The Worst Day Ever- Don't Even Feel Like Eating...

m85912

Only a few more pounds...
This is gonna be a mega rant. Sorry. I am so frustrated and pissed off today.
Who here uses eBay? Who here uses shitty PayPal? Well, yeah me too, I've had 3 disputes, and throughout my 3 year history, have maintained 100% feedback, and am confirmed etc etc ...blah blah blah.
Well, I received a claim from a buyer claiming they didnt receive an item. This item was sent over 2 months ago and the buyer has magically claimed they didnt receive it. Here's the problem:

Thiefs exploiting key loopholes in PayPal sytem. Buyer bought an item off myself and paid via PayPal, they did not want to pay extra shipping international charges, so agreed via email (which I still have) that 1st class intl mail was ok, then 2 months later a claim is made to PayPal saying they never received the item in question. (Bearing in mind the buyer doesnt email me directly and let em know) PayPal have said unless the buyer cancels the claim, they will clearly issue the buyer with a refund as no tracking info has been provided, and has now left Honest sellers like myself out of pocket. I rang PayPal to express my concerns that anybody can exploit this loophole and rob sellers easily and quickly. I gave the Paypal representative an example as follows: If I were to purchase an item from somebody I knew, pay via PayPal and request that the item be sent via standard mail, receive the item , then file an "item not received" dispute, unless the seller provides tracking information to PayPal, PayPal would eventually refund my money , thus leaving the "seller" out of pocket and me having both the item and the money I paid for FREE. That way, sydicates take place and problems like this still continue. I can then go ahead and create various email addresses and do the same thing again and again. Regardless of confirmed or unconfirmed addresses and PayPal's protection programmes, they continue to overlook this key problem and it puts sellers like myself in such frustration and most of all, out of pocket...

Now, it is 100% unlikely the buyer will cancel the claim. I will now be out of pocket and am so annoyed this happens.

I hate PayPal. It has put a real downer on me selling things on eBay and really pissed me off big time.

I dont even wanna eat. Don't feel hungry and Feel crap at work shouting at everyone and being a right dragon. TOTM doesnt help either.
Thanks for reading - gonna go and continue to be pissed off now.

aww ((((hugs)))) ive only been recently selling on ebay and havent had any probs yet with paypal. I can see what your saying though thanks for letting us know. Its annoying though isnt it and there is people on there just scammers, im not a hardcore seller just a bit of fun really to me!! xx

I'm right pissed off cause my PayPal acct os -£197.00 and I am NOT paying one penny of that. I have been so Honest and I've read stories about PayPal sending bailiffs and allsorts to recover monies owed and I'm telling you I am not paying one bit of that. I have already contacted BBC watchdog and my local police station about it. I am so annoyed as I have over 250 positive feedback and I have an ebay shop which I have now closed as its hard for people to pay outside of paypal and I cannot buy either and if I do its a hassle to get postal orders and waiting for cheques to clear etc. Basically it was another source of income and now im bolloxed. So pissed off

argh! don't get me started on ebay/paypal...it's just too risky!

things like that happen all the time.

i bought something off there about two weeks ago and the girl said she would send it on Monday, first class...still haven't received it. It's within the UK too...I'm getting annoyed now because even though it didn't cost me much, i'm worried she won't send it :(

Hi, Ebay and paypal are so weighted towards buyers rights that they seem to forget who pays their wages...the SELLERS! My rant is about the fact as a seller you can't leave anything but positive feedback for your buyers now, even though they can muck you around, not pay, bid for a laugh etc. I have also had a couple of 'items not received' issuses recently, I think people are getting wind of how they can pull a fast one. I think ebay are going to lose a lot of business if they don't get their out out of their behinds and listen to their customers!

SO glad I'm not the only one. But as you can imagine, my paypal account is NEGATIVE £196.00 in the RED so I am extremely pissed.
I agree with Annie that it is so buyer "friendly" they forget about the sellers. I hope Watchdog get back to me. I'd LOVE to expose PayPal and eBay. What a JOY that would be!!!!!!!!!!!

hell your not the only one!

few years ago i sold a pc for my dad costing roughly £400 was sent to the buyer, all happy, tranferred paypal balance to my bank then gave to my dad... (minus my % ofcourse)

then buyer decided they wanted to do a chargeback with their credit card so they did this, i didnt understand cus i sent it trackable to a confirmed address and i was a confirmed high feedback seller! so i was 100% sovered ? (apparently) well no paypal made my account go into the negative and then i had letters from a debt collection agency which i ignored! thats where i found paypalsucks.com and asked advice and also went to moneysavingexpert.com and was adviced to ignore the debt letters and write direct to paypal, about 10 letters later to paypal i never heared anything back!

then last year i set up a new paypal account and linked it to my ebay cus i wasnt getting much formy items as i didnt accept paypal, i only sold a few things, then the feedback changes came in, and my 2 neutrals and 1 neg over the past 12 mnths got counted in and my feedback dropped dramaticly and i got suspended for 30 days untill i sorted out the prob, they expected me to improve it? but they took away the mutal withdraw? wtf? so anyway they didnt give me my account back with over 3000 feedback! so i set a new id up just for buying..

moral of the story is ebay sucks! so does paypal!

if you do still sell i would suggest sending everything recorded to a confirmed address, but even then you may still not be covered like me and many others! just read the forums.

and try ebid.net thats where i sell now and 1000's of other sellers, paypal is not compulsery over there :)

It is part of the paypal rules that u should get online tracking with everything

SO glad I'm not the only one. But as you can imagine, my paypal account is NEGATIVE £196.00 in the RED so I am extremely pissed.
I agree with Annie that it is so buyer "friendly" they forget about the sellers. I hope Watchdog get back to me. I'd LOVE to expose PayPal and eBay. What a JOY that would be!!!!!!!!!!!

im suprised they havent already to be honest. i tried to sell a phone on ebay once and i had to relist it about 8 times cause some foreign ppl kept bidding then saying they had already payed thru paypal when they so obviously hadnt and they wanted me to send it to india for a bday present. after that experience ive never used it again. it is really risky.

hell your not the only one!

few years ago i sold a pc for my dad costing roughly £400 was sent to the buyer, all happy, tranferred paypal balance to my bank then gave to my dad... (minus my % ofcourse)

then buyer decided they wanted to do a chargeback with their credit card so they did this, i didnt understand cus i sent it trackable to a confirmed address and i was a confirmed high feedback seller! so i was 100% sovered ? (apparently) well no paypal made my account go into the negative and then i had letters from a debt collection agency which i ignored! thats where i found paypalsucks.com and asked advice and also went to moneysavingexpert.com and was adviced to ignore the debt letters and write direct to paypal, about 10 letters later to paypal i never heared anything back!

then last year i set up a new paypal account and linked it to my ebay cus i wasnt getting much formy items as i didnt accept paypal, i only sold a few things, then the feedback changes came in, and my 2 neutrals and 1 neg over the past 12 mnths got counted in and my feedback dropped dramaticly and i got suspended for 30 days untill i sorted out the prob, they expected me to improve it? but they took away the mutal withdraw? wtf? so anyway they didnt give me my account back with over 3000 feedback! so i set a new id up just for buying..

moral of the story is ebay sucks! so does paypal!

if you do still sell i would suggest sending everything recorded to a confirmed address, but even then you may still not be covered like me and many others! just read the forums.

and try ebid.net thats where i sell now and 1000's of other sellers, paypal is not compulsery over there :)

AGREED. Thanks so much for sharing. Will try that new site and have a read. It is just so annoying and frustrating that things like this happen. The cheek of sending debt collection letters, I'm so ready for them. Thank you again for sharing. xxx

I have over 1000 feedback on ebay. I bought a pc game for my husband, he opened it and then realised it was for online play only. I couldn't take it back as he'd opened it so put it on ebay.
The person who bought it said they only needed the code to play online, they didn't want the game sending as they'd have to pay postage and it wasn't necessary as they had already downloaded it.

A few weeks later - Paypal chargeback. I'd never had a problem before. I emailed Paypal and sent them copies of the emails from the buyer. They said unless I had proof of postage they would grant the chargeback. I explained I'd not posted it, it was just a code for a game. They refunded the buyer and I was £25 out of pocket.
I've almost stopped selling on there now, maybe the odd thing.

In real life people are nasty sometimes. Ebay and paypal have to have an element of trust in order to work. You can't trust everyone.

x

OMG that's awful! I will be really careful if ever I sell anything on ebay. I probably won't bother at all though as that's safer!

Back