There I was thinking I was over the worst of it ...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Dobbie, 9 October 2007 Social URL.

1. Dobbie

Dobbie I will get to goal .....

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    ..... then the hunger hit mit!!

What is going on? Been fine all day and only 2 hours after my 2nd shake I'm so hungry my pen is looking tasty!

Weird thing is these bouts of hunger pangs are really strong and only last a few minutes. Anyone else find this?

I'm sure I'm in ketosis (got all the signs) but isn't hunger supposed to go once you're there?

Please help I'm really hungry :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mrs V

Mrs V Loves Life!

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2lb(42.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh Dobbie!!!

Come on you are doing so well....don't cave in now Hun!
    I still feel hungry when I am in ketosis, but I just drink more water and distract myself with other things.

I teach Beginner's Ceroc Jive, so usually it involves putting some music on and dancing around the lounge like a loony!!!

Besides which....you only think that you are hungry...not that you ARE hungry!!!

4. slimforlive

slimforlive Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I did feel hungry a few times over the first couple of weeks - but just drank more water and that soon stopped it. It WILL go, and you'll here this time and time again, but drink water - it's like a miracle cure!!

Keep at it - you're doing really well!!
    xxx

Mini likes this.
  5. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    Water usually does the trick!

I still get phases of suddenly feeling hungry and I stick to CD 100% - I tend to think it is just your body playing up!

I have chewed sugar-free chewing gum endlessly at these times, just for something to chew!

Mini likes this.
  6. Dobbie

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks guys - your replies have really helped and it's so good to know that others still feel hungry despite being in ketosis. The hunger seems to have passed off for now. Just annoying that it seems to creep up on you when you're starting to think it's going to be plain sailing!

I'm sure you're right that it's more of a mental thing. As for the water, had 8 pints so far today so I guess I'll be going for 10 before the day is out!!!

Flippin diet .... but it's soooo worth it!

7. Lilly

Lilly Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Dobbie! I have a hot drink, seems to ward off the pangs! Seen people recommend splitting the packs if that would help!

8. Dobbie

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooh thanks for that, I'll give it a go. So I just make up half a pack at a time?

9. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

I'm on week 14 and I still get hunger pangs sometimes - they seem to come out of nowhere but go as quickly as they come! just ride them out hun ! xx

10. Dobbie

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Thanks guys!! It's good to know I am not alone.
    Woke up at 4.30 this morning and was nearly eating BF's ear ... yum .... not!! Hunger was horrendous but it did go very quickly.

Aren't our bodies odd little things!

11. blue_grapefruit

blue_grapefruit Gold Member

You using the tetras?? I find splitting them into 1/3rds helps: I have 1/3 in my coffee in the morning, put 1/3 in the freezer, and have 1/3 in my PM coffee. The freezed one is perfect as "ice cream" in the evening. Chocolate only though xxx

12. Dobbie

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    no tetras just the shakes.

Am splitting them for the first time today and fingers crossed it's keeping Harry (my hunger) quiet!!

13. maid marrion

maid marrion Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge sole source
    I tried a hot drink of oxo this really helped!!

14. skinnymonkey1day

skinnymonkey1day Silver Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    bouillon

bouillon helps. its a drink well its something u use for stock but you can have it as a hot drink as well. you will find it in your supermarket near the oxo cubes. add a bit off pepper and away u go hee hee. quite ok if u fancy savoury as i dont like the soups yuk!!!

15. Amber34

Amber34 Full Member

Diet:
    Briffa/Atkins
    I use the 10 calorie soups from Morrisons inbetween my soups and shakes - my CDC recommended them.

I also use the psyllium husks in my soups and shakes when the hunger gets really annoying. They bulk me out so much I feel as though I've had a big meal!

16. Dobbie

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Oooh loving the boullion idea so much I popped out at lunch to buy some. It's sooooo yummy!!!! I feel like I've had a nice veggie soup and quite contented now!

Is there a limit to how much we are allowed per day?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.