrealistic, you are already classed underweight with your current BMI.

You cant expect your body to put up with it, not if you are trying to gain muscle too. It would be much better to aim to stay around the weight you are now and carry on with the excercise to build up the muscles, but you need to eat healthily to do that. It sounds as if you are were you should be, given what you are trying to achieve.

This is actually a post for Lynn, so apologies for hijacking the thread.

Lynn, I wonder if I am being over ambitious with my goal/target weight and maybe have to face the fact that I am basing my ideal bodyweight on when I was in my twenties and I am now in my forties and have two children!

I have made a ticker, I'm 5'5 tall, have a small bust and wonder what you think about the weight I am aiming for.

Thank you.x

St. Angelo

Your goal weight puts you in the "normal" range but at the low end of it so someone with a small frame. Your wrist measurement when youre closer to goal will tell you what frame you are. Its no good measuring yet as wrists put on weight too, i'd measure when you reach around 140 but here is the guide for someone of your height

For women 5'2" -5'5"
Small = wrist size less than 6"
Medium = wrist size 6" to 6.25"
Large = wrist size over 6.25"

There is also some truth in the theory about the slimmest women having older faces too. If you go so lean that you have very low body fat there is nothing to plump up the wrinkles.

Personally I'm aiming for the top end of my recommended BMI, face comes before a bit of fat for me. No good looking at a youthful body then scaring the hell outta myself when I look up at my face :8855:

This is actually a post for Lynn, so apologies for hijacking the thread.

Lynn, I wonder if I am being over ambitious with my goal/target weight and maybe have to face the fact that I am basing my ideal bodyweight on when I was in my twenties and I am now in my forties and have two children!

I have made a ticker, I'm 5'5 tall, have a small bust and wonder what you think about the weight I am aiming for.

Thank you.x

Im sorry i missed your post before, ive only just seen it.

Personally i would go for it if i were you, you are still young enough to do it, although 20 BMI is at the bottom of your weight range. Having children does change your body shape, so you might not achieve that ultra slim figure you had pre children, but im sure you would look fantastic anyway.

currently lingering at 8st 7-10....

bought some weights today too :)

Last edited:
Back