There I was thinking I was over the worst of it ...

Dobbie

I will get to goal .....
..... then the hunger hit mit!!

What is going on? Been fine all day and only 2 hours after my 2nd shake I'm so hungry my pen is looking tasty!

Weird thing is these bouts of hunger pangs are really strong and only last a few minutes. Anyone else find this?

I'm sure I'm in ketosis (got all the signs) but isn't hunger supposed to go once you're there?

Please help I'm really hungry :confused:

Oh Dobbie!!!

Come on you are doing so well....don't cave in now Hun!
I still feel hungry when I am in ketosis, but I just drink more water and distract myself with other things.

I teach Beginner's Ceroc Jive, so usually it involves putting some music on and dancing around the lounge like a loony!!!

Besides which....you only think that you are hungry...not that you ARE hungry!!!

I did feel hungry a few times over the first couple of weeks - but just drank more water and that soon stopped it. It WILL go, and you'll here this time and time again, but drink water - it's like a miracle cure!!

Keep at it - you're doing really well!!
xxx

Water usually does the trick!

I still get phases of suddenly feeling hungry and I stick to CD 100% - I tend to think it is just your body playing up!

I have chewed sugar-free chewing gum endlessly at these times, just for something to chew!

Thanks guys - your replies have really helped and it's so good to know that others still feel hungry despite being in ketosis. The hunger seems to have passed off for now. Just annoying that it seems to creep up on you when you're starting to think it's going to be plain sailing!

I'm sure you're right that it's more of a mental thing. As for the water, had 8 pints so far today so I guess I'll be going for 10 before the day is out!!!

Flippin diet .... but it's soooo worth it!

Hi Dobbie! I have a hot drink, seems to ward off the pangs! Seen people recommend splitting the packs if that would help!

Ooh thanks for that, I'll give it a go. So I just make up half a pack at a time?

I'm on week 14 and I still get hunger pangs sometimes - they seem to come out of nowhere but go as quickly as they come! just ride them out hun ! xx

Thanks guys!! It's good to know I am not alone.
Woke up at 4.30 this morning and was nearly eating BF's ear ... yum .... not!! Hunger was horrendous but it did go very quickly.

Aren't our bodies odd little things!

You using the tetras?? I find splitting them into 1/3rds helps: I have 1/3 in my coffee in the morning, put 1/3 in the freezer, and have 1/3 in my PM coffee. The freezed one is perfect as "ice cream" in the evening. Chocolate only though xxx

no tetras just the shakes.

Am splitting them for the first time today and fingers crossed it's keeping Harry (my hunger) quiet!!

bouillon

bouillon helps. its a drink well its something u use for stock but you can have it as a hot drink as well. you will find it in your supermarket near the oxo cubes. add a bit off pepper and away u go hee hee. quite ok if u fancy savoury as i dont like the soups yuk!!!

I use the 10 calorie soups from Morrisons inbetween my soups and shakes - my CDC recommended them.

I also use the psyllium husks in my soups and shakes when the hunger gets really annoying. They bulk me out so much I feel as though I've had a big meal!

Oooh loving the boullion idea so much I popped out at lunch to buy some. It's sooooo yummy!!!! I feel like I've had a nice veggie soup and quite contented now!

Is there a limit to how much we are allowed per day?

Back