The Worlds best diet ITV1

Fuffs

This is really the time!
Another biased view in my opinion! Carol lost 19lbs on it. But she did not add the fat as us real low carbers do. Grilled fish or meat and a few veg. Now wonder she was starving and fed up! I bet she lost lean muscle tissue too!

I wish programmes would show it as it is suppose to be and do the right research. They said it is not a diet for life. I wanted to scream at the TV that Jim could tell them different lol

Oh well, we know the truth lol

Oh I missed that Sophs, probably a good job from what you're saying. :)

She ate things like oats for breakfast. And apricots or something!! No fat, no nothing! They were like her health as deteriorated (sp?) significantly and low carb is only recommended to boost a weight loss and cannot be lived on!! Idiots!

She wasn't specifically on Atkins then Sophs? just general low carbing?

She was doing the L.A low carb way of eating. The way the expert spoke was like what she was doing was representative of all low carb plans and in the long term they are bad for you. The mediteranian diet came out as the most healthy. Because of the tiny amount of pasta they eat (different to what we believe so they said lol), the guy on that diet seemed to be following what seemed closer to low carb than Carols lol

Hmm, when we were on holiday in Italy years ago, the locals ate tons of pasta it seemed to me Sophs.

Exactly Jim!! The prgramme was talking a load of rubbish!! The British way is supposedly, roast meats, veg and no snacking!! But on the otherhand we snack more than anyone in the world!!lol

No snacking, well that's true for me now, but the Girls in accounts are snacking all day long. LOL.

lol....it was a badly stereotyped programme lol...that contradicted itself lol

TV is mostly crap these days, especially programmes like that Sophs.

I'd second that Jim!

LOL my hubby is Italian and said that programme was a load of rubbish LOL
All my in-laws and friends in Italy eat a LOT more pasta than that (every day) and are fine and healthy.
My MIL would be shocked,LOL

Well that confirms the programme was crap then munchie. ;)

I watched this programme too! And was astonished at how it painted low carbing in a bad light when she hardly ate anything like what we do. Then i got the phone call off mum stating 'ooo did you watch that programme... the low carb one is best for losing it but not good for your health - i did tell you that' lol.. all in the patronising tone that mothers like to use.... Then came the 'well she was eating oats n fruit n stuff so why don't you do it like that?'.. It hardly seemed worth wasting my breath explaining it all.. lol

ah yes, mums Claire. ;)

lol!!! I am lucky my family have been ok. My mom lost nearly 4 stone in 3 months doing low carb (her own plan) 3 years ago and has kept most of it off. So, she is supportive, which helps!

The programme got me real mad. She was unhealthy by the end, because she had not followed a true low carb plan! grrrr lol

Good role model for you then Sophs.

Yeah :) She looks great, but still thinks she needs to lose a lot more. I think we hardly ever see ourselves the way others do!

That's a truth Sophs.

Just went online to watch the program on itv player. Only saw the 2nd one with the low carb.
Carole didn't say she was drinking extra water, they mentioned the sugars in the wine she was drinking but not in the mango she had for breakfast!
She didn't seem to be following any structured plan and she ate so much carby rubbish before she went on it she probably had withdrawal/cravings. The symptoms sounded like the 'flu' you get in the beginning and if she wasn't drinking the water or taking the vits it would explain her hunger and energy dips.
Basically, she was being paid to go on a diet - she wasn't doing it for the benefit of her health, so she wouldn't enjoy it as much as we do! And she got a holiday to LA!
When she said 13st was shocking I wanted to reach through the screen and strangle her! I'm trying really hard to get to that point. :mad:
It was very generic and didn't represent the benefits.
She said her bad cholesterol had gone up which is why it's a non-sustainable WOE.
Yeah, whatever!

Back